Chapter 2: ungraceful awakening

Corrupted dreams

At the same time Pibby woke up something else was stirring. A small lump no bigger than a soccer ball had just woken up and its thoughts were a little less calm than Pibbys 'what kind of disgusting mortal has bring me here, it doesn't matter, I will destroy this universe like so many others' are the thoughts that ran through it. A small piece of the corruption had been teleported with Pibby but it appeared to be in some kind of jungle. 'ha , another mortal plane to destroy, no waiting army?, this will be easier than i thought'.

As the corruption thought this it tried to increase its mass like it always did but it just couldn't. 'What?' thought the corruption. 'It appears this universe is strong enough to stop instant destruction' at this thought the corruption frowned, or the equivalent of frowning for a shapeless mass which looked more like it was drooping. Its frown suddenly disappeared when it saw what appeared to be some kind of laughing bouncing berry. The corruption although knowing this was a special case also knew that no matter how strong a universe, beings inside of it were not strong enough to stop themselves becoming part of its mass, it was the rule of universes or it is as far as its seen. As the bouncing berry got closer making a noise that sounded like ''bounsweet'' the corruption lunged at it taking it into its grasp, the berry through shocked and scared eyes was able to summon a barrage of leaves to form and smash themselves at the corruption.

Though a little confused the leaves had no effect on the corruption and it was able to consume the berry easily. Once the corruption could control the body of the living plant it couldn't help but smile to itself. To any onlookers this would have been a nightmare inducing sight, a bounsweet covered with a glitched black substance with white eyes. But all the corruption could think was 'you ain't seen nothing yet universe'