CHAPTER 6

Arts Meet Love

 

IN NEW YORK

Yoona was on her way to meet Jonghyun by taxi. The taxi driver had to park near the music store because of the busy traffic.

“Miss, I’m sorry that I have to stop here because of the traffic. The music store locates at the second building on your right after you walk from this corner”, he said while showing the direction to Yoona.

“Oh, okay I got it. Thank you so much and here is the money”, she said and got off the taxi.

“I guess I have to walk a bit”, she said and started walking towards the music store.

She walked on the road and tried to find the music store. As she turned at the corner, she saw the music store.

“Finally, I’ve found it. Now, I just have to find him”, she said and walked inside the store.

In the music store, Jonghyun was busy handling the customers since there were new CD arrived at the store. After quite a time, the store was empty and Jonghyun went to arrange the albums on the rack. Surely on that day many people wanted to purchase a lot of CD especially Korean album. As he was arranging the album, he realised that he needed to take out more albums from the cupboard at the counter. He went to the counter and knelt down to take out more albums.

On that moment, Yoona came into the store. She looked around to find Jonghyun. Then, she saw a worker was pasting posters on the wall. She decided to ask the worker. She went closer to the worker as the worker was getting down from the stairs.

“Excuse me, I need to ask you something”, she asked the worker.

“Yes miss, what can I help you with?”, the worker said with the remainder posters in his hand.

“Well, actually I was looking for a worker who wears blue jacket with black t-shirt. He said that he works here. Have you seen him?”, she asked.

“Let me think. Who is it? Oh you mean Kim Jonghyun? Just now I saw him arranging the album. I think he is at the counter. How about you look for him there?”, he said.

“Okay. Thank you so much”, she said and walked towards the counter.

She looked around the counter but there was no one there. She stood at the cashier and she still could not see Jonghyun. She decided to call him.

“Hello, is there anybody here?”, she said.

Suddenly, Jonghyun got up with the album in his hand and Yoona was surprised by his presence. He put the album on the counter and looked at her.

“I’m sorry for surprising you just now. What can I help you?”, he asked.

Yoona looked at his name tag. It was written Kim Jonghyun. He must be the guy.

“Hi. I’m Yoona and I believe that you must be Kim Jonghyun”, she said.

“Yes that’s me. Why are you looking for me?”, he asked her back.

“Well, I believe that you have my phone. I’m the girl that called you just now”, she said.

“Oh you’re the girl that bumped to me just now. It’s nice to meet you. Actually, your phone is in my bag. I’ll go take it for you. Can you wait here for a minute?”, he said.

“Sure. I’ll wait here”, she said.

“Okay. I’ll go and take it”, he said and went to take the phone.

After few minutes, he came out and went to see her. He saw her was looking at the CD while waiting for him to take her phone. He approached her with the phone in his hand. She turned around and saw him approaching her. She smiled when she saw him holding her phone.

“Here, this is your phone, right?”, he said while handing the phone to her.

She took the phone from his hand and checked it.

“Yes it is mine. Thank you so much. I wish that I can repay you. Is there anything that you want?”, she asked.

“You don’t have to repay anything to me. I just took care of the phone”, he said.

“Well, I insist. You took care of my phone. Some people would just throw away my phone right now”, she said.

“How about you treat me to lunch? I have not eaten yet”, he said while touching his stomach.

“Really? If lunch that you want, I’ll treat you. Let’s go, just tell me what you would want for lunch”, she said.

Both of them went out from the music store and went to the nearby restaurant.

AFTER LUNCH

They walked back to the music store. They stopped right in front of the music store.

“Yoona-ssi, thank you for the lunch just now”, Jonghyun said.

“No problem at all. After all, you helped me taking care of my phone just now. So, this is at least what I could do for you. Thanks again for helping me. I better go now. I’ve something to do after this”, she said.

“Hey, do you want me to give you a ride on my motorbike? It’s at least I can do after you treated me for lunch”, he said.

“Maybe next time. I can just take the taxi. I hope we can meet again at school. Oh, here’s the taxi. Goodbye, Jonghyun-ssi”, she said and went into the taxi.

Jonghyun watched as the taxi slowly disappeared from his sight.

“I hope we can meet again too, Yoona”, he said to himself.