Pilot

Secrets | Alice in Borderland.

 

I arrive at the lit up apartment complex. I have no clue what the hell is going on and where everyone went. Last thing I remember I was heading for the subway to go home, and now I’m here.

As I make my way to the entrance I notice I’m not the only one here. There are about 8 others standing there, just waiting. One guy stands out right away, and I make my way to him. He is dressed in a white zip-up hoodie that almost matches his ash blonde hair.    

 

“Chisiya? What are you doing here?” I ask confusedly.

 

He looks up and his eyes widen a bit.

 

“Luna?! How.. when.. what.. what are you doing here?”

 

“You ask me? I don’t know how I got here and what is going on.”

 

Chisiya grabs a phone and hands it to me.

 

“Here, take this. You’re gonna need it.”

 

The facial recognition seems to know who I am and unlocks the phone. I immediately try to call the emergency services, but there is no signal. I only see two apps on here; Games and Visa.

 

“Chisiya, what is going on? What does this mean?”

 

“Okay, listen carefully. This..”

 

He was cut off by two guys entering last minute. Then the phones ring.

 

Registration has closed. There are a total of 13 participants. The game will now commence.

 

“Game? What?” I say with a confused look on my face.

 

Chisiya looks at me and just nods before the phone talks again.

 

Difficulty, Five of Spades

 

“It’s a physical game. Strength is everything here.” Another guy speaks up after he notices my confused look.

 

“The mark on a card signifies the game’s genre. Clubs refers to a team battle, Diamonds refers to a battle of wits. As for hearts.. it’s the most troublesome one. It’s a game of betrayal. Numbers signify the level of difficulty, the larger the number, the harder it is to clear.” He continues.

 

It doesn’t help my confusion at all, but the phone speaks again.

 

[Game] Tag

[Rule] Run away from the tagger.

[Clear condition] Discover the safe zone hidden in one of the building rooms within the time limit. You clear the game when this objective is fulfilled.

[Time limit] 20 minutes. After 20 minutes the time bomb hidden in the building will explode.

 

Chisiya looks up and motions me to follow him. We make our way to the top floor, which is the 7th.