five

(UNTITLED) Vampire Yeji & Human Lia

After Yuna and Lia left; Ryujin and Chaeryeong clean the mess and leave Yeji deep in thought. They return most of the things back to its normal places like nothing happened in this room. They also throw the broken pieces of glass and just leave the window broken. Ryujin rearrange the chairs and tables back while Chaeryeong approached Yeji who is sitting on the teacher’s table.

 

 

 

“Yeji unnie” Chaeryeong called. Its Yeji’s weakness when they call her with honorific. She avoids looking back to her.

 

 

 

Few years ago; they agreed to each other and promised that they won’t revealed their true nature and will not hurt humans or kill them using their skills, and Yeji is the one that had difficulty adjusting with it. They buy tons of blood bags to replenish their thirst as an alternative instead of kidnapping random human and kill them, but Yeji preferred the blood came directly from a bite.

 

 

Chaeryeong and Ryujin want to live a normal life like humans that they didn’t experience when they’re still alive. Ryujin used to live in the street and snatched bag just to have something to eat, while Chaeryeong spend her whole life lying in the hospital bed.   They want to spend their second life living a normal life, no health problem, no snatching, no crime including killing humans just for their blood. Yeji is not against with it but the anger inside her made her.

 

 

 

But that is not the reason why she’s mad right now.

 

 

 

“Why did you do that? We promised” Chaeryeong calmly asked her. Yeji almost killed him, she almost destroyed their classroom, and she almost revealed her nature which is not good, especially to for her.

 

 

 

“That guy is so annoying. He keeps on coming to Lia. I already told him to stay away from her” Yeji glares to Haechan who is still lying unconsciously in the floor.

 

 

 

“But you don’t have to hurt him unnie, just talk to him about it”

 

 

 

“I already told him but he won’t stop flirting with her. I have no choice but to kill him “Chaeryeong sighed she sometimes really can’t understand Yeji. At first she hates Lia so much and now she doesn’t want anyone to come near her.

 

 

 

“You’re stupid” ” Ryujin uttered. Yeji turn her glares to her.

 

 

 

“You’re pissed because he won’t oblige to you and now you want to kill him because he wants to be friends with Lia, you’re really stupid. Who do you think you are for him to follow?” Ryujin said. Yeji stood up and grab her collars. She glares to her eyes slowly glows to red.

 

 

 

“What did you said?”

 

 

 

“I said you’re stupid. You don’t have the right to stop him to be Lia’s friend” Ryujin reply calmly despite the mad Yeji is front of her.

 

 

 

“He’s not trying to be friend with her, he’s trying to flirt!” Yeji emphasized.

 

 

 

“So what’s your problem with that? If he really likes her then he has the right to flirt with her” Yeji gritted her teeth. Her sharp fangs slowly revealed as she try to calm herself and not to fight with her sister.

 

 

 

“What do you think you will feel if someone flirts with Yuna?”

 

 

 

“Of course I’ll get mad. I have the right because she’s my girlfriend, but Lia is not your girlfriend meaning, you don’t have the right. …” Ryujin said

 

 

 

 “… Unless, you’re in love to a human again” Yeji’s grip on her collar tightens. Ryujin scoffed.

 

 

 

“You’re in love to Lia?” She’s shaking in anger. Falling in love to a human is not a good joke for her. She will never fall for a human again.  It angers her more that Ryujin thinks that she’ll fall to a human again. She promised herself it wills never going to happen again.

 

 

 

Yeji let go of her. She doesn’t want to talk about it. She avoids talking about it. It still hurt her and angers her remembering her past. She can’t just hit her own sister even how mad she is. She glares to Ryujin before she left the room.

 

 

One of the skills vampire has is teleportation. They can teleport whenever they want. She didn’t join her sister in the car, she return to their house by herself and went straight to her room. She drops herself on her bed and stares on the ceiling.

 

 

 

She can’t get off her mind the words Ryujin said. It can’t be that she’s in love to a human again, she can’t accept it... She promises to herself not fall for a human again and she will never. How come she’s in love to Lia if she just doesn’t want anyone to come near her? She’s not in love to her, she just want to always beside her. She doesn’t even like her, she just want her blood, her tasty blood that she will never find to others.

 

 

 

The taste of Lia’s sweet blood is perfect for Yeji. She’s addict to it and it’s the only blood she wants to drink. And whenever she sees her fair skin, she always wants to bite and mark it. Her beautiful eyes that never fail to attract her. Her eyes that she only wants to focus on her. Her innocence that made Yeji wants her more.

 

 

 

Every time Yeji  sees Lia; she feels like her body has its own mind and will come to Lia and taste her, And every time she think about her; her feet will automatically drag to where Lia is. If Lia is a toy; she is Yeji’s most favorite toy. She’s so beautiful, she’s so kind, and she’s so simple, she has everything that Yeji want to someone. She’s so addicting and she’s addicted to her. She’s so addicted to her the she doesn’t others to be-

 

 

Yeji suddenly felt a movement inside her. She sits up and feels the movement inside her with her palm. It’s not normal for her to feel something inside her. She’s a vampire, her body is dead already that’s why her body is cold. None of their organs function anymore, expect to their brain, because their bodies are dead but why there is something moving inside her. It feels like it wants to get out of her chest. It feels like there is something beating inside her. There’s something might living inside her. She hit her chest hard in hope to stop whatever is moving inside her but it still didn’t stop. She panics and immediately rushes to Chaeryeong’s lab. She saw Chaeryeong with Ryujin talking inside.

 

 

 

“Chaeryeong-ah! You have to operate me.  There is something inside my chest!”  She rushes on the bed and lay on it. They look to her; both are confused by her sudden appearance.

 

 

 

“W-what did you said?”Chaeryeong asked.

 

 

 

“There’s something moving inside me!” Yeji shouted. Chaeryeong approaches her. She places her palm on her chest and tries to find out what’s inside her. A smile appears on her face when she felt what she’s talking about.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry unnie, you’re just fine. I don’t need to operate you, it’s not harmful at all” But Chaeryeong’s answer didn’t satisfy Yeji.

 

 

 

“What do you mean?”Yeji is confused to what Chaeryeong said.

 

 

 

“It’s just you heart pumping” Yeji and Ryujin are both surprised. Her beating heart is the reason why she can feel movement inside her. But she can’t understand how that possible when her body is already dead.

 

 

 

“Welcome to the club unnie” Ryujin cheerily greet her making her feel more confused. She can’t understand them.

 

 

 

“I can’t understand. How? Why?”

 

 

 

“You’re in love unnie. You and Ryujin are now they same. You both have your heart beating again” Chaeryeong told her.

 

 

 

“Can’t you remember that feeling when you’re in love before?”

 

 

 

Yeji did felt it before, before her ex betrayed her. She also panic that time and rushes to Chaeryeong and asked her help. It’s normal for an impure vampire’s heart to start beating when they are in love because they still have blood in their body. It will circulate once again, giving warm to her body. That’s why Ryujin is the least cold compare to the three of them. But if she’s is really in love, to whom?

 

 

 

Her sight landed to Ryujin who is smiling back to her. She suddenly remembered what she said earlier.

 

 

 

‘…You’re in love to Lia … ‘Yeji can’t accept it.  She can’t fall for a human. She hates humans so much. There is no way she’ll fall for Lia.

 

 

 

“No! It can’t be!” Yeji blurted.

 

 

 

“What?” Her sister asked her.

 

 

 

“It can’t be. I’m not in love to Lia.  I will never fall for Lia. She’s a human. I hate human. I just want her blood, her skin, her-” Yeji continuously said but she stop when Chaeryeong spoke.

 

 

 

“No one say you’re in love to Lia” Yeji’s eyes widened. She’s right no one said it but it just came to her mind.  She feels herself starts breathing heavily. The beating inside her got louder and louder.

 

 

 

“So you’re saying you’re in love to Lia?” Ryujin asked. That’s the question Yeji hate to hear. It made her angry.

She stood up and grab Ryujin’s collar. Her eyes are glowing red. She’s not in love to Lia. How many times does she have to tell them?

 

 

 

“Say that again and I will kill you” Yeji threaten Ryujin. She had enough hearing that question. Ryujin remain calm, she knew Yeji well and she knows she can’t kill her.

 

 

“You’re in love to Lia” Ryujin repeated.

 

 

 

“I’m not!”

 

 

 

“Then prove it” Ryujin challenge her. It made Yeji shut .  They’re both looking to each other, waiting who will speak first.

 

 

 

“I want Lia’s head” Ryujin said. Yeji was taken aback by her challenge.

 

 

 

“W-what? How?”

 

 

 

“I want Lia’s head. Find her, kill her, just cut her neck and give me her head. That’s how easy it is … “Yeji can’t believe Ryujin is asking her to kill Lia.

 

 

 

“Are you crazy?!” Yeji yelled.

 

 

 

“Ryujin what are you doing?” Chaeryeong asked her.

 

 

 

“She hates humans, right? She’s a human. Then kill her! Humans are worthless for you anyways” Ryujin smirked. “Unless she’s special to you and you can’t do it”

 

 

 

Ryujin is really trying her and Yeji is aware of it. If that’s the only way to stop her questioning her, then she’s do it. Besides, Lia is just their server.

 

 

 

She immediately left Chaeryeong’s lab, bringing a machete with her. She went to Lia’s room but she didn’t find her there, so she asked their driver for Lia and he told her that Lia is with her friend who asked her to walk her home. It angers Yeji knowing Lia is with someone again. Who is another guy trying to flirt to Lia? Yeji doesn’t care who is he, she won’t allowed him to make Lia his. He orders their driver to follow find and follow them.

 

 

 

Yeji found them walking towards the direction of the dark forest. She doubts that they are just going home; they will probably going out for a date.  Yeji is mad because Lia is going out with someone. Plus, Lia d beside disobeyed her again even how many time she told her to stay beside her. She already trusted Lia that she will not disobeyed her anymore but now she’s beside someone else. Humans really can’t be trusted.

 

 

 

When they got near, she didn’t hesitate to get out of the car and grab Lia’s wrist and drag her inside the car. The guy tries to stop him but he’s not fast enough. It’s the same guy again. The guy she saw earlier with Lia in the cafeteria.  He must be her suitor.

 

 

 

“Aw! Yeji-sshi it hurts!” Lia whimpers. Her hand already changed colors because of Yeji’s hard grip on it.

 

 

 

Whenever Lia’s with else; she’s always smiling, but when she’s with Yeji; all she did is to complain. She can’t understand why she’s happy with someone else. But if she can’t make Lia happy with her, then she’ll not let anyone do.

 

 

 

Yeji asked the driver to stop the car in the middle of the road. She picked up the machete and dragged Lia out the car with her. She dragged Lia inside the forest, not far from the road. Lia’s groans and whimpers echoes on the forest but she doesn’t care about it. If she can’t make Lia happy with her, then she’ll just kill her so no one will. If she’s not allowed to kill Lia’s suitors, then she will just kill Lia instead. If she can’t have Lia, then she won’t allow anyone does

 

 

 

Her mind is blank. All she wants to do is to kill Lia. She punches Lia causing her to fall on the ground. Yeji pulls the machete out as Lia tries to move away from her still on the ground. Lia’s aware to what Yeji is going to do to her. She looks a bit dizzy and weak maybe because she punched her, but Yeji doesn’t care all she wants is to kill her.

 

 

 

Yeji grip tightly on the machete and grabbed Lia’s leg and pulled her closer to her. Lia starts sobbing and shouting for help.

 

 

 

“Please don’t” Lia grips on her leg and begs for her life. Yeji just kick her. She grabs her hair and pulled it up. Her grip tightens on the machete. Lia’s still crying and sobbing hard.

 

 

 

‘… just cut her neck …’

 

 

 

Yeji raised the machete above her head.

 

 

 

‘… just cut her neck …’

 

 

 

She swings the machete to her neck.

 

 

 

‘… just cut her neck …’

 

 

 

A pair of hand blocked the machete, causing huge wounds on it. Bloods flow out to the machete and to the ground. Lia block the machete using her hand. It didn’t made Yeji stop but Lia’s cries and sobs made her.

 

 

 

Lia is crying and sobbing so hard not because of the pain she’s feeling but because of the fear she’s feeling. She still doesn’t want to die. She’s an orphan but it never comes to her mind to suicide. She might be unworthy for their eyes but she also has dreams that she wanted to achieve.

 

 

 

“Please don’t kill. Jute bites me every time you want. Just hurt, kick me, and punch me, anything that satisfy. Just do everything you want just don’t kill me please”

 

 

 

Yeji froze on her position.  Seeing Lia crying this hard and begging for her life made her feel weak.  Every tear escapes her eyes gives pain in Yeji’s chest. She’s so innocent, how can she just hurt her like this?

 

 

 

“Please, I’m begging you” Lia cries. She’s holding onto Yeji’s legs begging for her mercy.

 

 

 

‘No, this can’t be. I have to kill her ‘Yeji thought but her body has its own mind. Her hand dropped the machete on the ground. She feels weak as she listen more to her cries.

 

 

 

 Lia cries more. She felt relief. She’s trembling in fears but she’s still thankful that Yeji didn’t kill her.

 

 

 

Yeji is trembling. The beatings inside became louder and faster. She can’t understand herself. She doesn’t know what is happening to her, one thing she knew is …

 

 

 

She’s in love to Lia.

 

 

 

 

 

The door cracked open, a tall guy enters the house. He wears off his blazer and dropped himself on the couch.  He feels so frustrated. He messes his hair and loosen his tie before he let out a deep sigh.

 

 

 

“Did you get her already?” A guy sits opposite to him.

 

 

 

“No, that stupid Hwang destroy my plan” He clenched his fist.

 

 

 

“It’s just an easy task!” The guy yells.

 

 

 

“I know, just give me more time. I can do it, trust me”

 

 

 

“If you say so, but don’t take too long. If you need help, just tell me. I trust you … Hyunjin” He stood up and left him alone there.

 

 

 

“I won’t disappoint you hyung “He clenched his first harder as his eyes turn to glowing yellow.