Part IV

The Crying Closet

Jimin ran up the stairs to the second level, and down the corridor. Yes, she shouldn't run there, but she couldn't care less about the weird looks she got from the students.

Jimin turned to the library and slowed down, taking big steps inside. She glanced at Jinsol, giving her a nod as to thank her, and headed her way to the door between the shelves. She knocked without hesitation, and the second the door opened, Jimin launched herself at Minjeong, the door closing itself behind them.

Minjeong's smaller body seemed to have become stone under Jimin's tight embrace.

"You said you wouldn't come back here," Jimin mumbled, squeezing Minjeong even more. "What... What happened?"

The silence ate Jimin's rational thoughts, terrifying her with whatever Minjeong was about to say. But instead of an immediate answer, Minjeong's arms rested around Jimin's frame, her face on the crook of her neck.

"I'm fine." Minjeong's whisper sent chills down Jimin's back.

"You said the same the other times, and you weren't."

"She apologized."

Jimin stopped breathing. Was that about to turn into her worst nightmare?

"She said she thought a lot about what happened and what she did," Minjeong went on. "and that she would not try anything anymore."

A long, loud exhale escaped Jimin's lips, her tensed body relaxing between Minjeong's arms.

"That... that is good, right?" Jimin risked asking.

The new silence was even worst than the first one.

"It's what I needed to close this chapter. But the way she talked, so caring as she used to do, just... made me remember a lot of stuff. It was a lot of feelings at the same time, I was so overwhelmed I needed to come here. I'm sorry," Minjeong sniffed. "I know I promised I wouldn't come back-"

"Don't apologize." Jimin pulled away and cleaned her eyes with her thumbs, leaving them cupping her cheeks. "I can't possibly know what you're feeling. I never went through a breakup, just one sided crushes. But... knowing what she did to you, I can only imagine that it's painful to remember the good memories. Like as if you wish things could be like that again."

And it seemed like Jimin hit the softest soft, as Minjeong burst out in loud sobs, nodding and shutting her eyes down. It was a sight that hurt Jimin beyond words, but she needed to be strong for her.

"But those don't need to be painful memories. Keep them as you remember, as good moments you spent together. I'm sure those will always be memories you will cherish, no matter what will happen to you both from now on." Jimin kept on caressing her face. "Hurting is a very important part of the healing process. Embrace every feeling, the sadness, grief, anger, and let everything out."

More tears ran down Minjeong's eyes as she hugged Jimin again, tighter than she ever did. Jimin could feel her warm tears on her neck, and at that moment, all she could do was be there for Minjeong, rubbing her back up and down and caressing her hair.

Jimin had closed her eyes, leaning her cheek against Minjeong's hair, and there they stayed until Minjeong had calmed down. But even then, they didn't let go of each other.

"You said hurting was part of the healing process," Minjeong said. Jimin hummed in response. "I think having you by my side is a big part as well."

Jimin's heart hit her chest so hard she was sure Minjeong could feel it.

"I don't know if could do it without you," Minjeong added.

"I-I'm sure you would."

"Even if I did, you... What I'm trying to say is that... Maybe if you weren't here for me during this time, it would be much harder. Because I would, like... think much more about the memories, and all the time we spent together, and would be much sadder that it's over now. But because you're here, I guess that... that I am moving on way faster."

Kiss her.

No, Jimin would be taking advantage of her fragility. And she could be misunderstanding her words. That didn't mean Minjeong loved her or something, friends help each other as well-

"I think I'm falling for you, Jimin."

Jimin held onto Minjeong's arms and pulled her away, eyes huge at her red ones.

"W-Wait, Minjeong." Jimin's heartbeat echoed in her ears. "Maybe you're just confused. You know, because of the recent breakup and all. I know I've been spending time with you, a-and helped you, I hope, but..."

Minjeong's eyes welled again. "Oh, I... totally misunderstood you, didn't I?"

Panic. The biggest, strongest feeling of panic washed over Jimin. She shook her head frenetically. "No! No, no, no, it's not that! You totally didn't! I..." Jimin gulped. No time to hesitate now. "I like you, Minjeong. I just don't want you to be confused, and maybe you don't actually like me, but because I was here during this situation, you may think you also like me, and I don't want you to be even more hurt."

Jimin took in a deep breath after her ramble.

"You done?" Minjeong asked, her lips a straight line. Jimin nodded, her cheeks growing way warmer. "And you don't think that I wondered about that already? It's all I can think about lately. That maybe I was misunderstanding your kindness with love, that maybe I was already thinking way too ahead, when in fact we met not that long ago. But what else can I do when all I do is think of you?"

There really was something about the way Minjeong put her thoughts into words that could always leave Jimin breathless. She didn't know if Minjeong was waiting for an answer, or if she was thinking about what to say next, but Jimin would take advantage of the courage that she caught from Heejin.

"Well, same. Thinking of you is all I do lately. Or, ever since I met you."

"And you didn't doubt your feelings. Why should I, then? No matter my circumstances."

"I... I did doubt them, in fact. But that's just because I didn't want to have one more one sided crush to add to my long list."

"So, despite doubting it, and maybe trying to fight it, you still... accepted that you like me."

"Yes."

"It's the same with me. Despite what happened, I... I know I like you. I know I'm not confusing my feelings with something else. One can cure a broken heart with love, right? Not just processing the bad feelings and letting time do the healing."

"I... guess you're right."

"Then... Let me heal with you."

Kiss her.

Jimin would have, if Minjeong hadn't first. She held herself up on Jimin's shoulders and pecked her lips, so light she wondered if they actually touched. But it was enough for Jimin's heart to go on a rampage and her eyes to widen in surprise.

", sorry, I should have asked first." Minjeong sighed, gripping her jacket.

"I really want to kiss you," Jimin blurted, her eyes averting to Minjeong's parted lips, and her body unconsciously getting even closer, her hands sliding down Minjeong's back.

"Then do."

But it still was Minjeong that did it again, her hands finding their place on Jimin's neck as she tip toed and made their lips touch again. Not so subtle this time, as Jimin pulled her by her lower back, wanting to be closer even, as close as physically possible.

The kiss was slow and sweet and caring, nothing like Jimin had imagined because it didn't matter how many times she dreamed about that moment, it would never compare with what she felt. Her mind blank, her heart racing, her lungs asking for air because she forgot how to breathe. More like, she forgot to breathe entirely because she was an inexperienced loser with an endless list of one sided crushes. A list where she wouldn't need to write Minjeong's name, because for the first time, it wasn't indeed one sided.

And it was like it was finally dawning on her as she pulled away. That she just kissed Minjeong. And that Minjeong liked her back.

"You know, if I found out two students were kissing in here, I would report it to the principal right away. It had happened way too many times already," Jimin said. "But I guess I will let this slide."

Minjeong smiled, scratching the roots of Jimin's hair. "You're so adorable. I don't think you realize that."

"I really don't. I find myself to be very intimidating, actually."

"You also are. I can't deny I was a bit scared of you at the beginning, when you talked to me."

Jimin chuckled. "Doesn't surprise me. I can come off very... well, scary, I know. I'm sorry. I really was super worried about you ever since you came here. You know, the crying closet was my idea. I saw students silently crying in the corners of the library way too often. I'm guilty of that myself. This small storeroom wasn't used, so as someone who works here now, I decided to turn it into this little space students can come to be alone when they need. How did you come to know about it?"

"I heard some girls talking about it in the bathrooms. And you don't need to apologize. You really just look scary, because you're the sweetest thing. I mean, this was your idea. It's so thoughtful."

Jimin smiled, looking somewhere else. "It was the first time I asked someone if they needed to talk. I promised myself I wouldn't worry about whoever came in here. That they were just dealing with their struggles. But with you, I just... couldn't."

"Thank you, Jimin. I'm happy you couldn't hold yourself back and reached out to me. I never understood why you worried so much, but now I get it."

"Because I instantly crushed on you? Yes, that is absolutely correct. I mean, how could I not? You're so beautiful, Minjeong. It just pained me so much to see you cry like that."

"You're one to talk." Minjeong smiled, caressing Jimin's cheek with her thumbs. "And you don't need to see me cry like that anymore. Now I promise for real that I won't come in here again. Unless... You want to come with me. I believe you can let it slide a few more times."

One thing Jimin wasn't and probably would never get used to, was Minjeong's sudden bluntness.

"I-I could, yes." Jimin held her chin high. "But we also don't need to be in such a small space when I have my own apartment. That I share with Heejin, but ignore that part."

Minjeong irked an eyebrow. "Did you just invite me over?"

"Did I?"

"Sounded like it. How about we go get food somewhere and go to your apartment, then? I read some more of your stories during the weekend, I wanna talk about them."

Jimin couldn't help but beam. "Sounds like a perfect plan."

---

A/N: *bawls* IT'S DONE!!!!!! :sob:

Once again, I hope you all enjoyed this short story!!! 

I might or might not have one or two more winrina I wanna write so................. who knows when I'll be back? :)))

Thank you so much for the support and for reading my stories and see you all next time! ♥♥♥

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic