2 - ENCHANTED

ENCHANTED

 

 

"Well butterfly, I don't think you should drink." 

Jaehyun didn't think that he would be jealous of Taeyong staying beside Cha Eunjo the whole night. For a reason that Taeyong is still feeling guilty. 

"I'm not your butterfly anymore, tho." 

Cha Eunjo clearly didn't listen to Taeyong. Seeing him made her heart ache, in a good way. She missed him, sure but to hear him calling her like that made her want to scream her lungs out. 

"To me, you still are." He wanted to pat her head but she avoid it by suddenly trying Jaehyun's drinks. A very bold move that she hadn't do for a while. 

And Jaehyun almost had his mouth dropped at the bold action. 

Jaehyun was listening to their conversation and it seems like there's a lot of unspoken thought around them two. And she actually sip on his straw and that is very unexpected from her. 

"Taeyong..." Yuta suddenly gave Taeyong a warning call and a little shake of his head, not to cross the line. 

"I...I'm sorry." 

"But I do agree with Taeyong tho. You shouldn't drink." 

Yuta knows his bestfriend the best. And he knows Taeyong like the back of his hands. They're not called long lost twins for nothing. 

Eunjo is his bestfriend and he understand if Eunjo wanted to be on neutral terms with Taeyong. And Taeyong is like a soulmate to him. He also understand if Taeyong chose to be around Cha Eunjo all over again. 

Except, everything had changed since that night. The night that had changed Cha Eunjo drastically. 

"It's my body. I can do whatever I want, without you telling me what I should or shouldn't do to my body." Cha Eunjo resist the temptation to rudely shut Yuta off. 

Sometimes, Yuta made her blood boils over her head. But he's her bestfriend. She don't want Yuta to take it to heart, although Yuta usually don't give a on her temper. 

He called her a feisty cub. What did she expect from the notoriously I-don't-care-you-are-my-bestfriend Yuta's personality? 

"Mind if I join you?" Another sets of voice joined her when Yuta and Taeyong scurry away for some talks with their friends. 

"I don't see any names on my forehead saying you can't."  

Jaehyun smile as he sit beside her over the couch. Few girls are trying to get his attention on playing some card games. But his attention is drawn to this girl way more than those games. The way she sat alone after Taeyong and Yuta left, made him feels like she looks way too small, in a crowd full of people. 

She didn't looks like she enjoy the party at all. It's given since she's an introvert. 

"So, mind sharing, if I ask? You don't have to if you don't want to." Jaehyun was asking about what's on her mind. 

Specifically Taeyong. 

Eunjo stayed silent. She contemplate of she should answer, because he asked that ever so politely. And she understand very well what he meant. So she decide to a bit. 

"Is there even anything to be shared?" 

Her response made Jaehyun chuckled. For some people, Cha Eunjo may seems clueless, nerdy and dumb. But sharp eyes like Jaehyun, she's very feisty. 

And he's enthralled by that. 

"Whatever floats your boats. But I would really like to be your boats tho." 

Jaehyun's counter got Eunjo's ears grow hot. Jaehyun surely know what he's doing. 

"I need Yuta to tell you that I'm immune to flirting." She downed her glass as she said that. 

Eunjo has a high tolerance to drinks but tonight seems especially bad for her when she starts seeing stars behind her eyes.

Jaehyun stayed silent as his eyes eyeing her every movement. He felt like he crossed the line because they barely know each other. 

"He was my first boyfriend. You know to that extent." Since Jaehyun knows Taeyong as a friend in his circle, Eunjo is sure that Jaehyun knows a lot about Taeyong last relationship, which is her. 

Jaehyun keep quiet. 

"If you know the reason of why we broke up, you should know that I am that pathetic to wait up for him that long." 

"Mind clearing that?" 

Jaehyun already get it, the moment she said she was Taeyong's ex girlfriend. He just wanted to talk to her. To know what was on her mind and understand her better. But now that she had spoken up, he kinda regret it. He saw a loyalty and kindness that he didn't saw anywhere else. He saw a broken heart in her and she seems like she needs a big hug at the moment. 

He secretly wanted to give her that big hug. 

"Why do we talk about me, when we can talk about you? Lady's eyes are on you, boy." 

Jaehyun knows. He's well known among the girls because of his good looks. He knows, he's handsome. He received a lot of gifts everyday and there's not a day that he didn't receive a love letter. He don't really care as he's not interested. He usually give back the present or love letter. He would rather reject them than giving them a false hope. He's always been honest about his feelings. Some would actually hate him for that. 

But he is really drawn to Cha Eunjo, the first time he saw her. At the hospital. The way that she didn't even look at him made him wonder if she hadn't seen his face before. She always looking on the ground and it made him wanted her to look up at him. 

"I think you misunderstood something because of the way Yuta had introduced me before. I'm not a player like how he described. I don't -" 

"I know." Eunjo cut him off, making Jaehyun awkwardly stare at her. 

In his mind, Jaehyun wanted to slap himself at how awkward it was for him. And he cursed himself for being awkward because he had never been awkward around girls. So why is it awkward for him to speak to her?

 

*** 

 

"The more you talk to her, the more you gonna find her attractive and shining." A voice that Jaehyun recognise as Taeyong's interrupt. 

Cha Eunjo is finally asleep after battling with her dizziness. Jaehyun had cover her with his jacket. A sight that made Taeyong gulping guiltily. 

"I was at wrong. I shouldn't do that to her." Taeyong sat in front of them. 

Taeyong has his eyes on the sleeping face that he missed so much. He regret that he made her that way. 

"I don't know why she decided to wait for you when you didn't even gave her the closure of goodbye back then." Jaehyun didn't feel wrong to say that to Taeyong. 

In fact, he's mad that Taeyong actually dare to do that to Cha Eunjo. He never met Eunjo back then but he knew the story to the break up since that is the only relationship that Taeyong had been in. 

He's mad that Taeyong had the gut to let Cha Eunjo wait for him, almost three years, after a year of peaceful relationship. He didn't know why would Taeyong do that to her. 

"I was at wrong. I know. I shouldn't do that to her. The ragging blooded teenager in me wanted to be a bad guy for once. And I successfully being one by hurting someone that I love." Taeyong wanted to touch her head but Jaehyun is quick to slap his hand away. 

"I don't think you should touch her." 

"What gives you the right to say so?" Taeyong felt overwhelmed that Jaehyun actually trying to hold him back from touching Eunjo. 

"As for now, I don't think she want you to touch her." 

Taeyong was reminded by how Eunjo had avoid his touch. The sight of her drinking from Jaehyun's glass made his chest tightened. 

"You like her, don't you?" Taeyong's short question was replied by a small laugh from Jaehyun. 

"I think it's too early to say that. But I am curious about her. Even if I like her, it has nothing to do with you."

Jaehyun lift her legs to put it on his thigh, making her position more comfortable as he moved her body to lay on her back. 

"She was mine." 

"Was. She was yours. Still, you have no right to say that actually. After what you had done to her. If I am her boyfriend, I would make sure that she's smiling every second we are together. You know what, I regret that I never met her that December. If I met her that December, I would asked her to just broke up with you." 

Jaehyun finally said his piece as he slowly rise from his seat. He contemplate if he should bring the sleeping Cha Eunjo into Yuta's room because the living room is way too crowded for her to sleep in. He give in as he carefully carried her in his arms. 

As they left the living room, Taeyong can only watch with guilt and apologetic looks. 

"I'm sorry, butterfly. I'll let you go now. Fly as high as you want now." He muttered. 

Meanwhile, Jaehyun is hoping that he could boil his ears in front of Yuta's room when he heard loud moans inside. 

"This motherer." He sigh as he look down on Cha Eunjo's sleeping face. 

"I'm sorry, but I don't have any other choice, Snaggle-tooth." 

He carefully walk into his room and gently put her down on his bed. He closed his door after and lean on his door for a moment, rubbing his face.

He looked over how peacefully Cha Eunjo is sleeping on his bed. The bed that no other woman has ever sleep on. The room that he had never brought any woman in. He sigh again as he walked towards her, crouching beside the bed and fixing the blankets over her body. His finger fixing her hair when she turn her body toward him, making her cheek lay flat on his palm. 

"I do like you. But, will you like me back if I say that, Snaggle-tooth?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Heyyooo...I'm back for a moment.🤭 These few months had been busy for me. I am going to travel for a while. For people who read my stories, I'm sorry. I need to regain my spirits and loves for writing. I need it so so much. So, see you guys later.😘