Chapter 1

The Beautiful Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The torrential downpour of heavy rain has made the already dark forest much darker.

In Pyeong-on's steep districts, the downpour has already started to trigger landslides, making residents aware and quite alarmed.

The peaceful, restful night they experienced the day before was replaced with a spooky, thunderstorm-accompanied night.

Nobody wants to leave the security of their house and the company of their loved ones right now to brave the downpour.

But regrettably, you can see a young man sprinting through the dense woodland in an attempt to get away from the people who are pursuing him and their bloody hands.

He is worn out; his vigour has long since run out. He can't stop now, though.

Stopping now would result in his death—a terrible death.

After everything, he is prepared to die, in hell. He only wishes to pass away, but not at the hands of those abhorrent individuals.

So, he ran through the woods in search of the freedom he desired with what little resolve he still had.

The one-week-old wound on his forehead has reopened, and the blood combined with the precipitation is obstructing his drooping eyes from seeing anything. He is bleeding from his bare feet now.

Even when he was about to fall, he didn't stop.

He notices that the amount of forest is dwindling and surmises that in a few steps, he will pass the boundary and enter another territory.

And it was his final thought before he lost consciousness and fell into the swampy ground.

 

......................................................................................................................................................................................

The lovely flowers blooming in the Parks family yard were already devastated by the powerful gusty winds and cloudburst.

Minseok sighed dejectedly as he saw the wild surroundings outside.
To check on Kyungsoo's sleep status, he turned his attention back to the bed. When he realised Kyungsoo was still sleeping, he exhaled in relief.
And he asks God to spare the night from any thunder.

He has often observed how it affects Kyungsoo, so he is certain that it will awaken him.

It will revive every negative memory he has hidden deep inside. And if he has a panic attack today, Jongin is sadly not here to comfort him.

Jongin and Sehun are on their way to handle some trade difficulties and will return tomorrow.

And, given the abrupt atmosphere, they will undoubtedly arrive later than intended.
Minseok and Kyungsoo share a room when they have to leave the house to attend to business affairs.

Mainly because Kyungsoo needs someone near him at night.

Before marriage, they used to share a room too.

Minseok leapt up as a result of the abrupt lightning and was close to Kyungsoo in an instant.

The thunder that followed the lighting was terrifying, jolting Kyungsoo awake.
He began shivering as if he didn't know where he was or who was with him, and the darkness and sound of rain made him short of breath.

" Kyungsoo-ah, don't worry... I'm here to keep you secure. You are in your room at home. Please, sweetheart, take a deep breath..."

Minseok hugged him closely, massaging his back softly. However, when the thunderstorm intensified, Kyungsoo began to sob.

Minseok felt helpless and considered running to find their mother. But, at the same time, he can't abandon Kyungsoo.

 

Fortunately for him, Kyungsoo gradually began to understand the circumstances and the people around him.

"Minnie? "

Minseok released Kyungsoo from his embrace and stepped back to see his face. As soon as he noticed Kyungsoo beginning to breathe steadily, he felt calmer.

It's me,  You're all right, hm. Would you like me to call Mum?

Kyungsoo gave a dismissive headshake. He merely sighed.

When will he grow accustomed to nights like these?
He had been pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter