Chapter 1: battle of the lost

Corrupted dreams

As Pibby was pushed into a corner by the corruption for what may be the last time all she could think was "How could I have thought we had a chance against this thing, how could we win, it's a miracle I made it this far." As Pibby backed away from the lost fight against the corruption these were the thoughts that ran through her head.

 

As the corruption watched Pibby backing away it kept adding to its mass from the battle waged against it. It had won like it was always supposed to. As the last of the fallen warriors were added to its mass it lunged at Pibby ready to end it.

As Pibby watched the corruption lunging at her with the speed of a bullet she was only just able to make out a slight shimmer in the air around her. But she didn't care at that moment, how could you when your death is actively chasing you and has you cornered. As she closed her single eye for what she thought would be the last time she waited for the pain, for the torment, for her death. But it never came. When she finally had enough courage to open her eyes what she saw wasn't the corruption, it wasn't a battlefield and it wasn't normal. What she saw was what appeared to be a tunnel made of purple, green light rushing past her at what she could only comprehend was the speed of light and yet still slow enough to see. She faced in front of her and all she could see was the light tunnel making various twists and turns. Out of the corner of her eye she saw something but before she could turn to look at it there was a blinding light. Apart from the light there was an increased amount of pressure. The pressure soon got so intense that it was too much for Pibby to bear and she was knocked out.

When Pibby woke up she was happy to see she was lying in what appeared to be a field with tall grass. As Pibby laid there enjoying the way the tall grass swayed back and forth she suddenly sat bolt upright. In a few seconds her thoughts had been thrown at her like a tornado, she had almost forgotten what had happened but now she remembered how she was suppose to be dead, the pressure must have took a toll on her mind and as she looked around more cautiously now she thought to herself ''where am I?''