Just a Higher Place pt.3

Running Man Story House
Memories are timeless              treasures of the Heart...
The two became more inseparable after Sooyeon's confessions. Jongkook, like a real man he was, he doesn't want Sooyeon to feel that she doesn't deserve to be happy because of what happened. For Jongkook, that man she talked about was the real bad person in that story. Sooyeon was his willing victim because she fell in love.
"Stop it." Sooyeon said. Jongkook just looked at her while chopping the vegetables they were preparing for dinner. "Stop it."
"What? Stop what?" he asked innocently.
"Stop being so good to me as if I am terminally ill."
"Why are you saying that? You are not ill. And I am good to you because you are taking care of me and ajussi."
"You are also taking good care of us. Hey, Kim Jongkook-ssi, I am serious. Don't be too good to me." Sooyeon then sat down beside Kim Jongkook. She looked at him  in the eyes which he also did. "Stop being so good to someone you don't know much. You might lead me on."
"Then I will be glad to do it."
"What?"
"Look, isn't it better if you fall in love with me? Like, I am single and free. I can take care of you. I can give you all my time and efforts and feelings."
"Stop it. Don't utter words that you don't mean. You are going to hurt me." Sooyeom then stood up to leave Jongkook in the kitchen, but he followed her quickly and pulled her arm gently to stop her from going, "Aist, Kim Jongkook, don't do this, okay? I am fine being alone and I am here to take care of myself- ALONE. Can we please not make things complicated?"
"Sooyeon-a. Cheon Sooyeon, I am serious. I know, I know I have met you months ago and I know that you came from a very painful relationship, but believe me, I want to be the one to take care of you. I want to be a part of your life. I don't know when this started, but I know, in my mind and in my heart, I like you."
"You like me? Until when? Until the woman you really love comesback to you?"
"Sooyeon-"
"Kim Jongkook-ssi, listen to me. I have already moved on from the lost I had. I have recovered from the broken heart that almost end my life. I went through all those things alone. Please don't confuse your sympathy for love. I understand how you feel after you heard my story, but this is not it."
"I don't pity you. I don't pity you, Sooyeon-a. I really do like you. The truth is, I do pity myself because I don't know how I will be able to provide you the thimgs that you will need or your want at this moment or the life that you deserve. But, one thing is for sure. One thing I am sure of. And that one thing is that I like you. I want you. I need you. Sooyeon-a, that's all that I can tell you. I can't guarantee you that I can make you happy all the time or I won't hurt you, but I can promise you that I will stay with you and give you everything I have. I will give you even my life."
Sooyeon's tears flowed down. She never heard the same lines from Insung before. She never had a chance to have a man like Jongkook in his life. He was telling her the truth. He surely was telling her the most things that she wanted to hear throughout her relationship with her past lover. Kim Jongkook was nowhere like Insung. You can't compare him to that man. And it hurt Cheon Sooyeon more.
It hurt her more because she knew to herself that she wasn't a person that Jongkook deserve. She wasn't the woman that should be happy with a pure heart guy like him. He deserve so much better. That moment, Sooyeon held Jongkook's hand before pushing it away from her. She then ranaway from the house to hide from Jongkook.
Knowing that Sooyeon won't go home until he sleeps, Jongkook just decided to follow her to the woods. He doesn't know where to start, but he knew her enough to declare that she was just somewhere in there waiting for time to pass. And of course, he wasn't wrong. For almost 2 hours of looking around, he found her in the frozen lake side.
"Finally found you." Jongkook said. Sooyeon just sighed defeated and embraced her knee tighter in anger. He sat down beside her and gave her the jacket he brought. He wrapped it around her before holding her hand to warm it up. "We left the vegetables and meat on the table. If we won't comeback now, Mr. Choi will have no choice but to cook it for us." Sooyeon just sulked, "Stop sulking will you? Its fine if you don't want to accept my feelings for you. I can wait. Don't pressure yourself about it. I won't talk about it again. So, lets go back to the house. Its going to snow later. It will be hard for us to comeback if we stay here too long."
They walked their way back while holding hands. Sooyeon was like a child dragging her feet. Halfway thru, she stopped walking to asked Jongkook to carry her on his back. Without second thought and  a smile, Jongkook complied.
"What will you do if I haven't found you here? You can't even walk all the way back." Jongkook said.
Sooyeon put her head on his shoulder and sighed, "Right. I suddenly feel so cold when you came."
"Because you are already used to my warmth."
"Because you have a very warm heart to everyone."
"Not everyone. Only for you and ajussi. But of course, its still different for you."
Sooyeon chuckled, "Why do you like me?"
"Because you are pretty, kind, and I don't know what else. I just like you so much, I sometimes can't sleep thinking what I have to do with you."
"Despite all that I have told you, you still want me?"
