Chapter 4

The Beautiful Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun has been awake for two days now, and everyone except Sehun has taken turns keeping him company.

Even the Lord checked in on him and assured him of all the help he required.

Even though Baekhyun is still afraid of those people finding him, he can say that he feels so much safety in the park household.

He got to know about Chanyeol, the eldest sibling, being the one who helped him the other day,

and after realising it was the same person who held his hand,

It made him feel weird yet giddy whenever he saw him.

Even though Chanyeol treated him nicely, he feels like a not-so-open person to him.

Nonetheless, he is nice and generous.

Not only him, but everyone treats him with respect, and he even envies them for having such a lovely family.

He can't help but cry as he remembers his family.

His modest but ideal family. Everything in his household was going smoothly until that fateful day...
That day changed his life forever. He hasn't known what happiness is since that day.

What caused that to happen to him?
Will he ever find happiness again?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the Park siblings had met in the living room to talk about the upcoming fair.

It is held every year at the same time period, and many visitors from neighbouring lands attend.

During those days, everyone will be in a festive spirit.

There will be lots of games and entertainment elements.

It is really important for boosting their trade and friendly relations with other lands.

So, everything has to be perfect and requires intense planning about everything.

"So, is the budget for this the same as last year?"

Sehun asked after listening to their plans roughly.
Jongdae made a small nod.

"I think that's enough. What's your opinion, Chanyeol?"
"Mm, that's enough, I believe. But let's keep a little aside for last-minute emergencies as usual."

All the brothers nodded to what was said.

"Already, our folks are anticipating the fair.

Many people have questioned whether we will hold dance contests similar to last year.

Shouldn't we make an announcement on this? "Since he is also anticipating that, Jongin remarked it with excitement.

The others smiled knowingly, and Sehun's enthusiasm for the dance-off was also obvious.

"Of course. Dance competitions for both individuals and couples will be held.

Since Min and Soo are responsible for making the announcement, I shall delegate those decisions to them.

They will decide on the time, place and criteria."

"Well, that'll do." After saying this, Jongdae turned to one of their maids and motioned for her to approach.

"Hey, do you know the whereabouts of Minnie and Soo?

The maid replied, "Kyungsoo is in the library, and Minseok is with the new patient," and Jongdae nodded to dismiss her.

A dissatisfied huff was heard, making the three brothers look towards the youngest.

"Sehun- ah, you are still upset with Minseok about Baekhyun? "Jongin asked, seeing Sehun's moody face.

Instead of answering them, Sehun just sighed and totally ignored them.

But before they said anything, Junmyeon entered the room, taking everyone's attention.

Junmyeon seemed to have entered with some important news because of how serious his face looked.

"What is it? Chanyeol inquired.

"Our men are back. We got almost all the information about Baekhyun."

Right at that moment, both Minseok and Kyungsoo entered, and after getting their attention, Junmyeon continued.

"He lived in an average agricultural family with his parents.

But last year, his father took a large loan from a local lender to buy more land.

But he gave the money for the property to some fraudsters, and he lost everything.

The money he lent was secured by the lease on his home, and the individual who made the loan was quite ruthless.

As a result of his parent's failure to repay the loan, Baekhyun was taken against his will and sold into slavery.

But after three days, he finally found a way to get out and get here."

The listeners in the room had a variety of emotions.

 Everyone else was filled with pity and despair, but not Chanyeol. He was simmering with rage, but he didn't show it to others.

How could someone do something so heinous? And what was Baekhyun's fault in all of this?

Junmyeon sighed and continued slowly.
"Worse, Baekhyun may not be aware that his parents ended their lives after learning that their kid became a slave.

They undoubtedly thought he'd never be able to escape his fate."

Everyone was stunned enough to speak for a moment.
Who would have thought that the fragile-looking boy in their house had gone through so much, and how would he handle the news of his parent's deaths?
Chanyeol moved first. He stood up and looked at the others.
"I am going to Father and will explain everything, and Junmyeon, please inform every single one of our men to be aware of the Seongyon people.

There is no way we are going to send Baekhyun back to those people. Tell Yixing too." With that, Chanyeol and Junmyeon left the room.

Kyungsoo sat beside his husband, gently resting his head on Jongin's shoulder.

"How will we tell Baekhyun about his parents?"
Kyungsoo had tears in his eyes, the image of his late mother flashing across his head.

Jongin caressed his back, soothingly silencing him.

He is aware of how much Kyungsoo misses his mother, and after hearing Baekhyun's story, that sadness has only grown.

"We don't have to immediately inform him of anything. Let him recover completely.

And even then, I'm sure he won't return to Seongyon. There is therefore plenty of time."

Everyone agrees with what Jongin said.  

Baekhyun doesn't have to know anything now.

"Also, we should inform all our maids and helpers to keep quiet about him.

And I think we should ban them from saying his name too.

We can come up with some other name, or we can ask Baekhyun about which name he would like to be called." Jongdae suggested.

A slight nod was given by everyone, and with that, Jongdae left the room to do what he said.

Sehun, on the other hand, has a lot on his mind.

He acknowledges he was mistaken about Baekhyun. But that isn't the issue right now.

Kyungsoo is not alone in missing his paren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter