Her Dearly Departed

Only Girl In The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun strode out of her unit and stepped right up at the doorstep of the neighbor she had never spoken to throughout her miserable stay in this pathetic building that was a nest to all kinds of losers.

Joohyun started KICKING the door—her foot landing so hard on the wooden panel that dust fell from the top of the frame.  (KICK... KICK... KICK!) “COME OUT!” she screamed.  “OPEN THIS DOOR!”  She kept on kicking.  Harder!  “I SAID COME OUT!”  (KICK... KICK...)

When she received no response after several kicks… Joohyun went from angry to NUCLEAR!

You don’t want to open the door?  Okay, then… I WILL DESTROY YOUR DOOR!

Joohyun took a few steps back… and yelled a battle cry!

“YAAAA…”

Joohyun’s leg FLEW into the air for kick that should forcefully wreck the damn door.

“….AAAAAAAHHH…”

The door opened.

Joohyun’s foot landed on her neighbor’s abdomen—sending the other girl staggering back.

“AGH!” Kang Seulgi doubled up in pain, both her arms crossed under her s where Joohyun’s small but vicious kick landed.  With her body bent, Seulgi looked up... red in the face and her features contorting in pain.  “Whhhaattthefffkk...?”

Joohyun was a little stunned but she recovered quickly.  Her wide-eyed reaction settled into a cold ‘serves-you-right’ expression.  She did not feel sorry at all.  “Stop the noise,” she advised firmly. 

Still hugging her aching body part, Seulgi d for the door knob with one hand and used it for leverage to make her wobbly knees steady.  Her back was still hunched— her face flushed and grimacing when she groaned, “What is your problem?”

Although she had groaned out the words, Seulgi’s voice had a magnificent quality.  She spoke as if she was singing out her pain.

But who cares about her velvety voice, Joohyun thought. “You’re being too loud,” Joohyun said to her. “Whatever you’re doing, it’s highly disturbing.  You’re making too much noise—THAT is the problem.”

“This is my unit,” Seulgi replied arrogantly. “I’ll do whatever I want in here.”

“YOU MAY HOWL OR ROAR OR RAGE… IF you lead a solitary life in the MOUNTAINS,” Joohyun retorted. “You may act like an animal and create whatever noise you want.  But in civilization, you have to be respectful of other people.”

Kang Seulgi laughed lightly, her black lined eyes crinkled in the corners with bitter humor.  “You call this place civilized?” And then the laughter faded away while her eyes roamed all over Joohyun’s face.  “If this building sered as a decent home for people worth respecting, then why is it up for demolition?”

“I don’t care if it’s up for demolition,” Joohyun argued.  “Until I leave that unit...” She pointed at the next door, Unit 526, which was hers. “…it is still my home. And I demand for peace and quiet while I’m staying in my home.  I want you to not make any noise for the rest of the night.”  To emphasize the severe seriousness of her request, Joohyun turned purposefully calmer.  After all, what she was asking for was reasonable.  She thought that if she could be more polite in expressing her plea, she could expect no less than an equally well-mannered cooperation from Kang Seulgi.

But she was wrong.  The girl leaned against the door frame, a cynic in figure-hugging jeans.  “It’s less than forty-eight hours before they destroy this place.  If you have a complaint about a noisy neighbor, why don’t you bring it up with the building administration,” she drawled. “See where that gets you...”

Joohyun tried to talk nicely to this lovely lunatic.  She’s done with ethics.  it. 

Joohyun decided to teach the disrespectful, body-pierced nutjob not to mess with someone who had nothing to lose anymore.

“Listen to me...”  She grabbed Kang Seulgi’s collar and spoke the bitter words close to her face. “I’d put up with the noise that you and your boyfriend made when you got into a fight or had explosively loud action in bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter