Chapter II.  ‘The Stinky Heroes’

teɪl ɒv ðə ˈdiːmən ˈhɪərəʊ

Chapter II. 

‘The Stinky Heroes’

That afternoon

Main Building, Ground Floor Lobby

After Class...

"Kazuki! I'm over here." Mayumi said as she called Kazuki, who was trying to find her in the lobby.

"There you are. Sorry, I'm late." Kazuki said as he approached Mayumi.

"Uh? That's unusual. Where is Kenji?" Mayumi said as she wondered why Kenji is not with Kazuki.

"Ah! Kenji forgot something and went back to our classroom. Uh? Is there something wrong Mayumi?" Kazuki said as he asked Mayumi, who was looking at Eito that was waiting for Harue and Emi in the lobby.

"Kazuki wait here. I'll be back." Mayumi said as she suddenly ran away and approached Eito.

"Hey! Mayumi, where are you-? Wait!" Kazuki said as he tried to stop Mayumi and wondered.

"There you are Eito!" Mayumi said as she approached Eito.

"Ma-Mayumi?! Since when did -? You surprised me." Eito said as he turned off his MP3 player and was surprised to suddenly see Mayumi, standing in front of him.

"Is there something wrong?" Mayumi said as she asked Eito.

"Uh? W-well, I was just worried for Harue and Emi. Earlier, before our class started, I went to the Main building, 4th floor to check if Harue and Emi are back to their classroom. Their classmate said that Harue and Emi are already back, and their English class begins. After that, I went back to our classroom, But I doubt that those two didn't go back to their class. Eito sadly said as he still worries for Harue and Emi.

"Hmm? I see, you still think that something's odd. Okay! How about we find...'her and her'? " Mayumi said as she suggested finding Harue and Emi.

" -_- Their names are Harue and Emi. They are both from the Earth Classes." Kazuki said as he suddenly appeared behind Mayumi.

"What the-?! You almost gave me a heart attack, Kazuki." Mayumi cheerfully said, making Kazuki blush.

"Their names are Harue and Emi. Kazuki just said that. You are Kazuki, right?" Eito said as he took off his headphones and put it back into his bag.

"-_- Yes. I'm Kazuki and the other one is my identical twin brother, Kenji." Kazuki said as he stares at Eito.

"Kazuki, this is Eito my classmate. Eito this is Kazuki my best friend that will help us finding Harue and Emi."

"Help you? No way! Find them yourselves. I am going to wait for Kenji and go home." Kazuki said as Eito and Mayumi walked away, ignoring him.

"Bye Kazuki! See you tomorrow! Let's go Eito." Mayumi said as she suddenly grabbed Eito's right arm and dragged him along the Lobby.

"Uh? Thank you for helping me Emi." Eito cheerfully said, making Emi blush.

"Huh!? Hey! Emi, where are you going? Wait for me." Kazuki said as he run away and followed Eito and Mayumi.

"So, where are we going to find Harue and Emi?" Mayumi said as she asked Kazuki and Eito.

"Why are you asking us? You're the one who suggested this." Kazuki said, making Mayumi wonder.

"I suggest we go to their classroom and ask one of their classmates after that- Uh? May I help you?" Eito said as he noticed a female student looking at them while hiding behind the staircase.

"Uh? Are you Eito?" a female student said as she suddenly called out Eito.

"Yes! That's me. Why?" Eito said as Mayumi stopped dragging him and asked Eito.

"Uhm? I'm Kazane from the other class and I know where Harue and Emi were." Kazane said as she got Eito's attention.

"Then, where are they?" Eito seriously said as he asked Kazane, who got scared and hid behind Kazuki.

"You are scaring her. I'm sorry he didn't mean do that. I'm Mayumi. Can you tell us where Harue and Emi are?" Mayumi said as she asked Kazane.

"Uh? Mari and the others brought her to the 'Abandoned Room.'" Kazane said as Eito suddenly ran away and went upstairs.

"Where? Eito, wait up! Thank you, Kazane." Mayumi said as she thanked Kazane and ran away, trying to catch up Eito.

" Hey! Mayumi wait for – Uh?" Kazuki said as he was about to run and chase Mayumi and felt someone tugging on his shirt.

"Please save Harue and Emi. Please..." Kazane sadly said and then let go of Kazuki's shirt/

"Okay! Don't worry, we will save them. See ya!" Kazuki cheerfully said, making Kazane blush. After that, Kazuki immediately ran away and tried to chase Mayumi upstairs.

Main Building, 3rd floor

"So Harue's classmates lied to me?" Eito angrily said as he, Mayumi and Kazuki were running going to the 3rd floor.

"She said Harue, and Emi were brought to the 'Abandoned Room'. Ouch! Why did you suddenly stop?" Mayumi said as Eito and Kazuki suddenly stopped and she bumped onto Eito.

"No way! Is that a 'Black Hound'?" Kazuki said as they saw a 'Black Hound' standing in front of them.

"Uh? What is a 'Black Hound'?" Mayumi said as she hides behind Kazuki and ask him.

"Found in Northeast region between the villages 'Aethyria' & Wathyria, 'Black Hounds' are huge werewolf-like monsters that have blackish purple fur and have glowing, yellow eyes when they hide in the dark. They have sharp fangs and claws, mostly found wandering inside the dark parts of forests." Eito said as the 'Black Hound' slowly walks towards them.

"But I think that 'Black Hound' is blind. Look! Its eyes are closed." Kazuki said as the 'Black Hound' stopped from walking, turned around and suddenly disappeared through the shadows.

"Hey! Where are you-? You two follow me. We will chase that 'Black Hound' before it kills someone else." Eito said as he ordered Mayumi and Kazuki.

"How about Harue and Emi? Aren't we going to save them first?" Mayumi said as she asked Eito.

"I know we have to save Harue and Emi first but -..." Eito said as he kicked the wall because of frustration.

"We will deal with it later but for now let's save Harue and Emi." Mayumi said as she looked at Kazuki and Eito.

"Hey! Where are you going, Mayumi? Wait up!" Kazuki said as he and Eito also ran away, trying to chase Mayumi.

4th floor

Building B. West Wing

Along the Hallway...

"This is bad. I forgot Mayumi's notebook inside the – Huh?" Kenji said as he was about to slide the door and accidentally overheard a conversation inside their classroom.

'I cannot do this anymore Akihiko.'

The female student said as Kenji quietly slide the door and peaked inside their classroom

              'But Hayami it already happened. There's nothing we can do about it.'

The male student said as Kenji quietly close the door and got confused what is happening.

"That's Hayami, one of our classmates and who is that guy? But I really need to get Mayumi's notebook that I left on Kazuki's desk. Ha! I have an idea.” Kenji silently said as he got curious and decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Again, Kenji quietly slides the door and went inside. First, Kenji decided to silently crawl down on the floor while hiding behind the chairs and tables.

"'I wish we didn't –Uh?" Hayami said as she started crying but suddenly Akihiko pulled her into his arms and hugged her.

"Don't worry! Everything will be alright. I will take responsibility for everything." Akihiko said as he hugged Hayami and kissed her forehead.

"Huh?! What the heck is he talking about? Don't tell me that guy got Hayami pregnant, and they are planning to elope away?" Kenji silently as he assumed that was the situation and slowly crawls going to the last desk on the second row. Kenji silently arrived beside the last desk and successfully reached the notebook but...

"A hand! There is a hand on that desk." Hayami said as she saw Kenji's hand and screamed out.

"Hayami, please stand back. Who's there?" Akihiko said as he asked but Kenji was unable to move his right hand.

Kenji gently lifted the notebook, brought it down and silently put it inside his bag, ignoring Akihiko's question.

"The hand suddenly disappeared. Now, what are we going to do Akihiko? " Hayami said as she got afraid and asked Akihiko.

"I said 'who's there?! Show yourself or else..." Akihiko said as he asked again and let Hayami hide behind him.

"Sorry Hayami I really didn't mean to -..." Kenji silently said as he crawled faster going to the last row and hide beside the tables and chairs.

"Hello! Are you still in here Hayami? Uh?" Rai said as she suddenly slides the door and saw Kenji crawling on the floor.

"Rai? I thought Hikaru was the one who will bring the reference books. " Hayami said as she walked away from Akihiko and asked Rai.

"Uh? Yes. Hikaru was here and I just opened the door for him. And there is a student hiding over here." Rai said she and Hikaru went inside the room and saw Kenji crawl and hide behind the last desk on the first row.

"A student? Where?" Akihiko said as he asked Rai, who looked at Kenji that was deadly staring at her and muttering 'Please don't tell them, please don't tell them.'

"-_- He is hiding behind the last desk on the first row. Now, where I can put these heavy reference books?" Hikaru said as he ignored Kenji's deadly stare and asked Hayami.

"You can put those books on the top of the teacher's desk. Thank you, Hikaru." Hayami said as Hikaru placed the books on the top of the teacher's desk.

Akihiko immediately searched for the person hiding behind the last desk on the first row and saw Kenji crawling on the floor as he tried to get away from him.

"Kenji?! What the heck are doing in here?" Akihiko said as he saw Kenji who suddenly stopped from crawling and looked up.

"Uh?! You found me...Damn you! I told you not to tell them where I was hiding." Kenji said as he stood up and yelled at Rai.

"-_- Oh! My bad. I thought it was fun to see you 'crawl' your way out after you eavesdropped on their conversation." Rai sarcastically said as Akihiko and Hayami looked at Kenji.

"I cannot determine if what you said was sarcasm or a joke but at least you tried." Hikaru said, making Rai blush like a red tomato because of the embarrassment.

"Kenji? What are you doing in here?" Akihiko said as he asked Kenji.

"Uh? Well? Listen, I really didn't mean to eavesdrop on your conversation earlier. I swear! I just wanted to get this notebook." Kenji said as he took out the notebook out of his bag and showed it Akihiko.

"Our conversation? You mean you heard everything we just talked about?" Akihiko seriously said as he asked Kenji.

"I am sorry! I didn't mean too. I swear, Hayami and Akihiko. Please forgive me." Kenji said as he started sulking on the corner.

"Uh? Don't cry Kenji. I am not angry. Actually, I am glad you came in here." Hayami said as she approached Kenji and pats his back.

"I promise I will not tell anyone that you are planning to elope because you are pregnant. So please forgive me." Kenji said as he wiped off his tears, making Hayami and Akihiko blush.

"O_o What?!" Everyone yelled out as Kenji casually put back the notebook inside his bag.

"N-No! I-I am not pregnant! Why made you think of that?!" Hayami said as she was flustered, suddenly grabbed Kenji's collar shirt and start shaking him.

"Hmm? That's why Hayami have puffy eyes." Hikaru said as he and Rai looked suspiciously at Akihiko.

"W-why are you looking at me like that?! I really don't what Kenji's talking about." Akihiko said as he was flustered and then looked away.

"I-I'm getting dizzy. Then, what are you talking about earlier?" Kenji said as Hayami stopped from shaking Kenji and gently pushed him away.

"I guess I should tell all of you the truth. Please help us save Harue and Emi. Mari and the others brought them to the 'Abandoned Room' still trying to prove if the rumor is true or not." Hayami said as she asked for their help.

"All of you are insane! Why would you do that?" Kenji said as he asked Hayami who looked down on the floor.

"This is bad. Not in the 'Abandoned Room'. Uh? Are you even listening Rai?" Hikaru said as he wondered and asked Rai.

"Harue? I think I've heard that name before somewhere else. Ah! Now I remember, Harue was the name of the person who accused me as a 'Cake Thief'." Rai said as she was not paying attention to what just Hikaru said.

" -_- Don't mind her. WE just have to save Harue and Emi, right?" Hikaru said as he asked Mayumi and Akihiro.

"Wait! We?! She asked specifically for my help and by the way I'm Kenji.” Kenji said as he yelled and approached Hikaru.

"Nope! Whether you like it or not, WE are going to help you because I cannot just bail out on someone who asked for my help. I'm Hikaru and this is Rai." Hikaru cheerfully said as he slides the door.

"Aren't you a noble one? For me, that's stupid." Kenji said as he crossed his arms and got annoyed.

"Okay! That's enough. You two are also coming with us. Let's go!" Rai said as she slides the door and went out of the room.

"Wait! What? Us?! Why do you want us to come with you?" Akihiko said as he asked Rai.

"I want you two to lead us to the location of the 'Abandoned Room'" Rai said as Hikaru looked at Rai.

"Eh? Something's fishy. I thought you are not listening." Hikaru said as he went out of the room, followed by Hayami and Akihiko.

"Shut up! I am only coming with you in this rescue mission because you are stupid enough to risk your life to just help anyone." Rai said as she crossed her arms and Kenji also went out of the room and closed the door.

"Sorry! Force habit. So, let's go! Uh? Is there a problem?” Hikaru said as he looked at Kenji.

"W-wait! Before we leave, I have a plan to save-." Kenji said as Hikaru and the others stare at him.

"Oh? So that's why you are being silent all this time. Okay! We will hear you out." Akihiko said as everyone nodded in agreement.

"R-really? O-okay! Listen, my plan goes like this -...." Kenji said as Akihiko and the others went closer to him and listened to his plan.

Main Building, Final Floor

Inside the 'Abandoned Room'...

"Hey! Wake up." Mari said as she kicked Emi in her abdomen.

"You are already back?" Emi said as she woke up and saw Mari and Masaru standing in front of her.

"Good. You are still alive. Thank you for helping us Emi – Huh!?" Masaru said as he gently caressed her right cheek and then Emi suddenly spits on his face.

"Don't you dare touch me!" Emi seriously said as she looked at Masaru.

"Damn it! You wretched woman!" Masaru angrily said as he lost his patience, suddenly grabbed Harue's collared blouse and lifted her up with just one hand.

"Masaru! Put her down. We don't want to damage an important variable like her." Gina said as Masaru put her down on the floor.

"Wake up! Hey! Wake up. Your friend is going to die if you don't wake up. "Aia said as she poked Harue's right cheek to, trying to wake her up.

"Stop it! It is useless." Koji said as Aia stopped poking Harue's cheek and walked away.

"Masaru! Mari!" Shuji said as he suddenly slammed the door and called Masaru and Mari.

"What!? What happened to you?" Masaru said as he yelled at Shuji.

"I saw a 'Black Hound' running along this Hallway." Shuji said as he reported to Masaru.

"A 'Black Hound'?! So the rumor is true? Where is it?" Masaru said as he got interested and went out of the room.

"Hey! Masaru, where are you going? Shouldn't we leave this floor and immediately inform our teachers?" Koji said as he and Aia went out of the room and followed Masaru and Shuji along the Hallway.

"A real 'Black Hound'? Wait! So, the rumor is true but then how you two are still alive?" Mari said as she asked Emi.

"Mere luck, I guess. And I think you should follow your friends outside." Harue said as she interrupted and yawned. Mari wondered what Harue was taking about and also went out of the room.

"Harue? You are already awake. Are you alright?" Emi said as she got worried and asked Harue who just stared at her.

"I'm alright! You should worry about yourself." Harue said as she got worried for Emi.

"Finally, they all left. Now, Emi and Harue... don't move." Gina said as she kneels down and gently untie Emi's rope using a pocketknife.

"Huh!? What are you doing?" Emi said as Gina successfully freed Emi and run to the other corner to untie Harue's rope.

"Isn't obvious? I am helping you to escape." Gina said as she asked Emi who slowly stood up and run to the corner.

"Sorry we're late! Uh? Where's everyone?" Akihiko said as he suddenly opened the door and wondered.

"There you are Gina. Huh? What are you doing?" Hayami said as she and Akihiko went inside the room.

"Akihiko and Hayami?!...Harue and Emi, stand back." Gina said as she stopped from untying Harue, and Emi hide behind her.

"Please allow us to help you." Hayami said as she run to the corner and gently untie Harue's rope.

"Uh? Thank you." Harue said as Gina and Hayami untie the rope. After a few minutes, they successfully untied Harue.

"You two must leave right now. Follow me." Gina said as she grabbed Harue's right hand but...

"No! We should stay in here." Akihiko said as he locked the door and then they heard a loud screaming from the outside, asking for help.

Main Building, Final floor

Earlier in the Hallway...

"We are here." Eito said as he, Mayumi and Kazuki arrived on the final floor and run along the Hallway.

"Now, where is that room? Uh? Where is that smell coming from?" Mayumi said as she was about to open a door but suddenly stopped.

"There! Let's go!" Kazuki said as they run along the hallway and stopped on the end corner near the staircase going to the rooftop.

"W-what happened in here?" Eito said as they saw five decapitated bodies lying down on the staircase.

"How horrible! Who did this to them?" Mayumi said as she got afraid and hide behind Kazuki.

"That 'Black Hound' we saw earlier on the 3rd floor. Damn it! I knew it." Eito said as he punched the wall.

"Then, we really should get going and find the 'Abandoned Room' to save Harue and Emi." Kazuki said as he taps Eito's right shoulder and run away.

"Kazuki wait up! Are you coming or what?" Mayumi said as asked Eito.

"Uh?! Of course! I am coming with you." Eito said as he and Mayumi run away, trying to chase Kazuki.

"This is the room." Akihiro said as he and the others arrived outside the 'Abandoned Room'.

"Okay! Now do what just we planned. Akihiro and Hayami will go inside - ...?" Kenji said as he felt a sinister aura coming behind him.

"Kenji, look behind you." Hikaru said as Kenji turned around and saw the same 'Black Hound' that murdered the five students in the staircase.

"Change of plans. Akihiko and Hayami go inside and try to free Harue and Emi while Rai, Kenji and I deal with the 'Black Hound'. And do not come out unless we knocked on the door, understand?" Hikaru said as Akihiko and Hayami nodded and went inside the room.

Outside the 'Abandoned Room'...

"Now, what should we do?" Hikaru said as he was being cautious and slowly walked away from the 'Abandoned Room', followed by Rai and Kenji.

The 'Black Hound' was carefully tracking their footstep using its sensitive hearing and walk towards them.

"Listen, I have a plan. We will pin down that 'Black Hound' on the floor and tie its feet up using your neckties." Rai said as she suggested a plan to catch the 'Black Hound'.

"That's the most brilliant plan I've heard. Pin that 'Black Hound' down on the floor?! Did you know that it will take the efforts of seven grown up men to just hunt a 'Black Hound'?" Kenji said as he yelled at Rai and Hikaru.

"Then, what will we do? Dance slowly around it?" Hikaru said as he asked Rai and Kenji.

"WE will pin down that 'Black Hound' on the floor." Kazuki said as he suddenly arrived behind Kenji, followed by Mayumi and Eito.

"Big brother?! What are you doing in here? Huh?!" Kenji said as he asked Kazuki, but Eito suddenly grabbed his shoulders.

"Harue! Where is Harue?! Is she alright?... Ouch!" Eito said as he asked Kenji. Rai got annoyed to Eito and pinched his right cheek.

"Harue and Emi are safe and still inside the 'Abandoned Room' so will please calm down and help us think on how to catch this Black Hound'." Rai said as she stretched out Eito's cheek, making him blush.

"O-okay! I'm sorry Rai. Now will you stop stretching my cheek?" Eito said as Rai let go of his cheek.

"H-how did you know my name?" Rai said as she really wondered and asked Eito.

"You are that guy earlier. What are you doing in here?" Hikaru said as he got annoyed and asked Eito.

"Uh? I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Eito and this Mayumi and Kazuki. Mayumi and Kazuki this is Rai and? " Eito said as he introduced himself, Mayumi and Kazuki.

"I'm Hikaru. Nice to meet you." Hikaru said as he crossed his arms.

"Everyone listen I have a plan. WE will pin down that 'Black Hound' on the floor and tie its paws up using your neckties." Rai said as she again suggested her plan.

"Then, how are we going to do that?" Mayumi said as she asked Rai. The drooling Black Hound slowly walked towards them as it tried to sense their footsteps.

"Allow me answer that question. ‘Black Hounds' have a sensitive sense of smelling and hearing. They can track any prey by listening to their footsteps or by remembering their distinct smell. So, I suggest that Kazuki, Kenji, Eito and Hikaru will surround the 'Black Hound' and try pinning it down on the floor. " Rai said as she suggested, making Mayumi irritated.

"So, let's do it!" Eito said as he walks away but Hikaru stops him.

'Hmm? Before we execute our plan, we should untie our shoes and neckties so that the 'Black Hound' cannot sense our squeaking shoes." Hikaru said as he started untying his shoes and necktie. After that, he gave his shoes and necktie to Rai.

"Oh! Now I get it. Big brother, let's do what he suggested." Kenji said as he also started untying his shoes and necktie.

"What!? I really don't get what is happening. But – Sheesh!" Kazuki said as he and Eito also started untying their shoes and neckties.

"And then, may I have your neckties?" Rai said as Eito and Hikaru gave their neckties to her while Kazuki and Kenji gave their neckties to Mayumi.

"Oh! I see. We need to improvise." Mayumi said as she started tying up both neckties on her hand, creating a 'rope' and gave it to Kazuki.

"Yes! Finally, you got it. Since, we don't have any rope or chains we are using these neckties as alternative to tie up its paws. Done. " Rai said as she got finished tying up both neckties and gave it to Hikaru.

"Then, let's execute our plan." Hikaru cheerfully said as he and Eito slowly walks to the right side of the Hallway.

"Wait! I am 100% sure this is dangerous right?" Kazuki said as Kenji silently dragged him going to the left side of the Hallway.

Because they removed their shoes, the 'Black Hound' cannot hear any human footsteps around him.

"Everyone please be careful...Now, what should WE do?" Mayumi said as she asked Rai, who simply crossed her arms and ignored her.

"Just try to guide Kazuki and Kenji while I guide Hikaru and Eito on the other side." Rai said as she instructed Mayumi.

"Okay? I'm Mayumi and you are friends with that annoying guy." Mayumi said as she crossed her arms.

"I'm Rai. Nice to meet you." Rai said as she smelled something weird in the air.

"What's that weird smell?" Kazuki said as he whispered to Kenji's left ear.

"Smell? Oh my! That stinks!" Kenji said as he whispered back to Kazuki.

The 'Black Hound' slowly walks towards Rai and Mayumi. But as it walked, it started to get dizzy and sneezed twice.

"Now!" Hikaru said as he and Eito suddenly forcefully pushed the 'Black Hound' towards the left side where Kazuki and Kenji are located.

"Hey! Wait! Why are you pushing it on our side?!" Kazuki said as he and Kenji forcefully pushed back to the right side.

The 'Black Hound' slowly got dizzy because of that 'weird' smell still lingering in the air.

"Push! Huh?!" Hikaru said as he and Eito wondered why the 'Black Hound' itself was slowly falling to the other side.

"Hey! Don't -... Help!" Kazuki said as he and Kenji saw the 'Black Hound' falling down onto them.

The 'Black Hound' lost its consciousness because of that 'weird' smell and fell on to the left side of the Hallway.

"Kazuki?! Kenji?! Are you okay?" Mayumi said as she got worried to Kazuki and Kenji.

"We are not okay." Kazuki and Kenji said in chorus as they got buried under the heavy body and fur of the 'Black Hound'.

"We did it. Hurry! Let's tie him up." Hikaru said as he gave the rope a.k.a neckties to Eito and Eito started tying up its front feet.

"I'm done! Where is the other rope?" Eito said as he tried to find the other rope.

"Here! Use this one." Mayumi said as she suddenly grabbed and pulled Rai's red ribbon off her hair. And then, she ran away and gave it to Hikaru.

"Hey! Give it back!" Rai said as she tried to chase Mayumi, but Hikaru already got her hair ribbon, gave it to Eito and used it to tie the 'Black Hound's back feet.

"We're done! Guys, we did it!" Mayumi said as she yelled out.

"Hoorey... We did it." Kazuki said as he and Kenji were still under the heavy body of the 'Black Hound'.

"Somebody help us get out of here." Kenji said as he asked for help.

"We did it! But I wonder what happened to the 'Black Hound'. It suddenly lost his consciousness and fell on the floor." Eito said as he wondered.

"I guess it lost his consciousness because of YOUR smelly shoes." Rai said as he picked up the boys' shoes off the floor.

"o_O What?!" Everyone yelled out as they wondered how.

"Our smelly shoes? What does that mean?" Hikaru said as she asked Rai.

"Remember that 'Black Hounds' have a sensitive sense of smelling and hearing. Maybe it lost its consciousness because it cannot recognize an unknown and weird smell lingering in the air." Rai said as she explained what happened.

"So, we literally killed this 'Black Hound' using our smelly shoes." Eito said as he cannot believe what was just happened.

"Congratulations everyone, we just killed a 'Black Hound'." Kenji said as he tried to crawl out of the sleeping 'Black Hound'.

                    ___________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for waiting everyone! Enjoy Reading and I will try to update regularly. – Cheche-chan.