P’wede ba?

Found Myself in Yu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time check, 10:39 PM.

 

Until what time are we gonna walk on this empty road? Winter thought, feeling her legs numb. 

 

“Are we still— No, I mean, malayo pa?” She broke the silence, before seeing the taller one smile again, literally for no reason at all.

 

Or… she has? Whilst she leaves the short haired unaware.

 

“Pagod ka na ba? Isang kanto na lang po."

 

“I told you, drop the ‘po’.” She sighed, “How old are you?”

 

“Alam ko iyan! Naitanong iyan ng Tiya ko noon,” Karina shared cheerfully, which Winter finds odd.

 

Is she really not familiar with some English phrases? At least twenty or more words? Winter questioned. 

 

“Ang edad ko ngayon ay bente kuwatro." She snapped her fingers, along with her eye smile. 

 

Winter remained in a trance over Karina's response, while she smiled that she could understand. The woman eventually tried to keep up with it, however.

 

“Bente… is twenty, and kwatro is four… So,” Winter faced her, meeting the smiley seller. “You’re twenty four?”

 

“Inilipat mo lang sa Ingles, miss,” She chuckled.

 

“Yeah kasi… Kasi hindi ako gano’n ka- you know?”

 

“Hindi ka sanay sa tagalog? Mukha naman.” 

 

“Is that a compliment?”

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“W-wala…” 

 

Karina nodded as they continued talking. After wasting too much time, she finally saw the light, and the cars passing as her heart started to pound hard. Maybe, maybe La Union is something else. 

 

A lot of people are waiting with their cars, since the place has countless bars in it. It’s not really a province-like spot since it wasn’t empty like the place she got lost in earlier. There are still stores, souvenir sellers, tusok-tusok, and many more you can see in Maynila.

 

It’s just that, as someone who lives in not even an average family, Karina never had the chance to put up with those trends, nor try the things people at her age do— since she’s busy working for a living.

 

“Malapit na tayo, mi—“

 

“Winter.” She introduced, leaving the other in rock. “Ang pangalan ko ay Winter.” She repeated, giving her a smile. 

 

No one knows why a simple name introduction gave Karina a bizarre feeling. She's run across other people from the beach, not too dumb to know that most of the men are hitting on her, even some of the girls yet— even respectfully introducing in front of her wasn’t this quivering as Winter does it. 

 

Kagandang pangalan para sa magandang babae. Karina’s insides uttered.

 

“Winter… Parang ‘yung kapaskuhan?”

 

“Yes. Like that.”

 

The innocent nodded once again, as they headed to the vendors of tusok-tusok, with a tarpaulin displayed as “Paraiso.”

 

“Kuya Jess!” Karina called, leaving Winter confused.

 

What the hell are we supposed to do here? Usual with her impatient behavior, as her eyebrows started meeting each other. 

 

“Mi— ah, Winter,” The taller called sweetly, which made her shiver for she doesn’t even know why. 

 

Her voice is something else. 

 

“Kumain ka na ba? Ang haba ng nilakad natin,” Karina questioned casually. Winter was about to lie, until she felt her stomach boil once again, along with the smell of probably good food around her. 

 

It wouldn’t be bad to be honest for once, right?

 

“H-hindi pa… I haven’t eaten." 

 

“Oh, ito,” Karina handed her a paper cup, “kumakain ka ba nito?”

 

The bourgeoisie looked around, seeing kwek-kwek, calamares, betamax, isaw, bulaklak, at baga ng manok. Yet, by just looking at those, it’s like she just wanna starve herself to death. 

 

“Jesus…” She whispered, whilst Karina was too busy getting for herself. “What the hell are these…”

 

“Hm? May napili ka na ba?” 

 

She gulped, not knowing what to answer. 

 

“Sinasabi ko na, at hindi ka kumakain nito. Halika, tikman mo ‘to,” She put a stick of Isaw in front of Winter’s mouth, whilst the other just stared at her confusedly. “Ah,”

 

“What?”

 

“Ah. Susubuan kita kasi hawak mo ang phone mo at ang baso, mahirap kumain nang may hawak,” 

 

“Pero… Pero I don’t… Hindi ako nag eat niyan.” 

 

“Isa lang, bilis. Para hindi ka malipasan ng gutom,”

 

Good Lord, you don’t even know if it’s safe to do so. But damn, with that pretty face and eyes of yours asking me, then I would gladly do it. 

 

“M-malinis?”

 

“Oo, si Kuya Jess, malinis siya mag benta kaya huwag ka mag alala,” Karina convinced her cheerfully, as the other took it unhesitatingly. All surprised that— she unfortunately likes it. “masarap, ‘di ba?” Winter nodded slowly. 

 

“Gusto mo pa? Pili ka lang,” Karina suggested, “subuan na lang kita.” 

 

With Satan being beside her, she choked on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter