Chapter 5: all caught up

Corrupted dreams

Pibby followed the sound of shouting and soon found herself watching the beach from behind some palm trees. As she watched a large crowd was shouting at something in the water. Looking beyond the crowd she saw more of the Pokemon creatures swimming around buoys and had kids hanging onto them.

Pibby realized the crowd wasn't scared or angry but were actually shouting encouraging things at the swimmers. Pibby watched and realized that she had stumbled upon a swimming race. The people seemed to not have seen the news as there were no signs of panic or stress. There was only happiness, joy and excitement. Drawing her attention to the race she saw a blue and white seal with a girl with blue hair, who were currently in the lead.

Close behind was what she could only describe as a blue sea serpent with a boy with brown hair and red band around his hands. Casting her gaze to the back of the race she found a round blue sphere with a face being pushed by a tired looking trainer with dark blue hair. The sight of the round creature being pushed was quite funny and it caused Pibby to chuckle.

Her chuckling came to an end when a voice caught her attention. They weren't coming from the crowd but from the path she was on. Looking at the voice she saw two boys, one with black hair, a red and white hat, a white and red shirt and most noticeably a yellow mouse sitting on his shoulder. The second boy had black and red hair, a gray and red shirt and a small green monkey on his shoulder.

The boys were talking excitedly until they saw Pibby. Pibby didn't run because they didn't seem to be violent. The boy with the monkey held a red phone-like device in front of him and pointed it towards Pibby. The device made a pinging noise and said with a female voice "unknown Pokemon". 'They think I'm a Pokemon! ' is what Pibby thought as she watched the boys get excited. She was about to tell them she wasn't but was interrupted by the boy with the monkey. "Well if it's new I'm gonna be the first to catch it". 'Catch it?, are they gonna put me in a cage?.' She was going to ask them but was interrupted again by the boy as he threw a red and white orb at her. She dodged it and was about to run away when he threw another one and a humanoid rabbit appeared out of thin air!

Pibby was extremely confused as of how a large rabbit the size of a human came out of a orb the size of an apple. In her confusion she almost missed the boy shouting "spyro sphere". The red and white rabbit kicked up a pebble from the ground and in a few seconds the pebble had become a flaming ball of fire. The rabbit kicked the fireball at her. Pibby jumped to the to the side to avoid it but was singed by the the fire on her leg. She crouched down to hold her leg and this time she couldn't dodge when he threw another orb at her.