2// Being The Queen

Miracles From The Moonlight // Lee Yeong x Hong RaOn (Love In The Moonlight AU)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June,Year 1832
The Queen's Palace (JungGungJeon)

'JungJeon-mama, I understand that you want to go out and have some fresh air but his majesty has specifically ordered just for today that you take a rest since you had vomited after breakfast today.

RaOn sighed and pouted as she played with the beautiful norigaes (An ornament sometimes ladies used as incense pouch or simply an accessory) that hanged on her hanbok.

Wearing a pastel purple queen's robe with the gold embroidered dragon seals on both of her shoulders and front torso, she looked as elegant and mature as ever.

As the years passed, RaOn had bloomed and aged just perfectly. Entering womanhood was one of the most precious moments for her since she never really got to live and experience the life of a woman since she was young.

Back to the queen's chambers, the gold dragon binyeo (the hair pin worn by married women) shined through the reflection of the light from the windows as she tilts her head in frustration.

'아니 (Ani).... I've already told you that it's fine to simply take a stroll. Also, the royal physician just confirmed that I'm only in the early stages of pregnancy.'

As RaOn prepared herself to stand up, her court ladies all quickly rush to their knees with half panicked and worried expressions. Yet again another attempt to stop her reckless and free-spirited nature.

'Please reconsider your decision JungJeon- mama.... We have to help you and protect you especially right now as you are carrying the sacred heir for our great kingdom.'

Left to sigh and give up, RaOn could hardly contain her annoyance as she subtly rolled her eyes.

But even before she could speak, the loud voice of Eunuch Do whom was now assigned to serve as RaOn's chief eunuch boomed through the walls of her huge chamber announcing the arrival of the queen's guests.

'Her Royal Highness, MyeongEun gong ju and the Master Jung DeokHo arrives'

Startled and a little delighted at the unexpected visit of her now sister-in-law and brother-in-law, RaOn smiles as she tucks her hands into the pockets of her robes and organized her posture to welcome the visitors.

The doors to her chambers simultaneously slide open and immediately she is met with the smiling face of the princess whom as always looked beautiful and fresh.

The princess's husband, Master Jung respectfully tucks both of his hand in front and bow with the princess to respectfully greet the queen.

Inevitably, since RaOn had now took on the role as Yeong's official wife and the queen consort of Joseon. She had also moved up the hierarchy and became the highest-ranking woman in the whole kingdom.

'JungJeon-mama, I apologize for not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter