Chapter I:  ‘Back at the Imperial Academy’ 

teɪl ɒv ðə ˈdiːmən ˈhɪərəʊ

Inside the Imperial Academy

Building A, East Wing

Rooftop

'As I fall sleep

On such fine day

I heard a voice

Asking for my help.

Was it a dream or a nightmare?'

"Hey! Rai! Rai? RAI! Wake up, sleepy head. Our afternoon class is about start." Hikaru said as he finally found this strange woman sleeping on the rooftop, again.

"Uh? Who are you?" Rai said as she slowly opened her eyes and immediately doze off.

"Hey! Come on. Seriously? How can you sleep that FAST?!" he said, poking Rai's face with his pencil. "O-okay! That's enough. I am awake." she said, shoving his pencil away from her face.

"Here. I will help you to get up." He said as he offered his right hand to help her get up. "Thank you." She cheerfully replied, making him blush.

"S-so, tell me...How can you really sleep that FAST?" Hikaru said as he curiously asked Rai. "I had a dream." Rai said as she rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Dream? What kind of dream?" he asked. "Uh? I do not remember but it is not a dream, I guess." She replied.

"I think you are just really sleepy, Rai. Let's go." He said as he chuckled, opened the door and went out of the rooftop. "Hey! Hikaru, wait for me." she said as she ran away and went out of the rooftop.

Few minutes later...

"Finally, we are here." Hikaru said as he slammed the door and they both went inside their classroom.

"That was close. Our next subject is Mathematics and I have to take some notes." Rai said as their teacher and classmates stared at them.

"Hikaru Hashimoto and Rai Akimura, you are both late. Please get out and wait in the 3rd floor Hallway." Mr. Mathematics teacher said as the two didn't realize that they already interrupting his class.

"Eh? What?" They both yelled out as Mr. Mathematics teacher opened the door and motioned the two to get out and their classmates start laughing at them.

Third floor, East Hallway...

"Why is this happening?! That is our Mathematics class. I really to take notes or else I will fail again." Rai said as she began sulking beside Hikaru as they both wait in the 3rd floor Hallway.

"Me too. I really need to study, or else Mother will scold me again." Hikaru said as he also began sulking beside Rai.

"You too?! You got the second highest score in our Mathematics exam last semester! Are you kidding me?" she said, pinching his right cheek.

"I know! That's why I have to study hard so that I can defeat 'Mayumi' in the next exams.” This strange guy said as he shoved her hand off his right cheek.

"Mayumi? Ah! That student from the Air Class C-1 who defeated you in our mixed Archery Class yesterday." Rai said as she looked along the 3rd floor Hallway.

"Lalala! I don't remember anything. Lalala! What happened yesterday is so embarrassing.” Hikaru said as he pinched Rai's right cheek.

"Yes. That was embarrassing. During the Mixed Archery Class yesterday, you were unable to aim properly on the Field Target, so instead of using a pair of bow and arrow you through your medieval dagger to the Field Target-...Please stop pinching my cheeks." Rai said as she narrated what happened yesterday during their mixed Archery Class.

"And then out of nowhere, an arrow hit my medieval dagger and it fell on the ground. That annoying girl gave me a pair of bow and arrow and taught me on how to properly aim while I was embarrassed in front of everyone." He said as he continues the story and still pinching her cheeks.

"You deemed as one of the 'Strongest Swordsmen' in the Imperial Academy teased by our classmates for being lame for getting defeated by a girl. The end." Rai said as she finished her story telling and saw Hikaru sulk on the corner.

"You know what... this is your entire fault, 'Glasses'! If I hadn't tried to find you earlier, I am probably inside our classroom right now." Hikaru said as he was not listening to Rai and started to blame her for what happened to them.

"MY fault?! You, 'Annoying' guy have the choice not to wait or find me and just go in the class." she said while Hikaru was only staring at her.

"Ha-Hahahaha! I-it's been a while." He said as he suddenly laughs out loud, making her blush.

"W-why are you suddenly laughing?" she said as she asked and wondered.

"It's been a while that you called me 'Annoying' guy. I liked that nickname though. Anyway, I decided to find you because I wanted both of us to pass the last exams." Hikaru said as he smiles, making her blush like a red tomato.

"W-well you didn't have to do that. I can study at least on my own and I don't need any tutor. And also, it's been a while that you called me 'Glasses' " Rai said as she looked away from Hikaru.

"You are cute when you blush like that. 'Glasses'." Hikaru whispered as he also looked away, trying to cover his blushing face.

"Huh? What did you just say? And why are you blushing?" she said as she wondered why Hikaru was blushing.

"N-nothing! It's nothing! Hahaha! I was just wondering if you want to come to our review study for the incoming exams this weekend." Hikaru said as he asked Rai.

"Review study? Uh? I'll think about -...." Rai said as she suddenly heard a voice out of nowhere.

'Your Highness,

Please help us...

Stop the 'Hero'.'

The voice, she heard said as it echoed along the 3rd floor Hallway.

"Rai? Rai! Are you okay? " Hikaru said as he noticed that Rai was didn't listening to him and ruffled her hair.

"Huh!? Hikaru!? Stop ruffling my hair." Rai said as she blushed and shoved Hikaru's hand off her head.

"So, are you coming or what?" Hikaru said as he asked Rai again.

"Alright! Don't worry. I'll come so that I can copy your notes in Math." Rai said as she sighed and eventually yawned.

"You just slept during the entire lunch break and after that you are already sleepy again. That's an amazing talent." Hikaru said as he complimented Rai, making her blush.

"I-I'm just sleepy. That's all." Rai said as she got embarrassed and gently punched Hikaru's right arm.

"That's because you spent another night writing that strange story of yours." Hikaru said as he pouted and looked away.

"Well, about that - ...." Rai said as she slowly fell asleep onto Hikaru's right shoulder.

"And she fell asleep, again. I wonder how she does that." Hikaru said as he heard Rai's soft snore. Hikaru also yawned, intertwined his right hand with Rai' left hand and silently fell asleep.

15 minutes later

Along the 3rd floor

East Hallway...

"T-this is so heavy. Why I am the only asked to carry these 50 training manuals back to the East Library?" Mayumi Yukimura said as she was walking in the 3rd floor Hallway while carrying 50 training manuals back to the library. She continued to walk along the 3rd floor, but she suddenly stopped as she heard someone snoring behind her.

"W-who's there?" She looked back and saw no one that made her scared.

"Shut up..." Hikaru said during his sleep-talk which made Mayumi scared and accidentally slipped and fell on the floor.

"O-Ouch! Who said that? I am going to-...Uh?" Mayumi said as she got angry, looked beside her and saw Hikaru and Rai, sleeping on the corner while holding each other's hand.

"You! Finally, we've met my number one mortal enemy. " Mayumi said as she was surprised to see Hikaru, her number one mortal enemy.

"Who are you talking to?" Kazuki Hamasaki, one of the Hamasaki Twins said as he asked and suddenly appeared behind her.

"Ka-Kazuki?! When did you?" Mayumi said as she was surprised to see Kazuki beside her.

"Few minutes after you slipped and don't worry no one saw your pink pan-... Ouch!" Kazuki said as he was interrupted by Mayumi pinching his cheeks, making him blush.

"You ert! Don't say it. It is embarrassing." Mayumi said as she squished his cheeks.

"I-I didn't say anything. Please stop squishing my cheeks." Kazuki said as he asked Mayumi.

"Yes! Sorry about that, Mayumi. My big brother is a certified ert." Kenji, Kazuki's younger twin brother, said and intentionally let the three manuals he picked up earlier fall onto Kazuki's head.

"Kenji too? Why are you here?!" Mayumi said as she was also surprised to see Kenji.

"Kenji, why did you do that?!" Kazuki said as he got angry at Kenji and immediately got up.

"Here. I'll help you." Kenji said as he ignored Kazuki and offered his help to Mayumi which she gladly accepted.

"Thank you, Kenji!" Mayumi cheerfully said, making Kenji blush.

"N-No problem. Anyway, let's pick up the training manuals and return them to the library." Kenji said as he starts to pick up the training manuals off the floor.

"I'll help you. Kazuki you are going to help us too." Mayumi said as she suddenly grabbed Kazuki's navy-blue necktie and gently pulled him to help them.

"Alright! Alright! I'll help you. I was wondering who they are." Kazuki said as he wondered and looked at Hikaru and Rai, still sleeping on the corner of the Hallway.

"Based on that guy's scarlet necktie and that girl's scarlet brooch, I guess they are students from the Fire Class." Kenji said as he was picking up the books.

"Eh? From the Fire Class, that's interesting." Mayumi said as she approached Hikaru and Rai while the two are still asleep and took out a black board marker.

"W-wait! Mayumi, what are you doing?" Kazuki said as he saw Mayumi writing the word 'LOSER' on Hikaru's forehead.

"Hahaha! Finally, that's his punishment for making me an idiot during our mixed Sword Practice." Mayumi said as she closed the cap of the black marker and walked away.

"Oh! I see. That's why that guy looks so familiar.' Kenji said as he piled up the training manuals on the floor.

"Kenji, please don't -..." Mayumi said as she sadly picked up the training manuals off the floor.

"Ah! Yes. That was embarrassing. During the Mixed Sword Practice yesterday, you were unable to fight properly using a medieval sword, so that guy started pointing out your fundamental mistakes and you got annoyed-..." Kazuki said as he narrated what happened during their Mixed Sword Practice yesterday, but he got interrupted by Mayumi who was shoving the manual onto his face.

"You mean she snapped out and threw out her wooden sword. Then, she used her bow and arrow to defeat her training partner but instead she aimed her arrow to that guy and fired. Luckily, that guy caught the arrow single-handedly and broke it into two. The end. "Kenji said as he ended the story telling and piled up the last manuals on the floor.

"That guy is really getting into my nerves! Because of that, I have to attend another Sword Practice with my big brother. I swear, I will defeat him in the Final Field Training. Let's get out of here. " Mayumi said as she got annoyed and only brought two manuals along with her.

"I'll bring these, and you will bring the rest." Kenji said as he brought eight manuals with him and walked away.

"Wait?! What!? You mean these 40 books? Hey! You two wait for me." Kazuki said as he turned around and saw the remaining books piled up and waiting for him to bring them back the library.

10 minutes later

Along the 5th floor Hallway,

Outside the East Library...

"Uh? Do you need any help, Kazuki?" Mayumi said as she and Kenji arrived outside the East Library looked behind and saw Kazuki trying his best to walk and carry all the 40 training manuals.

"I wish you asked that earlier! And yes! I OBVIOUSLY need help." Kazuki said as he carried the 40 manuals using both of his arms.

"Don't worry! He already carried the 40 manuals from the 3rd floor until here without slipping so he will be alright. Let's go inside. Huh!? " Kenji said as he slides the door and then...

"Get out of the way!" The girl said as she ran out of the East Library and accidentally pushed Kenji away. Kenji fell on the floor.

"Are you going to help me or what? Huh!?" Kazuki said as he saw the girl passed beside him, making him lose his balance and also fell on the floor.

"Kenji, are you alright? Here. I'll help you." Mayumi said as she asked Kenji and offered her help.

"I am the one you should help with." Kazuki said as he got buried under the manuals.

"I am alright. Thank you, Mayumi." Kenji said cheerfully as he stood up by himself, making Mayumi blush.

"Uh? O-Okay! I wonder who that girl is and why she is in hurry." Mayumi said as she looked around and saw Kazuki buried under the manuals.

"Based on her brown brooch, that girl is from the Earth Class. And are you going to help me or what?!" Kazuki said as he tried to get out of the pile of manuals.

"Alright, we are going to help you. Stay still." Kenji said as he sighed and was about to help Kazuki but...

"Come back, Harue! We are not finish reviewing for the exams." Another girl suddenly ran and went out the East Library.

The second girl was on a hurry, didn't noticed Kenji and accidentally pushed him away. Kenji slipped and fell on to Kazuki along with the pile of manuals still on the floor.

"You are heavy, get off." Kazuki said as he gently pushed Kenji away from him.

"O-Ouch! Hey! What the hell is your problem?! Where did she go?" Kenji said angrily and trying to find the second girl but she got ran away.

"I would like to apologize about that fuss. Harue doesn't really like math." The male student said as he went out of the East Library and started picking up the manuals off the floor.

"Eh? Eito?! I thought you are back in the Literature room." Mayumi said as she turned around and saw the male student which she immediately recognized.

"Mayumi? Indeed, I was asked to go in the Literature room to get the reference materials, but Emi called me, asking for my help so I immediately went in the East Library." Eito said as he continued to pick up the manuals off the floor and hand them over to Mayumi.

" -_-! Who are you talking to?" Kazuki said as he stared at Mayumi and Eito.

"Try asking more politely, stupid." Kenji said as he picked up the manual and shoved it on Kazuki's face.

"Uh? Yes! Let me introduce him. Kazuki and Kenji this is Eito Yoshiyuki, one of my classmates in the Air Class. Eito, this is Kazuki and Kenji Hamasaki, my best friends." Mayumi said as she introduced Eito to Kazuki and Kenji.

"Identical twins, eh? I'm Eito and it is nice to meet you." Eito said as he introduced his self to Kazuki and Kenji.

"I'm Kenji and this is my older, twin brother Kazuki. We are glad to meet you. "Kenji said as he stood up, introduced his self and his brother to Eito.

" -_- Hmm? There is something suspicious about you." Kazuki said as he suspiciously stares at Eito. Kenji sighed and shoved another manual on his head.

"Now then, I should get going. I really need to find those two. See you around." Eito said as gave the last manuals to Mayumi.

"Uh? Okay. Thank you for picking those manuals for us." Mayumi said as she thanked Eito, making him smile and ran away.

" -_- Eh? I wonder if I've already met that guy somewhere. " Kazuki said as he wonders and still buried under the pile of manuals on the floor.

"What are you doing? Hurry! Pick those manuals up and get them inside the East Library." Mrs. Librarian said as she went of the library and saw Mayumi, Kenji and Kazuki outside the Library and the remaining manuals still scattered on the floor.

"Yes Ma'am!" Mayumi, Kazuki and Kenji said as they started picking up the remaining manuals off the floor.

4th floor, Hallway...

"Harue! Where are you?" Emi Fujimoto, one of the Earth Class D-1 students said as she ran along the Hallway, still trying to find a girl named Harue.

"Uh? Are you looking Harue?" Aia, from the Earth Class D-2, said as she saw and wondered why Emi was running along the Hallway.

"Y-yes! Did you know where she went?" Emi said as she stopped from running and also asked the female student.

"I think I saw Harue running going down to the 2nd floor earlier." Aia said as she thought of a plan to trick and deceived her.

"T-Thank you." Emi said as again she ran away and went up to the 4th floor of the West Building.

"Aia! I'm done. Let's go." Hayami, from the Water Class B-2 said as she called Aia

"That simpleton. Hahaha! She really left and went down to the 2nd floor." Aia said as she walked away and went inside the 4th floor, Female restroom along with Hayami

Inside the Female Restroom...

"So, where is that annoying brat?" Aia said as she asked Hayami.

"Here she is. Take a look." Hayami opened the first stall where she locked up Harue after she tied her up and covered with a white cloth earlier.

"Let's take her up to the Abandoned Room." Aia said as she ordered Hayami.

"In the Main Building? But what would we do if a teacher saw us?" Hayami said as she dragged Harue out of the first stall while Harue was struggling to untie herself.

"Don't worry! I asked Koji take care of that and meet us in the Main Building. Come, let's go." Aia said as he helped Hayami dragged Harue out of the female restroom.

"Harue! Are you here? Um? Excuse me, may I ask you a question" Eito said as he got tired from running along the 4th floor Hallway.

"Yes. Uh? Are you a student from the Air Class?" Koji, one of the students of the Fire Class A-1 said as he noticed Eito's silver necktie.

"Have you seen a girl running around this floor and wearing a brown brooch?" Eito said as he asked Koji who closed his book.

"Then, have you seen a girl running around looking for another girl?" Eito said as he asked Koji again.

"Um? No. I haven't seen her either. I am sorry. I suggest you should try finding on the 3rd West floor. Hey!" Koji said as Eito suddenly ran away.

"Thank you." Eito said as he suddenly ran away and also went downstairs to the 3rd floor.

"Hahaha! He did run away and went downstairs. Just like Aia said this is going to be fun. " Koji said as he laughed and walked away.

2nd floor

Building B. West Wing

Outside the Faculty Room...

