So I Met You pt. 3

Running Man Story House
Mr. Choi was listening in the window while the thunder were roaring in the sky and the rain was not letting down. He was looking far ahead. It puzzled Yoo Jaeseok so he stood closer to the window too to look into it.
"Ajussi, what are we looking at?" Jaeseok asked.
"Ahh, I think I am hearing something or someone screaming." Mr. Choi answered.
"At this heavy rain and thunder? How are you hearing it?" Jaeseok tried his best to focus on screaming that the old man talked about.
"Listen carefully."
Its been long minutes before the screaming got louder and closer. Out of the wood, finally, a woman emerged crying for help.
"Help! Help us please! Someone help us please!" Somin cried for help so hard.
The men of the house all rose up to look out of the window from down and upstairs. They were wondering who might the woman be, but more than that, they all open the door and asked the woman about her cry.
"What is happening?" Mr. Choi asked the woman who was now in front of their door.
"Help me please, ajussi. My friend, my friend needs help." She cried.
"What happened to your friend?" Jongkook asked.
"He-he was crushed by a big tree. Please, please, ajussi, help me please."
With Mr. Choi, Jongkook, Jaeseok, Seokjin and Donghoon came to see the situation following Somin. She led them to the place where the man was lying with a trunk on his back.
"This is serious." Mr. Choi said. "Quick, set the rope immediately. We can't let him stay in there for too long. He might suffer irriversible damages."
Somin stayed beside the man with Mr. Choi trying to see over the operation. The four men were trying their best to get the trunk off of the man. She was holding his hand tightly.
"Are you her girlfriend?" Mr. Choi asked.
Somin sd, "I wish I am." She cried, "But I am not and I am confused as to why he need to saved me like this." She cried louder. "Please save him, please."
Mr. Choi chuckled lightly watching how Somin was crying over the man. For almost an hour, the operation was a success, but the man was still fast asleep. He had high fever and lots of bruises around his body.
"We need to make sure he is alright." Seokjin said. "We need to bring him down the town for a check up. There seemed to be some fractures on his arms." As a doctor himself, Seokjin assessed the man objectively.
"Wi-will he be okay?" Somin asked while gently putting cold towel on the man's head.
"We need to look after him for the whole night until we bring him in for a proper check."
"Don't worry." Jaeseok assured, "Hyeong might looked like an old man in the cave but he is a doctor and with a license. He knew many small hospital around in thi area." He then turned to Seokjin, "But hyeong, are you sure it will be enough? Dont we need to bring him in big hospital? Like in Seoul Ge-"
"Don't say it." Seokjin forbid Jaeseok in snarky way which made the man stop and apologized. "We will see what the tests will tell us tomorrow. If he needed more than what the hospitals here can give, then I can help him transfer on much bigger ones."
At the kitchen, Mr. Choi was making some soup and food everyone for the rainy night. Jongkook was helping him and so as Donghoon who was preparing the table. A moment later, Seokjin and Jaeseok came over.
"You can have a seat." Mr. Choi said, "The foods are ready." he then put the soup pan in the table while Jongkook put the other foods in next before they all sat down to have dinner.
"Hyeong, is he going to be okay?" Jongkook asked Seokjin.
"He still have high fever. I bet it will be like that all night, so we have to pull an all nighter." Seokjin replied directly. "We also have to bring him down town for a check up. Having crushed by a big tree like that would surely hit his bones. But I still wish that it won't be that serious."
"Jongkook-i," Jaeseok continued, "Help us bring him down. Its our market day tomorrow too, so it won't hurt your schedule."
"But how are we going to bring him down? We can't use the bridge. We can only use the back way." Jongkook answered.
"We can make a stretcher out of the woods in the barn. Lets use our spare covers." Seokjin replied.
"Hyeong is right." Jaeseok agreed. "We need to carry him. He is not light at all."
"We already create a safer patway down the mountain at the back way." Mr. Choi said, "We can try harder tomorrow to make him reach the town safetly."
When the morning comes, the younger men of the house were making the makeshift stretcher while Jaeseok was assisting Seokjin on taking care of the man's wounds and fever.
"Is he alright now?" Somin asked.
"His fever got down, but we still have to see why he still not waking up." Seokjin replied. "We really need to get him down town."
"I will come with you!" Somin volunteered.
"You should do that. You have to get checked too."
"Ah, if you don't mind, what are you two doing in the restricted area of Jirisan?" Jaeseok asked Somin while sitting down holding the tray.
"It was a long story for me. But to make it short, I am running away from my family." Somin answered truthfully.
"But why are you running from them?"
Somin then started to tell her story. It might be long, but the two ajussi listened to her like real adults should do. They don't judge anyone and just listened which made Somin felt more comfortable.
After the makeshift stretcher was done, the group started their walk down the mountain. Despite the pathway they made for easy access, they had a hard time on how they can get the man down the town. They have to be careful not to injured him more, but they also have to take care of themselves not to get hurt too.
The group arrived at the small hospital with x-rays and other machines to see if the man have been injured internally.  They were glad to hear that he doesn't have any internal bleeding. Seokjin explained everything to everyone and had faith on him. Somin on the other hand was fine too physically.
"Hm, ajussi," Somin shyly asked Mr. Choi, "if I will be honest with you, me and him, we don't have money for all of these. I lost my wallet when I almost fall down the cliff. And, and he doesn't have anything on his wallet too when I checked last night. Only his ID and some picture."
Mr. Choi smiled, "I am not asking you to pay for anything. Both of you just need to get better. Have you heard Seokjin asking for anything while you were talking to him?" Somin shook her head, "Exactly. Because we are not doingit for the money."
"I see." Somin smiled. "Then maybe we can repay you by helping on your lodging, ajussi! Sechan and I-"
"Sechan?"
"Yes. His name is Yang Sechan. And I am Jeon Somin."
"So, you two came together?"
"Ah, no, no, that we aren't. We, we just met by the mountain foot. I-I followed him everywhere he goes because-"
"Because you are afraid of getting lost?" Mr. Choi chuckled. "I get it. You don't know where you are going, aren't you?"
"Ajussi, I actually was looking for a-"
"Were you looking for the Running House?"
"Yes. Do you know where it is?"
Mr. Choi chuckled and so Donghoon. Somin was confused.
"Why are you laughing? It doesn't exist, is it?"
"It's not that." Mr. Choi replied.
"The Running House you are talking about was the one you just slept in last night." Donghoon said.
Somin was surprised when she learned about it. She found the house she wanted to see. She mt its people and they were helping them. Indeed, that house was for the desperate ones. They couldn't find it for the whole day, but it suddenly opened its door when Somin cried for help.
•••
"Sechan," Seokjin called the youngest's attention, "Are you still afraid of opening your heart to Somin? She is doing all she could for you."
"I hope she will understand where I am coming from, hyeong. It is not easy for me too." Sechan replied.
"I understand you and will always will." Somin suddenly appears out of nowhere and caresses Sechan's back. "Oppa, I am not in a hurry. Being with Sechan like this, I am already thankful for that." She then turned to Sechan, "Sechan-i, don't worry too much about me. You can always take your time. Just always remember that, Jeon Somin is always here for you!" Somin smiled brightly before putting her arms and hands up before forming it to heart shape, "I love Sechan-i the most!"
It does fluttered Sechan's heart, that's for sure. It was evident to th eyes of Jaeseok and Seokjin and the two older brothers are just happy for them.