3 - ENCHANTED

ENCHANTED

 

 

She woke up with her head pounding. The room is spinning when she tried to sit down. 

"You better lay on your back. I didn't know you're a lightweight." 

A voice that she considered she know very well, said from the door. Jaehyun stood by the door with his freshly showered self. His wet hair gave it. 

"I'm not a lightweight. I just want to get wasted." Eunjo reasoned but Jaehyun is not having it. 

"Which is why you're in my bed, sleeping soundly. And I think I almost punch a man who tried to get to you last night." Eunjo might never know it, but the man he want to punch was Taeyong. 

"Where's Yuta?"

"You didn't want to ask that now, do you?" Jaehyun walked closer to her. 

Cha Eunjo look at him weirdly before she got what he meant. 

"That idiot. Gross!" 

Silent. 

Cha Eunjo avoid his eyes and she internally screaming for him to not look at her like that. And whatever happened last night was not in her plan. And she didn't expect that Jaehyun would bring her into his room! Cha Eunjo secretly wanted to kill herself for being too reckless around men. 

Jaehyun is fascinated that she looks quite different this morning. Whatever it is, she looks stunning to him. And the sight of her on his bed is an image that he will have a hard time erasing from his mind. 

His mind going back to his conversation with Taeyong. What if, just what if he had met Cha Eunjo that December a year ago? Because Taeyong had asked Jaehyun to meet her together, but Jaehyun said he didn't have the heart to see a heartbroken face of a woman. Simply caused by a man who can't even treat her right. How he wished he had seen her back then. Because he was sure as hell, he would took her away from Taeyong. 

"Ahem...mind showing me the way to the kitchen? I'm hungry." 

Jaehyun was snapped into reality and awkwardly walking her out of his room, down to the kitchen. They're walking through the living room and bodies sprawled everywhere. The rooms are reeks of alcohol and Cha Eunjo wanted to puke at the smell. 

"I need something to clear my head." 

Eunjo fisted the back of Jaehyun's shirt when her head making a scene. Jaehyun hide his smile when he felt her small fingers on his back. 

"Yuta might kill me if he knows that you were sleeping in my room." 

"This is not the time to talk about that but I believe I would rather sleep in your room, rather than sleeping in his and saw something that I shouldn't. And I think before he kill you, I will kill him first. Then again, thanks." Her voice turning low and Jaehyun smiled at how she had her head hanging low, muttering the last word. 

"I'm sorry. About Taeyong." 

Eunjo froze but quickly recover as she gulped down a glass of lemon juice that he prepared for her. 

"Why are you apologising for something that isn't your fault?" Her question made Jaehyun mute. 

"Things happened and I don't want to talk about it. We're over it a long time ago. I'm not interested-..." 

"But Taeyong is interested. You heard him last night. You got the closure you wanted. You let go, sure. But how sure are you that he is over you?" 

Jaehyun's blunt question got her thinking. She hate how Jaehyun hit her right on her sore spot. 

"Even if he is interested, I don't. Clapping your hand one sided won't make any sound. It won't spark. I'm done waiting for someone that would break my heart. Whatever the reason was, I deserve better." 

The way Cha Eunjo said those words made Jaehyun somehow proud. Proud that she knows that she deserve better and worth someone that would treasure her for life. And it made him thinking, could he ever be that one person. 

So he tried to hit it. Obviously. 

"Will I ever be one of the better for you?" 

The nature loves messing with Cha Eunjo when her stomach grumble with hunger that had been kicking in since she open her eyes. It's embarassing her so much that she can't even lift her head. Adding to the embarassment is Jaehyun's little laugh. 

"Seems like your stomach love me a little bit more than you." 

While Cha Eunjo thought that it was embarassing, Jaehyun had another idea in his cheeky little mind. Why not using this little opportunity to get her attention? He could get her attention with food. 

"What do you want to eat?" 

"Whatever that could cease my hunger, please." Cha Eunjo rummage through their fridge and somehow got her hands on a peanut blueberry jam and a bread. 

"You love that?" 

"Not really but it's better than nothing. I like eating light breakfast but sometimes I like it heavy. Depends on my mood." 

Jaehyun watched her spreading the peanut on her bread. She does eat a lot, from what he heard from Yuta. 

"Will you like some noodle soup?" 

"Would you make it for me?" Cha Eunjo's eyes lighting up at the noodle soup words. 

"If you want it, why not?" 

"Really? I want it!" 

Cha Eunjo is really excited that for the first time ever, she actually made eye contact with Jaehyun. And Jaehyun froze at the way they made eye contact. Her eyes looks so shiny that he didn't remember seeing her eyes being that pretty. 

"Morning idiots." 

Yuta's voice from the stairs startling them both, mainly Jaehyun. Why is it when he's with her, there's always something or someone interrupting? 

"Don't come close to me! You haven't shower don't you?" Cha Eunjo moved away from the table when Yuta grinning, walking towards her. 

"Why can't I? You love me don't you?" 

"I said don't!" 

Eunjo made herself comfortable hiding behind Jaehyun's robust build. She long realize that Jaehyun is a tough guy with a body that she knows better than Yuta. But hiding behind him like this make her feel safe. And somehow warm. 

Jaehyun smiled when Eunjo hid behind him. His eyes went back to Yuta, and that idiot actually made an eye contact with him, giving a sign that he knows pretty well. Practically teasing him on how close he had gotten with Cha Eunjo. Jaehyun wanted to throw the kitchen knife at his bestfriend for not knowing to shut up at a critical moment. 

"I heard you're making noodle soup. Make me me some too. My head is banging like crazy." Yuta sat on the kitchen counter after he's done teasing Eunjo. 

"Make your own. My offer is only available for Cha Eunjo, not Nakamoto Yuta." Jaehyun sneer when Yuta gave him a middle finger. 

"I can be Cha Eunjo too. Jung Jaehyun, can I have a noodle soup?" Yuta speak in a girly voice and a high pitched tone. 

"When did I talk like that? And I didn't asked him that! He offered!" 

Eunjo throw him a napkin. Didn't dare to come close after knowing his last night activity. 

"Would you look at that? Cha Eunjo dare throw me a napkin! From afar at that. She didn't want to hug me. Oh Mama, what do I do?" Yuta fake cries, wiping the imaginary tears on his eyes. 

"If you showered, I probably considered hugging you. But you haven't. Who knows what germ there is on you that could get to me." Cha Eunjo helps Jaehyun washing the noodles, being really careful, afraid that Yuta would come close to her. 

It's not that she's disgusted but the image of Yuta doing that and haven't showering making her grimace. She's a little on the clean freak side so she can't stand someone or something that hadn't been clean yet. 

"Yeah yeah. I know I'm dirty. Then clean me up!" Jaehyun stop chopping the onions when Yuta said that. 

He turn around with knife in hands, gritting his teeth, he said to Yuta. 

"Want me to do that to you?" 

Yuta gave Jaehyun a nervous smile as he walk sideways, out of the kitchen, knowing that Jaehyun is finally annoyed that he kept teasing Eunjo. 

"Hee...I guess no! I can shower myself." 

 

*** 

 

Jaehyun is having another thought on Cha Eunjo pleading looks to help her refusing Taeyong's invitation after Yuta had refused to do so for her. 

"What is he inviting you for?" A jealousy cannot be shown right now. 

"He invited for a lunch but I don't want to. That idiot Nakamoto Yuta had refused to help me refuse that invitation." She sulked, a thing she never did in front of anyone but Yuta. 

"He still hoping for you, isn't he?" Jaehyun hope that his voice that dropped a few octave won't give away his jealousy. 

"I don't know and I don't want to know at all. We are over a while ago. Why is he doing this?" Eunjo almost wanted to hit her forehead on the wall. 

"And what do I get from it?" 

"Huh?" 

"What do I get if I help you refuse his invitation?" 

Jaehyun raise his eyebrows to the pretty face in front of him. Cha Eunjo looks pretty desperate at the moment. Almost looking angry, except she just thinking. 

After their awkward interaction last week, they somehow got closer with each other. And Yuta had been missing a lot, trying to let the two bond. Never miss a chance on teasing Jaehyun in the dorm whenever Eunjo called him, asking if he wants anything from a food place that she was going. 

Eventhough they seem closer, Jaehyun didn't feel so. Because Cha Eunjo is quite hard to catch. She's like a dove. You can watch, but you can't touch her. Not that easy. Sure. Cha Eunjo had gotten a lot closer with him but there's still a wall that she build that he can't seem to break through. 

"I can give you a hand if you need my help later." Jaehyun snapped out of his trance. 

Eunjo can't think of anything to offer to Jaehyun at the moment. Her mind is pretty much jumbled on how to refused Taeyong's invitation. 

"I don't think I need any of your help." 

"Are you saying that I should accept that offer?" Her uneasy tone made Jaehyun smile as he sit on the railings in front of her. 

"I think why not? You don't have any feelings for him anymore, didn't you?" 

"I don't."

"Rationaly, there's no reason why you should refuse his invitation." Jaehyun decide to leave aside his personal feelings and opinion when we talk about rational. 

"This is not about rationality. I don't want to talk about anything that would remind me of our past. I have a hard time moving on from him." Eunjo lowered her head. 

"I didn't say you should go alone." 

"Then, should I bring that Nakamoto idiot Yuta? That idiot even refuse to help me, what makes you think that he would go with me?" Cha Eunjo almost wanted to jump from the railings. 

That seems to solve everything at the moment. 

"Did I mention anyone? You can bring anyone that you think could help you..." 

"Perfect! Let's go!" 

Eunjo cut him off before grabbing his arm, dragging him with her. Jaehyun is in daze. He is happy that Eunjo actually initiated a skinship but nope! He didn't want to go with her to Taeyong's lunch invitation! His green monster is lurking and it's not good to anyone! 

"Wait! I didn't say it should be me!" Jaehyun struggle to let go of his hand in her grip. 

"And it's not Yuta either," she deadpanned. 

"Why tho? You could ask anyone else but why me?" Jaehyun finally stop struggling and following her step towards the ground floor. 

"I can't think right now so you better don't ask." 

And that was how Cha Eunjo and Jung Jaehyun awkwardly sat in front of Taeyong that afternoon, alongside the traitor Nakamoto Yuta. The latter just savagely flaunting his long red hair, making Cha Eunjo wanted to punch him in the face. 

"Why are you here?" Taeyong was weirded out as to why Jaehyun was there too. 

"Accompanying a snaggle-tooth that thinks she would be skewered if she came alone." 

Jaehyun was just messing around but Cha Eunjo thought that he was saying she's a coward. She pinch his thigh under the table and Jaehyun winced as he grab her fingers, rubbing his abused thigh. 

"When did you two get too close?" Taeyong had an idea that they've been close since the party but knowing Eunjo, he never thought that she would want to be close with Jaehyun. 

While he knows that Jaehyun likes her. 

"It's none of your business, who I got close with." 

One sentence that made Taeyong smile apologetically. A reminder of who he is to her at the moment. 

"Order up. Yuta is treating." Taeyong smack Yuta on the back and the latter froze. 

"When did I said I'm treating?" 

Jaehyun stood up, ready to take his order when he asked Eunjo. 

"What do you want to eat?" 

"I can take it myself." 

"And so do I. Hurry up, snaggle-tooth." Eunjo wanted to kick him at the nickname. 

"Don't call me snaggle-tooth! And I'm not hungry!" 

"Come on. I was joking." Jaehyun cover up his smile, afraid that eagle eyed Yuta would say anything. 

"Just order anything." Eunjo wanted to dunk herself in an ice bucket when she realise the way Taeyong had been watching her. 

"You sure?" Jaehyun double asked without making eye contact with two other people that is watching them. 

"Just that." 

Cha Eunjo can't think of anything at the moment when Taeyong keep on looking at them two. She felt like being an ostrich and dunk her head deep in the ground. She felt really uncomfortable. 

"Let's make our order too." 

Eunjo is thankful that Yuta seems to realise that she's uncomfortable with Taeyong keep looking at her. Yuta's wink towards her made her smile, knowing that Yuta realise it all along. 

Eunjo sat on the table with her head jumbling on everything, trying to keep calm. She can keep calm last time they met so why can't now? It was pretty much because of her conversation with Jaehyun that morning. Taeyong still likes her. That was what she got but she was sure after their conversation that she didn't feel a thing for Taeyong. Sure, she was hurt but Taeyong didn't seems like he would hurt her again. 

"He did hurt you, and will hurt you again. Don't be such a fool." Eunjo mumbled. 

"If you ever thought of going back with that , I would kill him." Yuta put his tray on the table when he heard her mumbling by herself. 

Eunjo startled. She looked up to see Yuta folding his arms, looking at her, dead serious. 

"I'm not. I'm trying to calm myself here. I told you, I don't want to see him. I asked for your help and you refused." 

"Get over it, Cha. It's been a year." Yuta's eyes wandering towards Taeyong who still waiting for his food. And he's eyeing how Jaehyun had walked closer to their table

"I know. I already over it. I just don't want to see him. Why can't you understand that?" Eunjo really hate it when Yuta does this kind of thing. 

"Then here you are. With Jaehyun at that. You both are over. But I see you starting again." Yuta smile because he knows Jaehyun could heard him as he walked from the counter. 

Jaehyun understand. But a part of him is scared to say anything. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Not with Taeyong, that I could assure." Yuta gobble on his food after assuring. 

Not Cha Eunjo, but Jung Jaehyun. And Jaehyun didn't think that for once, his heart would skip a beat for a woman that he just get to know. 

 

*** 

 

"Can I send you back, butterfly?" Taeyong's little question got everyone silent by the door. 

Yuta carefully asses her body language, that clearly refusing. Then, he look over at Jaehyun. He looks pretty normal except he seems annoyed when Eunjo seems to be thinking of that offer. Yuta smile, knowing that Jaehyun seems to really like her. In a way that he had never seen before. 

"Listen here. For the last time, I am not your butterfly. Not anymore. We're over. It's been a long while, and I don't want you to keep calling me like that. Keep it to yourself if you want to. Don't go around calling me because who knows what your future girlfriend would think of me. And I believe, I have few people that could always send me back, body and heart, one piece." 

Cha Eunjo said in on breathe, not giving Taeyong any chance to cut her off. Taeyong wanted to speak but Eunjo hold her palm up, signing she's not done yet. 

"If you wanted to apologise, I already forgave you. A long time ago. You did apologise to me. Meeting you, was a coincidence. Loving you, was a destiny. Breaking up with you, was a fate. And I accept everything calmly, thinking that God wanted the best for me. I'm sorry. But I don't think we will ever have a chance together, again." 

"At least let me send you back." Taeyong isn't Taeyong if he give up now but her next sentence got his heart stop trying. 

"I never said this to anyone. If I'm drunk somewhere, Jaehyun is the only one that I would trust to bring me back in one piece. And he had done it twice. I used to trust you, but you broke it." 

Eunjo walked away, with Jaehyun in tow. Afraid that Cha Eunjo would do something stupid. Yuta sigh, looking over Jaehyun and Eunjo walking towards the streets. Cha Eunjo looks mad and Jaehyun is finally walking in front of her, holding her wrist. Eunjo seems to be down but Jaehyun dragged her with him, bringing her wherever he wanted to. 

"That's high, coming from Cha Eunjo." Yuta said silently. 

Taeyong stilled. He should let her go now. He hurt her before, and now he received the same from her. Except it doubled. 

"I won't defend you. Because you were clearly wrong. Cha Eunjo was a good girl. A very nice girl. You broke her, making her like this now. And I don't mind if she open up to Jaehyun. She deserve someone that care about her wellbeing. Someone that would make her a good hangover noodle soup everytime she's having her moment. She deserve better." Taeyong's head was hanging low when Yuta said that. 

"But it doesn't mean you are bad of a friend." Yuta put his arm on his shoulder, comforting Taeyong. 

"You might be a bad boyfriend, but you are a good friend of mine. People didn't call us long lost twins for nothing, didn't we?" 

Taeyong look over his friend, smiling as he lightly punch his shoulder. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Heyyyoooo... I've been missing for such a long time. I'm actually under a seminar for work last few weeks and I've been busy preparing for my new job, starting this September. I know, not many people tuning in my story but I still hope someone would leave me some comments so I know what and how should I manage my story and plot. 

Thank you for even reading.🌻