"Finally, we are out. I don't want to come back inside that room again." Rai said as she and Hikaru went out of the faculty room.

"Well, Mr. Mathematics Teacher asked us to wait in the East Hallway not to sleep and while we are asleep, someone stupid wrote-..." Hikaru said as he tried to wipe off what was written on his forehead.

"'Lo-se-r? Hahaha! Whoever wrote that on your forehead has a good handwriting." Rai said as he read what was written on Hikaru's forehead and laughed.

"Because of this, some faculty members started laughing at me while we are being reprimanded. Damn it! I swear I will find that stupid person who wrote this on my forehead. Who is that?" Hikaru said as he and Rai saw a girl asking something to the students and immediately ran away.

"I guess that girl came from the Earth Classes. Anyway, let's go! We have to bring these printed references to the Fire Class A-2." Rai said as she walked away trying to carry the printed references.

"Hey, 'Glasses'! Wait for me. Huh? " Hikaru said as he also walked away but...

"You two. Please wait up." Emi said as she saw Hikaru and Rai along the 2nd floor Hallway and ran towards them.

"Uh? How can we help you?" Hikaru said as he asked Emi, who was trying to catch her breath.

"H-have you seen a girl running around along this floor, wearing a brown brooch like this?" Emi said as she asked Hikaru and Rai.

"No. I'm sorry but we haven't seen her." Hikaru said as a female student passed by and overheard their conversation.

"Thank you." Emi said as Hikaru and Rai left and went upstairs.

"Harue, where are you? Uh?" Emi said as she saw a female student approaching her.

"Hi! I'm Mari, she accidentally bumped on me." Mari, a student from the 'Special Classes' said as she introduced herself to Emi.

"I-I'm Emi. Nice to meet you, Mari. I think the girl you saw earlier was Harue." Emi said as Mari looked at her brown brooch.

"Are you from the Earth Class?" Mari said as she asked Emi.

"Y-Yes! I am from Earth Class D-2. Anyway, thank you, Mari. I should get going...Huh?" Emi said as Mari suddenly grabbed her right arm and dragged her to a corner where Koji was waiting for them.

"I.found.you." Mari said as she dragged Emi along the Hallway.

"Hey! What are you doing?! Let me go! "Emi said as she tried to free herself from Mari's tight grip before she got dragged away but it was useless. After a few minutes...

"There, you are all tied up. Now, we need you to be quiet." Shuji, one of the Air Class C-2 students said as he got finish covering Emi's mouth with a white cloth.

"Let's go and meet the others in the Abandoned Room." Mari said as she dragged again Emi along the hallway followed by Shuji

3rd Floor

Building A, East Wing

Fire Class A-1 Classroom...

"We are back. Huh?" Hikaru said as he slides the door and saw Gina, one of their classmates staring at him.

"The lovely couple is back." Gina said as she teased Hikaru and Rai.

"We're not a couple!" Rai and Hikaru said in chorus as they blushed and went inside their classroom. Rai was about to close the door, but someone suddenly opened it again from the outside.

"Wait up! Uh?" Eito said as he opened the door and was surprised to see Rai.

"Uh? What can I do for you?" Rai she wondered and looked at Eito.

"Ehem! May I ask you a question? Have you seen a girl running around this hallway wearing a brown brooch?" Eito said as he asked Rai.

"Uh? No. I didn't see her. So-" Rai said as Eito was just staring and trying to compose himself.

"Uh? Sorry for interrupting. But I saw that girl running along the 2nd floor earlier not in here. By the way, I'm Gina. " Gina said as she interrupted Rai and Eito's conversation.

"-_- I wonder why that guy is blushing." Hikaru said as he silently observes Eito's movement.

"Thank you for that information, Gina. See you around, Rai " Eito said as he smiled, making Rai blush.

"Wait?! That's my name. How did-? Hey! Wait up." Rai said as she was confused but Eito suddenly ran away and went downstairs.

"Who was that? Was he your boyfriend?" Hikaru said as he got suspicious and asked Rai who finally closed the door.

"Boy- what?! What are you saying? I didn't even know his name!" Rai said as she blushed and went back to her seat behind Hikaru's on the third row.

"Eh? Then, why he does know your name?" Hikaru sadly said as he leans back to his chair and asked Rai.

"Hmm? Someone is being jealous." Gina said as she approached Rai and Hikaru, carrying her math notebook.

"Huh? Jealous?! I'm not jealous." Hikaru said as he denies and looked outside the open window.

" -_- Okay. Then, why are you blushing? Here are the notes from the math class today. " Gina said as she gave the notebook to Rai.

"N-no! Thank you but I can manage to-..." Rai said as she refused to take the notebook, but Gina shoved her notebook on Rai's right cheek.

"YES! You two REALLY need these notes, Rai. Also, let Hikaru, the jealous one, copy my notes and return my notebook later after class. " Gina said as she stopped and gave the notebook to Rai.

"What?! I already said that I'm not jealous." Hikaru said as he looked beside him and saw Gina.

"T-thank you! I will return your notebook after class." Rai cheerfully said as she hugged the notebook, making Hikaru blush.

"You should smile more often." Hikaru cheerfully said, making Rai blush

"I-I am trying, okay? I still found it really weird when our classmates started to me in class unlike before." Rai said as he grabbed her bag and took out her own notebooks and pens.

"Based on my analysis, you usually doze off during break time or sometimes during classes. And you do not talk to anyone unless they talk to you first." Hikaru said as he suddenly grabbed Gina's math notebook off Rai's desk.

"H-how did you know all of that? Are you my stalker? " Rai said as she was surprised from Hikaru's analyses.

"No. I just saw my past self in you. I was the new transfer student so I decided not to talk with anyone because I thought I will not fit in this class but-..." Hikaru said as Rai suddenly grabbed the notebook out of Hikaru's hands and put it on her desk.

"But one day, you saw me dozing off during math class, started poking my cheeks and we were both asked to get out the room. That was the most embarrassing moment in my life." Rai said as she remembered her most embarrassing moment of her life and started sulking on her desk.

"Yeah! You forgot that you were also drooling on your desk on that day-...Ouch! Why did you do that?" Hikaru said as Rai suddenly grabbed her notebook and threw it at Hikaru's chest.

"After that, we started hanging out like friends." Rai said as Hikaru gave back her notebook.

"Here's your notebook. I don't need Gina's notes and I think I can manage to study math on my own." Hikaru said as Rai grabbed the notebook and placed it on her desk.

"I wish I have the confidence to say that. Now, if you won't mind, Mr. Mathematician let me copy Gina's notes in peace, please." Rai said as she opened Gina's notebook and read it.

"Okay. I guess you don't need my help in your review- Uh? What are you doing?" Hikaru said as he saw Rai reading the notebook.

"Oh my! I am so blessed to copy this clear and concise math notes from this notebook." Rai said as she was amazed and suddenly lifted up the notebook.

"Hey, let me see that. Oh my! That is neat handwriting." Hikaru said as he also took a look on the notebook and they both lifted it up in the air.

" -_- Rai? Hikaru?" Gina said as she and her other classmates looked and wondered what's got into Rai and Hikaru.

"Gina! Someone is looking for you." one of their classmates said as he tried to find inside the classroom.

"I'm coming! Thank you." Gina cheerfully said as she went out of the room.

Main Building, Final Floor

Outside the 'Abandoned Room'...

"We're here. Uh? Why are lights turned off?" Mari said as she opened the door and went inside a room along with Shuji and Emi. Emi saw Harue sitting and also tied up on the corner.

"You're late. So, she is this girl they called 'Enchantress'". Koji said he took off the white cloth out of Emi's mouth.

"Are you alright, Harue? Harue! Who are you?! Why are you doing this?" Emi said as she asked Koji who also took the white cloth off out of Harue's mouth.

"Emi? Emi! Help me, Emi." Harue said as she saw Emi and cried for help.

"Shut up, you annoying brat. And we welcome you to the "Abandoned Room"." Aia said as she got annoyed hearing Harue's voice and kicked the chair onto the wall.

"The 'Abandoned Room'? Oh no, this is bad. Let us out." Emi said as she panicked and tried to untie herself, but it is useless.

"I suggest you stop squirming because you are only hurting yourself." Aia said as she picked up the chair she kicked earlier and sit on it.

"'Abandoned Room'? What are you talking about?" Harue said as she slowly calms down and asked Aia.

"Oh? You didn't know? Hahaha! I pity you!" Mari said as she asked the others to tell Harue the story of the 'Abandoned Room'

"Okay. Let me tell you the rumor about this room. One afternoon, two students decided to skip class and wander around this floor. They heard something howling coming from the first Main Library, opened the door and went inside. They went missing for three days until the instructors decided to search in this floor and smelled something being rotten coming in this room. They opened the door and saw two, decapitated bodies lying down on the floor-..." Shuji said as he told the story of the 'Abandoned Room'.

"And then, the Imperial Council and our Imperial Instructors decided to move the Main Library down to the 5th floor and abandoned this room. Rumours say that the room has a secret portal connected to the 'Dark Forest' which allows the 'Black Hounds' to travel going to this room and murdered the two students." Koji said as he interrupted Shuji and continued his story.

"Now, here is the fun part. I, we want you to be part of our social experiment." Mari said as she dragged and separated Emi to the right corner of the room, Harue who's still tied up on the left corner.

"Let me go! I said, let me go!" Emi said as she struggled but Mari kicked onto the wall. Emi hit the wall.

"Hey! Stop it! Let Emi go. Emi? Emi!" Harue said as she tried to call Emi.

"I guess we are doing this in the hard way. Listen, we want you to help us prove if the rumours were true or not." Mari said as she walked away and closed the curtains.

"Emi, the social experiment goes like this. You two will be staying in here until tomorrow. If the both of you are dead by tomorrow, then the rumours are true but if the both of you are still alive, then you can erase Harue's memories about this social experiment. You can do that right?" Aia said as she looked to Emi that was lying down on the floor.

"Erase her memories? How did you?! No! I cannot do that AGAIN." Emi said as she cried, making Harue wonder why she is crying.

"Erase my memories, AGAIN? What do you mean, Emi? Emi! "Harue said as she called out and asked Emi.

"Hmm? A person who has the ability to erase memories, huh? Wait! I think I've read that on a wanted poster. Ah! Here it is." Shuji said as he took a folded paper out of his right pocket and showed it to everyone.

"Give me that. Hmm? The poster says that 'Wanted: Emi Fujimoto, the 'Enchantress' who has the ability to erase memories. Bring her to this place, ALIVE and you will be handsomely rewarded with 8 gold bars.' 8 gold bars?" Mari said as she suddenly grabbed the folded paper, opened and read it.

"Hahaha! This changes things. How about we immediately bring Emi to this place and claim the reward?" Aia said as she grabbed Emi's rope and started dragging her out of the room.

"Wait! We cannot just do- Huh?!" Koji said as they heard someone calling their names outside the room.

"Mari! Koji! Aia! Shuji! Are you here?"

One of the 'Imperial Intructors' exclaimed in disbelief, shouting out as they run across the Hallway.

"Let's get out of here. We'll just return in here after class. Let's go!" Mari said as she and Shuji, Aia, Koji panicked, went out and locked the room.

"Ha! Run away, cowards! I promise that we will get out in here, ALIVE." Harue said as she looked at Mari and then ran out of the room, leaving her and Emi inside the 'Abandoned Room'.

"Help! Somebody help us! Help! Please..." Emi said as she got afraid, start crying and called out for help. But instead of helping them, someone kicked the door to shut her up.

"Don't worry! Emi. I am sure somebody will come and help us. Let's just patiently wait." Harue said as she tried not to cry.

"Now is not the time to be so optimistic Harue -...Huh?! Is that a?" Emi said as she sensed something dark and eerie beside Harue.

'Your Highness,

I've arrived.

W-what have they done you?!''

A 'Black Hound' suddenly went out of the shadows and appeared beside Harue.

"A 'Black Hound'?! So, the rumor is true? Get away from her!" Emi said as she saw the 'Black Hound' appeared beside Harue.

"Uh? Hahaha! I'll explain it later. For the meantime, please send this message to Eito 'We are in the Main Building, Final Floor, inside the 'Abandoned Room.'. Thank you and please hurry." Harue said as she ordered the 'Black Hound' and it immediately disappeared.

"It disappeared? What did you do Harue?" Emi said as she was surprised and asked Harue.

"Uh? H-how should I explain this? Is this the first time you saw a 'Black Hound'?" Harue said as she asked Emi.

"Of course not! Just answer my question, Harue. " Emi said as yelled at Harue.

"O-okay! Calm down. W-well, my big brother said that 'Black Hound' saved me back then when I was kidnapped by some Red Assassins that brought me to the forest- Huh?" Harue said as she was interrupted by Emi.

"That 'Black Hound' looks familiar? Wait! That's what Hiiro told you. Listen, Harue that's not what really happened!" Emi said as she interrupted Harue.

"That's not- Huh? How did you know my big brother's first name? That was what my big brother said to me, so I decided to keep that 'Black Hound' as a pet and hide him in my shadows." Harue said as she wondered.

"Y-you don't remember. You introduced him to us during the Welcome Party." Emi said as she tried to divert Harue's attention to other topics.

"Oh? Yes. You're right. I forgot that I introduced him to you in the welcome par-... No! I really wished that I didn't attend that event. That was the most embarrassing moment of my life." Harue said as she started sulking on the corner.

"Uh? From what I remembered, Prince Shouta his throne and put you in charge to choose the next 'Imperial Ruler' of Alementalia along with the Imperial Council." Emi said as she leaned back onto the wall.

"I know; I also wonder why he chose me to fulfill that task instead of my big brother. But I was pertaining to the event before that. You know the incident with the 'Cake Thief'!" Harue said as she yelled to Emi.

"Ah! That woman who you assumed stole your strawberry shortcake on the Dessert corner. I think her name was 'Rai Akimura'." Emi said as she remembered what happened to Harue and Rai during the welcome party.

"That woman, I really saw that she was the one who stole my strawberry shortcake, and she denied it. Soon enough, I will revenge my shortcake and – Anyway, can I ask you a favour? " Harue said as she was frustrated to remember what happened to her strawberry shortcake.

"Uh? What is it? I am currently tied up and I can't move an inch so-..." Emi said as she asked Harue.

"About my 'Black Hound'... C-Can you keep it as our secret?" Harue said as she asked Emi.

"Okay! I'll keep it as a secret in exchange that you will not tell anyone what you have heard about me earlier." Emi said as she asked Harue, who yawned and tried to untie herself.

"I heard about-? Okay! I will keep it as our secret, and I believe you are not that 'Enchantress' they were talking about. They were just fooling around. If I could just untie this rope-...Uh! I give up." Harue said as she stopped from squirming and gave up.

"Harue? Thank you." Emi cheerfully said as Harue yawned and eventually lie down on the floor.

"I guess I will take a nap while we are waiting. Good night." Harue said and fell asleep on the floor.

"Good night Harue and... I'm sorry." Emi said as she slowly fell asleep onto the wall.

Outside the 'Abandoned Room'...

Gina and Masaru, also a student from the 'Special Classes' were running along the Hallway went they saw Mari and the others, standing outside the 'Abandoned Room.'

"Gina? Masaru? What are you doing in here?" Aia said as she asked Gina and Masaru, they were all surprised to see Gina and Masaru in the Hallway.

"There you are!" Gina said she and Masaru approached Mari and the others.

"Someone was calling our names earlier, so we panicked and immediately went outside the room."

"I saw Mr. Mathematics teacher went up in here searching for all of you. So, I decided to secretly follow him and convinced him that I will search in this floor instead and asked him to search down on the 5th floor. He took the bait and went back downstairs." Masaru said as he told everyone what happened.

"So? Where are Harue and Emi?" Gina said as she asked Mari and the others.

"Harue and Emi were both locked up inside this room. Don't worry! We made sure that they were both separated and tied up properly." Aia said as she assured to Gina and Masaru.

'Help! Somebody please help us!'

Harue exclaimed in distress, crying out as they asked for help.

"Shut up! We will just come back in here later. Let's leave." Masaru said as they heard Emi's voice calling for help, forcefully kicked the door to shut her up and walked away.

"You heard the boss, let's leave. And Mr. Mathematics teacher does not tolerate tardy students in his class." Gina said as Mari and the others run ahead of Masaru.

"Are you coming or what?" Masaru said as he looked back and asked Gina.

"Uh? Yes. I'm coming." Gina said as she walked away and followed Masaru.

=======================================================================================

TO BE CONTINUED