So I Met You pt.2

Running Man Story House
 
 
 
 
 
It was in the middle of the night when Somin ranaway from home. No one heard a single noise coming from her footsteps or from the door. She also didn't left any letter or whatsoever for any reason. She ran faster than she can do, because if her father catches her, she can never be free.
Somin comes from a family of known artists. They have been known in South Korea for decades and have been recognized internationaly too. Somin is good at poetry and paintings, but she is only doing it as a hobby, but for her grandparents and parents, they want her to follow their footsteps and inherit their art business, which she doesn't want to. The triggering moment for Somin was when her family decided to put her into marriage with her childhood friend Hyukjae.
"What do you mean you want me to marry Hyukjae? Eommoni, we are only good friends." Somin stressed out to her mother trying to convince her to stop the craziness they are planning. "It will only be a disaster for both of us."
"And why is that?" her mother asked, "Why woild be a disaster for both of you? Hyukjae had agreed to marry you so there shouldn't be any problem. The two of you known each other since you were children. Shouldn't it be enough?"
"Enough? How can you say that to you daughter? I am your child! How can you just forsake my freedom just like that? Does my happiness means nothing to this family?"
"Somin-a! Don't you dare question us about what we think is good for you or not. Everything we are doing right now is for your future. Don't you see? Hyukjae's family and our family have a long history of friendship that even survived the war of this country."
"What did I do so wrong to deserve this kind of fate, eommoni? I didn't even ask to be born in this family!" a slap landed on her face which hurt her heart more than her cheek.
"You didn't ask to be born in this family and we didn't even ask for you to be this way, Jeon Somin! Can't you see? We are doiong this because this what we see that can guarantee you future. We are doing this all for you!"
"Doesn't it occur to you that you are going to make a big mistake? I don't love Hyukjae and Hyukjae doesn't love me! We are just going to be strangers and nothing will go as you planned."
"Then make it work. You are wise enough to know what to do! You are woman and you must protect your family if needed."
"No. No matter what you do or say, I won't marry Hyukjae."
In the end, Somin just thought about things she can do to stop the crazy idea that the two families have agreed on. She then decided to talk to Hyukjae herself and make him stop the marriage.
"I'm sorry, Somin-a, I can't help you with this. Grandpa was the one who wanted this and I can't fight him." Hyukjae said directly while fiddling on his cup.
"If you are saying this now, how about Sohee? Have you talk about this with her?" Somin asked frustratingly.
"Yes."
"What did she said?"
"Somin-a, can't we just do this?"
"What? Lee Hyukjae! Are you crazy? Tell me, what about Sohee? I know that the two of you have been together for years. Are you just going to throw her out of your life?" Hyukjae didn't answer and just had a sip on his cup. A sudden realization hits Jeon Somin that very moment. She then let out a very annoyed single chuckle, "Ahh, so that's it. Is it, Hyukjae?"
Hyukjae was puzzled as to what Somin was thinking that moment, "What do you mean?"
"You agredd to marry me so you would have the liberty to see Sohee and spend more of your time with her than with me after marriage, right? You two are planning to make me your smokescreen to continue your love affair, is that it, Hyukjae?"
Hyukjae swallowed hard when he heard Somin, "Somin-a, I know-"
"You know nothing Hyukjae. You think I will let you do what you want while I am tied like a log inside the house? You are going to marry me just to have the liberty to have Sohee all you want? Are you nuts?"
"Somin, you don't understand-"
"You are the one who doesn't understand, Hyukjae. Do you think I will just  stay quiet just because you are my friends? I can't just lose my freedom just for you to be free!"
'You don't have anyone you love the most, Jeon Somin, so you don't understand the struggle we are having. I am betting all my life in this marriage."
"No, you don't Hyukjae. You are only betting my life and not yours. Because if you are betting yours, you would simply turn down this marriage and choose Sohee, but you didn't. You chose to use me instead, than to use the bravery you are so keen on saying to my face."
"Because I don't have any choice! I don't want Sohee to get hurt!"
"And does it make sense to hurt me?!" Somin shook her head, stood up and pour her coffee on Hyukjae. "You won't get your way. You and Sohee, I will make sure to give you hell like you are doing to me now." Somin then left the cafe trying to stop her tears from falling in front of Hyukjae. She ran off of the cafe and cried alone in her room after coming home.
She couldn't think straight and doesn't really know what she can do to stop the marriage from coming, until she browsed the internet to read some crazy things posted by the netizens about how they deal with their crazy families. One post talked about a house in the mountain. It said that it was hard to find in the Jiri Mountain. It was also said that only the desperate once can find it. No one in that thread have been really faithful in that post, but it somehow occured to Jeon Somin that it was the place that she needed the most. On the third night of her deliberation to herself, Somin decided to tke the journey herself to find the place.
In the foot of Mt. Jiri, Somin found a guy who seemed to be lost in his way too. Without any words, she just followed the guy. when the guy stopped walking around, Somin stopped too. Obviously, the man noticed how she was trying to follow him. She looked down embarassed but she still sat down in the rock beside the man.
"Do you like to have some drinks?" Somin offered the man. The latter just looked at her one second and then turned to look ahead of him. She pouted a little and sighed. "Hmm, do you...do you perhaps know where to find the house?" Somin asked shyly before closing her eyes afraid that the man would be somehow annoyed with her, but he was not.
"I don't know what house you are talking about. This is Jiri Mountain, there is nothing here but the rest houses on every point." The man answered politely and straight.
A moment later, Somin can't help but to looked at the man's face. He has mustache and beard. Not too thick but somehow visible. Its like its been there for a month? His hair were growing too and it seemed that he was like a nomad. He doesn't have a big bag or food it seemed to Somin.
"Sorry. I thought you are going to the same place." she apologized. "I am here to find the Running House."
"I don't know what you are talking about. Just go on your way."
"I can't I am afraid."
"Then why come here on your own?" The man was puzzled and also sound a bit irritated after hearing Somin said it.
Somin felt ashamed and a bit of scared. She just wanted to have someone to walk with her, but somehow it made the man felt uncomfortable and burdened. In her mind, she was the one who wanted to go and escape her life, but ended up being a hard carry now. Her tears suddenly fell.
The man looked at her surprised, "Ya," he felt uneasy, "Why are you suddenly crying?" The uneasiness on his eyes and voice was evident. He felt bad for how he reacted to Somin.
"Its- its nothing. Don't mind me." Somin started to stepped back while the man was trying to reach for her. "Don't worry, I won't, I won't bother you again."
"Be careful will you. Stop stepping back, you might end up-" before he can finish his words, Somin had fell from the cliff, "Ya!" Quickly, the man reached out his hands to save Somin. Gladly, he was able to hold her in time. There was nothing around Somin that she can hold on to, but the man was trying his best to hold one of his hand on the small tree trunk. "Don't let go of my hand. Pull yourself up."
"I can't!" she whimpered in fear. "Please don't let go of me! I don't want to die yet!" Somin was crying so hard.
"Who said you're going to die? Just trust me, okay? You better calm down first. Deep breath." A little moment later, Somin collected herself and  do as the man said. She breath deeply while looking at his eyes, "Now, reach your feet on the rock wall." Somin did as she was told. "I'm going to pull you up, but you have lift yourself up too, okay?" Somin nodded. "Now, make a step upward."
Bit by bit, Somin made it. The mn on the other hand was exhausted lying on the ground. Somin cried harder when she was saved which surprised the man.
"Why are you crying again?" The man asked.
"I'm sorry for being a burden."
"Stop it. Just stop doing things without thinking." Somin tried to stop her crying, "By the way, where is that place you are heading?"
"Eh? Ah, the Running House? They said it is here. Around here in Mt. Jiri."
"Who told you that?"
"I just read it in the internet."
Confused, but the man just chuckled, "You came here without even asking for the right direction?"
"Sorry."
"Stop saying sorry." he stood up, "Stand up. I will walk with you until we find that Running House or whatever you are talking about."
It made Somin happy she made a new friend. While walking in the woods, thunder storm suddenly came. Jiri Mountain have teams guarding it, but some of its spots were off limits and thats where Somin and the man were. Threading along the unknown path, the thunders were following them. One, two, it seems that the place was prone to thunders.
"We have to go faster." The man said and took Somin's hand. Her heart suddenly beat faster and she can feel that her face was flushed in red. Tho the man can't see her, Somin just held hand with the stranger tighter. "We need to find a place to stay."
"Y-yes."
They stopped in what they thought a little safer place to look for better ways to go, until another thunder had hit a nearby tree. The big tree was going to hit the shocked Somin, but yet again, the stranger saved her by pushing her out of the way.
"No!" Somin shouted when she saw the man got hit by the tree. She ran toward him and try to wake him up. "Wake up, please. Please. We need to get out of here." She cried again. She cried and cried shouting for help. Desperately, she then wiped her tears and stood up to find some help.