"I already told you. I don't care about your past. That is something you didn't choose but you fought just to have it. You might have done it for the wrong person, but it doesn't mean you don't deserve the pure happiness."
"Can I trust you?"
"Trust me or not, I know how a really feel."
"Then I will give my trust to you."
Jongkook stopped walking and put Sooyeon down, "What did you say?"
"I said I will give my trust to you."
"What do you mean?"
"I want to give you a chance. I want to give us a chance. I don't know what or how we will be together but I want to take that hope you are giving me. I want to start anew with the man who is willing to give his heart to me."
"Really?" He can't contain his happiness that his red nose due to cold is now paired with her red cheeks. He laughed in happiness before shouting, "YES! YES! Cheon Sooyeon is my girlfriend now!"
"Hey, stop it. You are bothering the woods."
Jongkook was so happy that he even carried her in his arms and turned around a few times. Sooyeon was also so happy too.
The days past and Christmas and New Year were different for Mr. Choi, Sooyeon and Jongkook. For Jongkook, its the first time he felt like whole during the holidays. Its cold because of the season, but he feel warm inside his heart. Sooyeon was seemingly happier too. She was also not afraid to go down the mountain to join Jongkook buying things they need at the house.
The house also accomodated some people at some times. They don't stay as long as Jongkook and Sooyeon, but somehow made connections to them. Until the spring comes, Sooyeon and Jongkook were getting stronger and lovelier to each other day by day. There were some misunderstanding at times, but they don't drag it too long. There weren't any problems coming from their past too. Nothing that will remind them about anything or anyone. Until that day came.
Jongkook and Sooyeon went down for their weekly groceries and selling their house produce. Its how they keep the house running and sustained whenever they have visitors coming. Spring was the most busy season for them. Maybe because of the clear path or the clear sky, many have been able to get to the house.
Jongkook left Sooyeon on a cafe to buy the other things they needed. He doesn't like the idea of Sooyeon walking around carrying heavy things around. An hour later or so, Jongkook came back, but he found Sooyeon walking out of the cafe. He was about to call her when he saw a man quickly following her out. It was Insung, the guy Sooyeon talked about. He was chasing her. Sooyeon was obviously trying to go away from Insung. As a reflex, Jongkook put down everything he was carrying and followed the 2 to save Sooyeon.
A little bit more when he was about to get them, Sooyeon was about to cross the street by walking fast. It was green light, but as if things couldn't get any worse, a truck lost its brakes and hit Sooyeon on the spot.
"SOOYEON!" Jongkook shouted and so as Insung. They ran like lightning fast  towards her. Insung came first but Jongkook pushed him out and take Sooyeon to his arms.
"Who-" Insung tried to ask but Jongkook shouted at him to go call the ambulance which Insung did.
While waiting at the spot, Sooyeon was bleeding profusely, tried to reach out for Jongkook's hand and he did took it. "Don't waste your strength, Sooyeon-a. Just wait for the ambulance, okay? You are going to be okay. They will save you. So please hold on."
"You-alrea-dy-sa-ved-me-Jo-Jongkook-a." Sooyeon uttered heavily obviously having a hard time breathing.
"What are you saying? You saved me more than what you know. Sooyeon-i is the one thing that's keeping me sane. So, you have to stay with me all my life and keep me that way, okay?"
Insung in the other hand was so shocked that he was just sitting on the ground lookingat the bloody body of Sooyeon.
"I-I-li-like-Jongkook-too." Sooyeon said. She gently touched Jongkook's face with her hand full of blood. "I-I'm-sor-ry-that-I-I-I'm-mak-making-it-ha-hard-for-you" she breathed heavily, "I wa-want-you-you-to-be-ha-happy-al-always."
"I can't only be happy if you are with me. Sooyeon-a, we will always be together and that's a promise I am going to fulfill with you." Jongkook took her hand and kissed it with tears in his eyes. He knew that very moment that Sooyeon was trying to say her goodbyes.
"I-if-I-couldn't-ma-make-it-re-remem-mem-ber-tha-that-I-am-j-just-somewhe-where-w-wat-ching-o-over-you."
That was the very last moment that Jongkook have to embraced Sooyeon tightly while crying silently. He can only do so much until her hand fell down the ground. Sooyeon couldn't make it. The impact that the hit made to her body had damaged many internal organs. With this, Jongkook cannot do anything against it. They did tried on the hospital, but she really couldn't make it. And that's how Jongkook's joy had vanished from his body.
° ° °
"So, it was a short happiness for both of them." Sechan said to Mr. Choi after hearing Jongkook's story. "I can understand what he was going thru, but for him to be like that after all these years, wouldn't Sooyeon be sad?"
Mr. Choi can only smile a little about that.
A/N: Anything goes in here