Chapter 4

Her Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her relationship with Joohyun had improved a lot. They're almost like old times again. Joohyun tried her hardest to make things right between them , while Seulgi also tried her best to return things as normal between them.

 

 

Seulgi also had been learning about her parents company, and how it works. But she came into a conclusion that business world aren't really meant for people like her.  

 

No matter how much she tried to fit into it, everything felt too complicated and stressful. She spent 5 years in military services and the only things she good at were shooting and fighting.

 

 

 

.... 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi gave a little massage to her eyes with her fingers, trying to ease her tension. She took a deep breath to relieve her pain. Then she opened her eyes when she heard someone knocked and opened her office door.

 

"Oh hi uncle.."  

 

Seulgi greeted him when she saw who it was.

 

"Hi Seulgi, are you okay?" 

 

Her uncle asked with concern as he walked towards Seulgi's desk. He put his hands on her shoulder. He noticed that Seulgi was stressed out with all the new situation in her life.

 

"Uncle....can I just ask you something...?" 

 

Seulgi asked and looked down.

 

"What is it? You can ask me anything." 

 

Her uncle answered.

 

"Is..is there any way... for me to step out from this business thing...?"   

 

Seulgi hesitated before asking.

 

Her uncle thought for a while and sighed. 

 

"I knew you would asked this sooner. I can see how you struggled to learn everything without any experience in business." 

 

Her uncle smiled sadly and ruffled her hair.

 

"This is your parents business. It belongs to you. I'm doing this for your father. I want to make sure that you will be fine no matter what happens in your future." 

 

Her uncle continued. He then stood up straight. 

 

"But if you're really feeling pressured, there is another way. I've been thinking about it for a while.....But you're the only one who can convinced him."  

 

Seulgi confused but then her uncle's words registered. 

 

"You mean..." 

 

She began.

 

Her uncle nodded, 

 

"Yes...your brother, Garam." 

 

"Garam oppa..." 

 

Seulgi said softly, it had been a long time since she heard from him. Her heart felt heavy when she remembered how close she was with her brother back in their childhood. But when they grew up and became more independent, they didn't have much contact anymore. 

 

Her brother moved to Canada after graduated and got a job at some multinational company. She can't remembered when was the last time she met him.  

 

She did received a letter from her brother in army not long after her parents death. However, she never bothered read it. She didn’t attend the funeral that time because she was still on a mission. 

 

She visited her parents' graves right after that mission was done and never returned to her hometown until she completed her military services. She never contacted her brother too.

 

Seulgi sighed, she knew she can't keep on ignoring him. She knows he has been through a lot too. She wondered if her brother was doing well or not.

 

"Uncle, did you have his current contact number?" 

 

Seulgi asked.

 

"Yeah," 

 

He handed her a piece of paper. 

 

"When you're ready, call him and talk to him."

 

"Ok.." 

 

Seulgi replied and grabbed the paper.

 

"I won't stop you from doing what you thought the best for yourself but...I really hope you somehow involved with our company business. Can you at least handling one of our branches here?" 

 

Her uncle added.

 

"...I'll try."  

 

That was all Seulgi could say to reassure her uncle. Her uncle gave her a few files and documents with some information about their branch and then he left her to give some time for her to choose which branch she wants to take over. He told her to call him when she makes her decision.

 

 

 

 

.... 

 

 

 

 

 

She read every documents carefully until her phone buzzed. She looked at the screen, seeing a message from Joohyun. Her lips curved into a small smile before opening the message.

 

 

 

[From : Joohyunie]

'Are you busy?'

 

 

Seulgi quickly typed back her response.

 

 

[To : Joohyunie]

'Not really. What's wrong Hyun?'

 

 

Seulgi's phone buzzed again shortly after.

 

 

[From : Joohyunie]

'Nothing. Do you want to come over tonight? For a dinner?'

 

 

A smile formed on Seulgi's face. She couldn't help the excitement rising inside of her at Joohyun wanting to spend time with her. Seulgi quickly texted her an answer.

 

 

[To : Joohyunie]

'Sure! I'll be there around 7:30 pm?' 

 

 

Seulgi waited for Joohyun's reply. After a few minutes, her phone buzzed again.

 

 

[From : Joohyunie]

'Perfect! I'll see you then! <33'

 

 

Seulgi chuckled. She wasn't used to receiving texts from Joohyun so suddenly like this. Nevertheless, Seulgi liked it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi felt exhausted after finishing the last task of her day. She left the company and made her way to Joohyun's house, arriving around 7:24 pm. She rang the doorbell several times before finally hearing footsteps approaching her. 

 

When the door opened, Seulgi's gaze immediately landed on Joohyun. Seulgi couldn't help the smile on her face as she saw Joohyun standing in front of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter