1 - ENCHANTED

ENCHANTED

 

"I have a name in mind!" 

Cha Eunjo give her friend a confused looks. 

"And why are we doing this again?" 

"To find a matching blood type of course!" Yuta roaring in frustration as Cha Eunjo didn't seems to be interested at all. 

"And why does blood type important for a date? All I know is that it could help you only in a dangerous situation." 

Eunjo shook her head as she smiled at him. Yuta grab the coffee cup from the vending machine, giving one to her. 

Cha Eunjo sipping on her hot coffee in one shot is something that Nakamoto Yuta can't even begin to brain. He wonder if her tongue and throat is made of a molten lava. 

"You don't know how important it is these days. You could bleed and die before your very dates and he should be able to help you if he knows your blood type. Especially for you O-negative's blooded." Yuta deadpanned. 

"Touché but I don't think I would even accept a date from anyone anytime soon, dude." 

Eunjo made her way out to the hospital lobby as she wait for the elevator. She wanted to discard the empty cup to the nearest bin. She was scanning around the lobby, when her eyes met with one fine man, standing before the elevator that Yuta and her had been waiting for. 

Her eyes stayed on him as she heard someone called his name. 

"Jung Jaehyun!" 

And it's Yuta, sprinting past her to give that man a big hug. 

Her eyes scanning the interactions. Her mind processing them as friends. She didn't think that Nakamoto Yuta would drag her to be introduced to that gorgeous man. 

One hell of a gorgeous man. 

"Meet my introvert bestfriend, Cha Eunjo. And this player here, is Jung Jaehyun." 

Jaehyun wanted to kick Yuta over to the moon at the way he introduced him to his friend. 

"And you ask me why am I single when you goes around introducing me to every woman like that." Jaehyun can't even hide his disappointed but not surprised face. 

It's Yuta, what did he expect? 

"He introduced me already. And so are you. Where you two going?" Jaehyun tried to act fool when she avoid his eyes, clearly awkward. 

"I was making her have her regular blood check-up. Who knows she gonna die in instant-..aww! That hurts!" 

Eunjo kicked behind his knees when Yuta blabber a little bit too much about her to his newly known guy friend. 

"What? It's true! Or else your blood is gonna be too low and I would end up carrying you to the emergency room again." 

"Are you anaemic?" 

Jaehyun tried asking but the said girl just nod before keeping her eyes on the floor. A things that she seems to do a lot. 

"She's just having her regular blood check-up. We're going up for her result. What are you doing here?" Yuta found himself curious to what Jaehyun is doing at the hospital. 

"I'm fetching Haechan's medicine. He finished his medicine." Jaehyun answered, eyes never leaving Cha Eunjo. 

"That kid is still on meds? I thought he's fine last month." Yuta playfully put his arm on Eunjo's shoulder, making the latter pinch his rib. 

"Don't do that." Eunjo glare at him as they enter the elevator, along with Jaehyun. 

Eunjo feel so awkward standing in between Yuta and Jaehyun. Yuta seems too relaxed after introducing basically a new face to Eunjo, which making Eunjo wanted to push Yuta down the hospital building. 

Arriving on their respective floor, they bid each other goodbye, before Yuta ditch Eunjo to go with Jaehyun. 

"What a nice friend I have here." Eunjo sigh as she walk to the lab to get her result. 

"I have a blood test result for Cha Eunjo." 

 

***

 

She walked over the desk and the nurse politely asked her to sit down. 

"Eunjo, your blood is still a bit too low. You gotta change your diet. Please, no coffee." 

Eunjo can only laugh when the nurse sounds exasperated, knowing her intake on caffeine is uncontrollable. 

Done with her result, she decide to walk down to the lobby, only to meet Jaehyun inside the elevator. She almost didn't get in when people behind her was rushing with few heavy boxes in their arm. 

"Come here." 

Jaehyun caught her arm to pull her in front of him, making sure she's not squeezed between people that seems very suddenly packed in the elevator. 

Making Eunjo end up standing in front of Jaehyun, with his hands on her shoulder, holding her. 

"I'm sorry for the hassle but can you move a little bit more?" 

A woman holding a child had to ask Eunjo, in which she politely gave the woman her way by instinctively moving closer, right into Jaehyun's arms. 

And boy, was it awkward? Cha Eunjo didn't actually thought that she would feel comfortable right in someone's arms, especially a stranger that happen to be a friend to her bestfriend. 

She didn't feel uncomfortable, weirdly. It's just a little stuffy because it's crowded. 

While Jaehyun didn't think that he would be awkward around a girl. He looked down on Eunjo and she seems to be in dazed. He smiled a bit when he saw her eyes wandering. He found her to be interesting. 

Cha Eunjo is pretty. Well, in his eyes, she is. He's actually surprised that Yuta actually has a girl friend that he didn't know. Yuta is notorious for being a social butterfly. 

But someone like Cha Eunjo in Yuta's circle is very rare. Yuta usually goes for the party animals kind of friends and the loud one like Johnny, Ten and Haechan. An introvert like Cha Eunjo was never in his circle, which is why he is curious. 

"I guess you could let me go now." 

Eunjo's small voice snapped him out of his trance. He awkwardly let her stand over the corner to make sure she didn't squeezed by other people in there. 

"Where's Yuta?" 

"I thought he was with you?" Jaehyun look over her carefully as she looking straight on the floor, like it was the best things to look at. 

"That idiot..." Cha Eunjo cursed on her bestfriend under her breath, "He ditched me again." 

Apparently it was loud enough for Jaehyun and he chuckled lightly, knowing that Yuta didn't only ditch him most of the time. His beautiful bestfriend seems to deal with that antic of his, quite a lot. 

"So, where are you going after this?" Jaehyun asked as they got out of the elevator, right on the same lobby they met before. 

"Going back to my dorm." 

"Are you a student?" Jaehyun politely asked before they walked out the main entrance. 

Not exactly together. Just Jaehyun tailing beside her because he still wanted to talk to her. 

"Yes." 

That short answer got Jaehyun muted for a while. It was never awkward for him to strike up a conversation with people before but why, in front of Cha Eunjo, he turned like a mute Chihuahua? 

"Umm, do you mind me escorting you back? Since we're going the same way anyway. I believe, you study in our campus just not the same department." 

Jaehyun found himself smiling at the sight of her biting her lips, contemplating and sneaking a nervous glance to his face. Looking up a few times like that making her looks like she had do wrong to him. 

Did he make her nervous? 

"Since Yuta ditched me..." 

"You meant us." Jaehyun slips a little correction, making her chuckled a bit. 

"Since he ditched us, I guess it's fine. We're walking the same way anyway." 

The whole time they walked back, Cha Eunjo's mind is filled with Jaehyun. Her mind keep warning her to not look at him or made any eye contact. Because she can feel his eyes always going to her and she felt like she was stripped in front of him. 

When they arrived in front of her dorm, she dashed inside after a small thank you and good night. Leaving Jaehyun frozen by the gates, clearly confused. 

"Good...night?" 

*** 

 

Cha Eunjo was walking to the cafeteria, finding for Yuta that is nowhwere to be seen. She was tired now after her class the whole morning. Plus her hunger is killing her. It's almost 2 o'clock. Understandable if she feel like killing everything that annoys her on the way. 

Unbeknowest to her, a pair of eyes watching her from a far. 

He watch her intently. He somehow fascinated by her. Is it her smile, that revealing a set of dimples? Or is it her fangs that made her look cute. She hadn't realize that he is watching her. 

Or she's good at pretending. 

"What are you looking at?" His friend nudge him. 

Yuta followed where his eye line was. He smiled teasingly. 

"You're looking at the one wearing black from head to toe, didn't you? Well, go on. Talk to her." 

"In case you hadn't realize, she was awkward around me the first time we met." Jaehyun state the obvious.

Jaehyun didn't want to be seen as a push over. He wanted to be close with her naturally. He wanted her to be comfortable around him. 

"Cha Eunjo!" 

At that very moment, Jaehyun wanted to kick Yuta on his chest for calling the said girl out loud. 

"Who are you?" 

Yuta sneered at Jaehyun's attempt on disowning him. He's trying to be a Cupid here and Jaehyun is declining the golden offer. And he's not going to give up on his friend sad love life! 

"Thank me later!" Yuta winked as Jaehyun rolled his eyes, annoyed. 

"Hey." Eunjo came to them, albeit looking like the devil her soul. 

"Wanna join us? Our dorm are having a dinner party. Your dorm are pretty much filled with those nerds, you have no reason to decline." Yuta sassily flipped his still shorter than Eunjo's hair. 

"I have a date." Eunjo deadpanned. 

"With who?"

Eunjo isn't fazed with Yuta's reaction because he knows that she never going out as in dating. 

But Jaehyun. What is that reaction? She didn't want to jump into conclusion. He probably curious because they met once. So Yuta must've told him something. 

"A senior." 

"I don't want to be a witch but let me guess. Qian Kun?" 

Jaehyun took his shot nervously. It's now, or never. 

"How did you know that?" Eunjo look amazed before her expression turn shy, again. 

"Well, Kun is a total sweetheart. He asked for a date from anyone he want to be close to..." 

"But he never date them because he's an extrovert who work hard to be the breadwinner to his little brother." Yuta cut Jaehyun off. 

"I don't mind. He's pretty nice to me." 

Eunjo's words made Jaehyun waver a little. Yuta can see from the side that Jaehyun looks like a candle that just been blown off. 

Yuta wanted to glare at Eunjo but she was busy looking down at her shoes, wiggling her legs like constipated worm. 

"It didn't hurt to turn him down. And you want to turn me down for him? Your bestfriend?" Yuta playing his bestfriend card that always made Eunjo gave him her best glare which she is now making. 

"But he's really nice to me." 

"And I'm not nice to you? Tell him your cat died or anything." 

"You want me to lie when I can't even lie to save myself." 

Eunjo deadpanned and the way Yuta nodded made her sigh. 

"I'll just postpone our date. I don't want to hurt him." 

At her answer, Jaehyun pretty much relieved, although his heart felt heavy at the thought that when the times come, she would still goes to her postponed date with Kun.  

"Great! I'll have Jaehyun fetch you up. Me, is gonna be hella busy this evening. So, I need you to stick to someone that I can trust." Yuta smoothly dodging Jaehyun's glare. 

Is he trying to set him with Eunjo or trying to ruin his chance to be close with her? Jaehyun is grateful that Yuta had made it easy for him but that motherer didn't even think about how Cha Eunjo will take it. 

"If you trust them enough, then I'll keep my mind on that." 

Surprisingly, Eunjo didn't look through it too much. Which made Yuta confused because Cha Eunjo isn't really fond of new people. 

"Fantastic! See you tonight, worm!" Yuta bade her goodbye and Eunjo finally done with him as she cursed at him. 

". I'm not a worm!" 

 

*** 

 

Eunjo bid her nerdy dorm mates as Yuta adress them. 

"Will you be back late? You have your keys with you?" 

One of her dorm mates asked, ever so politely. 

"I do. But if it's too late, I might stay with Yuta." 

"Are you two dating?" 

"That idiot? Never. He didn't even see me that way." Eunjo chuckled. 

"But he's kinda hot, right?" Her roomates giggle as she closed her study lamp. 

"He is but apparently I'm not his taste. He prefer someone who could make him go wild. Which I am not one. And I never saw him like that. Although...his friend is my type." Eunjo muttered. 

"Oh wow. Would you look at that? Cha Eunjo actually has a type." 

Eunjo rolled her eyes as she slammed the door close when her friend evil cackle echoing the room. 

Eunjo had forgotten that Yuta had asked Jaehyun to fetch her. Which is why she was surprised to see Jaehyun leaning over the wall outside her dorm. She prayed that Jaehyun didn't hear what she and her friend had talked about. 

"Hey." Jaehyun stood straight as he saw her staring at him like some weird creature. 

Jaehyun is so tempted to comment on her stoic and expressionless face whenever she is around him. She never really smile around him but somehow he got to see that when she was around her friend circle. 

"Sorry. I forgot that Yuta asked you to fetch me. I could've just go alone." 

Eunjo felt like being honest with him for that. Because Jaehyun looks awkward now. 

"It's okay. He asked for a favor, and he trust me enough to bring you there, I believe." Jaehyun smile and Eunjo can feel her neck getting warm at the sight of his dimples. 

"If he trust you, then I'm fine with it. What was he doing tho?" 

"He's one of the council team, so yeah. He's running errand somewhere." 

Eunjo walks with him in silence after that. It wasn't really far between their dorm. It's a 10 minutes walk. Yuta just love exaggerating things. Her bubbles are blown off when Jaehyun asked her a question she never thought he would ask. 

"What about you and Kun?" 

"What about it?"

"Like, how did you know each other and so on." Jaehyun felt like shooting himself for asking that question. 

"Well, he's a senior. And he ask for a date. I'm not declining." Eunjo shrugged like it's nothing, which it really is to her. 

"You seems to like black." 

Jaehyun had notice that she wore black clothing a lot. The last time they met at the hospital, she also wore black. And this afternoon. She wore everything black, from head to toe. 

"I guess. It's easier to not get headache from choosing one too many clothes." 

After that, silence. 

Jaehyun is almost running out of topic to talk to her. And she looks way too comfortable not talking. That, until Eunjo almost hit a lamp post. And Jaehyun quickly pulled her towards him. 

"Hey, you okay?" His little chuckle made Eunjo embarrasedly lowered her head with a shy smile. 

"I-I'm fine." 

"Something in mind? You look distracted." 

"O-oh. It's just..Yuta. I'm thinking of Yuta." Lie. 

She was thinking about Jaehyun. She was thinking how deep his voice is that it made her heart racing. Like how good he smells. He smells like a sandalwood. Very musky too. His dimples made her wanted to touch his cheek. 

"Well, he's an idiot but I think I could live with him being like that." 

"Rather than being Taeyong, whose always missing like a Chipsmore." She continued. 

"Wait, you know Taeyong?" Jaehyun amazed that Cha Eunjo seems to know a lot of people, despite Yuta telling him that she's an introvert and not so much of a social butterfly. 

"People tend to forget that Taeyong has a way with people. Taeyong is Yuta's long lost twins. They're like brothers." 

Eunjo tried to act as calm as possible after her crazy thought of Jaehyun. On how good he sme- 

"You like Taeyong, didn't you?" Her thought is cut off. 

Jaehyun can see it in her eyes that Taeyong hold a special place in her heart, except he's not sure where. And it made his heart waver. It looks like it's not only him who find her attractive. 

"Not that way." Eunjo smiled nostalgicly before continuing, "He was my first boyfriend." 

At that, Jaehyun stop walking, right in front of their dorm gate. And Cha Eunjo made her way through the gates, charming her ways towards few famous faces to her. Leaving Jaehyun dumbstrucked. 

"Taeyong only had one girlfriend before. So, Cha Eunjo is his butterfly?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hey guys. I'm back for something that I had contemplate for so long. Considering I had so many on going stories and I had yet had any inspirations and spirit to continue writing.