Chapter 12

365 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongkook was having his lunch with Byul and Haha but he was not even touching his food. He was in dazed while the two aren't even talking. Haha was swirling his pasta when his phone vibrates.
He excused himself and answer the phone. 
"Hello?" he answered,
"Yes. Yes. Okay. Thank you." He replied and hang up. He went back to his sit to rely the message he received to Jongkook.
"We got confirmation." Haha told Jongkook whispering, "he's on the island with him. Everything is ready. He's waitimg for the green light."
"I know what to do in this kind of situation." Jongkook replied and Haha responded with a nod, "We can't be compared to this scum."
"You know you can rely on--" Haha wa cut off by Byul who was just listening to their conversation.
"Hey!" Byul intervene.
"-on yourself." Haha continued.
"I'm here to if you haven't noticed. And if you are talking about Jihyo, I want to know everything, you understand?" Byul said to the two man.
"Yeobeo, we're trying to do business-" Haha tried to calm her
"Don't 'Yeobo' me. Jihyo is ing gone. And you are talking about business?" Byul replied now in tears and walk out from the area.
Haha tried to catch up to her but Jongkook stopped him.
"Sit down." He instructed Haha. Haha just followed through his orders as he also think to make Byul have her own time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other side, Jihyo was peacefully sleeping when she heard a noise outside.
She hurriedly stood up from the bed and saw outside that Insung was fighting with a man. Shocked by the events she ran out to catch up with Insung but after running out she saw that the man already passed out.
Jihyo turn back and was quite scared but Insung approached and comforted her.
"You killed him?" She asked, scared and shocked at the same time.
"Unfortunately not. He will be fine, for now." Insung reassured her and hug her.

The next morning, Jihyo was looking at the vast ocean, thinking through all the things that she had encountered for the past few days. First was on how Jongkook cheated on her, second on meeting Insung, and about last night's event when an intruder tried to break in. Will that man try to kidnap her, or was it part of Jongkook's allies or enemies? She was not quite sure, that's why she was so dazed and confused. She went back to the place that Insung brought her just in front of the beach. It's a cozy open house with a terrace that serves as the dining and living area overlooking the ocean.

Minutes later, Insung went out with food in hand.
"Are you okay?" he asked.
"What happened last night?" she asked back and sat in the dining area.
"Don't think about it. You are safe here," he replied.
"Tell me," she insisted.
"Someone broke in. It's over now, the police will take care of it," he replied as he take a sit in front of her.
"But... why would anyone break into your house? And why can an ordinary gardener like you have all of this? What a luxurious life." she asked still confused about Insung's identity.
Insung kept quiet for a while before answering her questions.
"I told you. My father is a wealthy man. I'm trying to become independent of him." he replied and faked a smile. He doesn't want to reveal his identity to Jihyo yet. He does not want to break her heart again now that she was still longing for his husband. "Enjoy!" he said to Jihyo as they now ate their food before it gets cold. 
"Sorry 'cause you helped me in a very difficult moment in my life, and right now, I take it out on you." She said feeling sorry for the sudden intriguing.
"I deserve it," he replied.
"You don't deserve it. Sometimes I act so irrationally. I'm sorry." she continued apologizing. 
"Jihyo-ah..it's fine," Insung replied. 
Jihyo just stared at him, at how he was so kind to her and how she was already comfortable being around him just for the time being. 
"Now let's eat. We have plans for today," he added gesturing for her to continue eating.
"I do appreciate your good spirit, but, you know, because of last night, I don't have a good mood to do anything special," she said.
"You're right. It would be better if we stay home and get upset about last night. So, where do you want to get upset? in the dining room? or the dancing hall?" she giggled at his humor but was quite taken aback by his sudden gesture. "Or...let me take you to a place where you can smile." he continued as he placed his hands on her. "I promise if you don't smile there, we will come back and weep together."
Jihyo just smiled at him as he pull out his hand, still in shock at the sudden skinship. She did not know but there were some sparks that she felt inside her that she can't understand why. Maybe because he was so nice to her that she felt relieved and calm. She hadn't felt this all along

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter