four

(UNTITLED) Vampire Yeji & Human Lia

Hours passed and the bell finally indicating the class is over. The school’s bell serves as an alarm clock for Yeji and it’s the only alarm exists that satisfy her the most. She sits up straight and watches their other classmates fix their books and other things back to their bags while the other just rushes their way out of the room. She doesn’t have any on her desk for her to fix while the desk beside her still have it textbooks scattered on its desk.. If fact she doesn’t bring any textbooks or school materials in her bag, just her registration card, a pen and a grey hooded jacket. She doesn’t have to bring any school stuffs in her bag, she won’t use it anyway. Besides, she has her own locker in this school where she put all her school materials.

 

 

 

She waited all their classmates to gone out of their room before she goes out, like what she always does. The rest are already out but this one classmate of them still didn’t. He has his bag hanging on his shoulder while he looks to their direction. She doesn’t like the way he look. It made her slowly feel anger to him. To be precise, he’s looking to Lia who haven’t wake up yet. He slowly approaches Lia; it made her become angrier.

 

 

 

“Stay the away!” She barked before he could even come close, but it didn’t stop him from approaching Lia.

 

 

 

“You off, I’m not here to talk to you” He sat beside Lia and gently rubbed his palm of her shoulder as he tries to wake her up. Yeji didn’t like his action; she immediately stood up from her seat and push Haechan away from Lia causing him to fall on the floor.

 

 

 

“Stay the away from her if you don’t want to get hurt” She threaten him.

 

 

 

“What the is wrong with you? I’m just going to wake Lia up, what’s your problem with that?!” Haechan dropped his bag and aggressively approaches Yeji with his clench fists. He got mad immediately.  He had enough of Yeji always pushing him away whenever he tries to talk with Lia. He had enough of Yeji always looking down to him.

 

 

 

“Why are you always trying to push me away from her? Are you her girlfriend?”He grabbed her collar and pulls it.

 

 

 

Yeji tries to calm herself and not to beat this guy in front of her. She’s worrying that she might revealed her true nature if she loses control to this guy and she don’t want that to happen. She’s afraid that incident that happened before might happen again.

 

She’s not her girlfriend or any. That won’t happen and she will never allow herself to fall for a human once again. She is just their servant, just a servant that works for them. She just doesn’t want anybody to be near her or to be near Lia. She’s just hers, everything about Lia is hers.  She doesn’t want anybody to have Lia’s attention, she only want it on her.

 

 

 

“Why can’t you speak Hwang? Huh?! Because she doesn’t like you, and you’re afraid that I might get her, is that’s why?” She took a deep breath as she tries to calm herself.  He’s so confident that Lia will fall for him and his confidence only made her angrier. She won’t allow Lia fall to this kind of man.

 

 

 

“This is a warning, let go of me if you still want to see the sunlight tomorrow” He scoff to her threats before he tighten his grips on her collar.

 

 

 

“Don’t try to scare me Hwang; I am not scared of you and no one will. No one cares for you that’s why you’re always alone, because no one loves you. You’re worthless-“

 

 

 

Before he could even end his words; he flew to the other side of the room. His back hits hard onto the bookshelf before he falls on the floor, followed by the bookshelf which falls on top of him. Hitting his back and putting pressure on it. He lay unconsciously on the floor.

 

 

 

Yeji has her eyes glowing red. It hit her hard. His words hit her. It’s true; she’s always alone and none in this school cares for even their professors, they all just ignore her existence. She doesn’t even have any friends. Chaeryeong and Ryujin don’t talk to her when they’re in school, even when they’re home it’s very rare that one of her sisters talk to her. They both have their own group of friends except to her. There are days that she don’t talk or speak any the whole day. She’s fine with it; being alone by herself than be friends with humans, but she didn’t expect that it will hurt her this much when someone said it in front of her.

 

 

 

Haechan always give her a hard time. Ever since Lia came; she always have to make sure he will not get close to Lia because of it she can’t get a good sleep in her seat. She had enough of him always trying to flirt with Lia and always trying to make her fall for him even if how many times she told him to stay away from her. She’s tired of doing it.

 

 

 

Something suddenly came up in her mind; she won’t need to make sure he will not flirt with Lia anymore if she gets rid of him. That idea made her smirk. She’s don’t have to worry anymore if his dead already.

 

 

 

Yeji walks to the shelves in the back of the room and pick up the baseball bat that displayed on it. She slowly walk near him and stood beside his head that is out under the bookshelf. She swings the bat above her head; planning to hit his head to kill him.

 

 

 

Yes, Yeji’s a vampire but she refuse to drink his blood. She’s doesn’t want to drink his dirty blood. She will rather enjoy watching his blood flow out from his head after she hit him.  She fixes her glares on his head; making sure her aims is on his head.  She tighten her grip on the bat , putting pressure in her arms. She want make sure to hit break his whole head when she hit him.

 

 

 

Warm hands suddenly wrapped around her waist and pulling her away from him, It made Yeji stop because of the sudden contact.

 

 

 

“Please stop, don’t kill him” Lia begged. Yeji can feel Lia’s heart beating.

 

 

 

Lia is hugging her from her back. Stopping and begging her not to kill Haechan. Lia doesn’t want her to kill him. Is it because she cares for him? Is he important for her? Does she love him? No matter what the reason is for stopping her. She doesn’t like that Lia stopped her just to protect Haechan. It made angrier. She feels betrayed.

 

 

 

Yeji removes Lia’s arms around her waist. She turns around and sees Lia trembling in fear as she slowly steps backwards away from her. She pushes her and Lia hit her back onto the windows; breaking some the glass windows. She didn’t wait for her to fall on the floor, she immediately grab her by her neck and pusher onto the wall. She’s mad that Lia is protecting Haechan.

 

 

 

“Why are you protecting him?” Lia’s hands are trying to loosen her grip or her neck but she only makes it tighter.

 

 

 

“I’m asking you!” She punched the wall beside her head.

 

 

 

As much as Lia wanted to answer her, she can’t. Yeji’s grip on her neck is too tight, its putting too much pressure on which stopping her from able to speak.

 

 

 

Lia’s not protecting Haechan. He’s a bully why would she even protect him? She often caught him bullying their juniors especially in the cafeteria. Besides, he is so annoying. He always goes to her side just to tell her nonsense things. He’s so touchy to her and its making her feel uncomfortable.

 

 

 

She’s not protecting Haechan, she’s protecting Yeji. She knows Yeji, she knew she loses control when she’s mad, and she knows what she can do. Yeji does things that normal human can do, things that not normal for human to see. She’s afraid that Yeji might do something that normal human won’t understand. She’s just protecting her identity, her true nature from Haechan, who is a human.

Yeji might never treat her well, but Chaeryeong and Ryujin does. She wants to help them to keep their nature a secret. She doesn’t want bad things happen to them if other humans who don’t understand them found out their nature. But It seems like Yeji misunderstood it.

 

 

 

 

Tears start to flow down her cheeks. Lia’s lacking of oxygen already but It seems like Yeji doesn’t care about it. Her eyes are still glowing red, she’s still mad. Lia want to apologize and beg for her to stop but she can’t even speak because she’s choking her.

 

 

 

“She just did the right thing, Yeji-sshi” 

 

 

 

Chaeryeong appeared beside them. Her hands reached to Yeji’s hand that is on Lia’s neck and pull it away. Lia falls on the floor. She’s coughing badly as she tries to catch up her breathe. She’s thankful that Chaeryeong came to help her.

 

 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you to mind your own business?” Yeji glared to Chaeryeong.

 

 

 

“How many time do I have to tell you that I’m minding my business” Chaeryeong help Lia up.

 

 

 

If Chaeryeong is not her sister; Yeji might fight with her too. Chaeryeong is always there acting like Lia’s savior. Lia like her the most. She always stays in Chaeryeong’s lab whenever they’re in home.  She thinks she’s the kindest, she think she’s the smartest, she think she’s the best. Yeji can’t understand why Lia chooses Chaeryeong; they are just the same, they are both vampire, she’s older than Chaeryeong, she’ even stronger than her.

 

 

 

Ryujin appeared inside room. She lifted back the bookshelf back to it s place and return every books back on it. She also picked up the broke pieces of the glass from the window. Ryujin is cleaning the mess she did. Yeji is still glaring to Chaeryeong, the glowing red in her eyes are still there.

 

 

 

Yuna arrived in the room. Chaeryeong asked her to bring Lia to their car which she obliges. Yuna hang Lia’s arm around her shoulders and support her as she walk to the car.

 

 

 

“Wait how about them? We can’t just leave them” Lia is worried the sisters are left alone in their room and Yeji is still angry. She’s afraid that she might her own sisters too.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry, they’re just going to talk” Yuna assure her.  They see their driver waiting outside the, he open the car door for them but Lia refused to enter. She wants to wait for the others.

 

 

 

“Lia!” They saw a man running towards their direction. He comes close and Lia finally recognize him.

 

 

 

“Hey, why are you still here?” Lia greeted him with a smile. She won’t deny that there is something fluttering inside her whenever she sees him. He smiles brightly to her as he arrived in front of her.

 

 

 

“You don’t remember?” Lia shook her head which cause him to pout.

 

 

 

“You agreed earlier that you will let me take you home” She forgot that she agreed about it with him earlier. Her mind is occupied by Yeji. She’s worrying too much about her and her sisters that is why she forgot about their deal. Lia haven’t told Chaeryeong about it and she doesn’t think it’s a right timing to ask for permission to her.

 

 

 

“I don’t think I’m allowed to, I still have to ask my –“

 

 

 

“Your friend! Yeah you’re best friend. Don’t worry I’m okay with it” Yuna interrupt her and pushes Lia towards him. Lia brows creased.

 

 

 

“Why did you say that? Chaeryeong might get angry” She whispered to Yuna.

 

 

 

“Trust me unnie, she won’t. Beside, don’t let your boyfriend wait you two still have a lot of sweet things to do” Yuna whispered back, playfully winked to her before she pushes her once again.

 

 

 

“He’s not my boyfriend Yuna”

 

 

 

“Just make sure to bring her home before midnight” Yuna told him. He smiles shyly.

 

 

 

“Wait, wait no I should ask Chaeryeong first” Lia insisted but Yuan keep pushing her.

 

 

 

“I’ll just tell unnie later”

 

 

 

“What you will tell to me later?” Chaeryeong arrived followed by Ryujin behind her. Yeji is not with them anymore.

 

 

 

“Lia’s boyfriend is asking if he could take unnie home” Lia felt embarrass because of Yuna. She glances to him and see him still smiling shyly.

 

 

 

Chaeryeong and Ryujin stared to the guy. They are silently judging him and Lia is aware to it. She looks to him and the shy smile on his face turn to a nervous one. He can’t look back to them, maybe because he’s too shy.

 

 

 

“Okay”

 

 

 

Yuna starts clapping excitedly after Chaeryeong said it. Lia is surprised; she didn’t expect they allowed her. Ryujin has her thumbs up to her. She looks to him once again; he’s smiling widely and it made her felt something inside her.

 

 

 

They left the two of them as they ride the car back home. They walk their way back home just like what he asked. He told her that she know a shortcut back to their house so she just follows him. Quiet atmosphere surrounded; none of them are talking, they just walk side by side making it feel awkward. They walk onto the dark road that only the moon brightens the road. Lia suddenly remember something.

 

 

 

“You haven’t told me your name yet” She broke the silence between them. He smirks as he reaches his hand to her head and messes her hair.

 

 

 

“The deal is I’ll tell you my name if you let me take you home; we haven’t arrived to your home yet so I won’t tell my name yet”

 

 

 

“That’s not fair” She sulked. She walks faster leaving him behind but when she felt a back pain let out a groan and stopped. Probably because of what happen earlier. He notices it so he immediately rushes to her.

 

 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

 

 

Lia told him that’s she’s fine and she just felt a pain in her back. He asked her what happened but she lied; telling him that she doesn’t know why. He offered her to carry her bag but she refused, he still insists to carry her bag so Lia just let him.

 

 

 

They continue walking to dark road back to the vampire mansion but Lia notice something. It her first time going to this dark road, they never pass here when they’re going or leaving school and how can he knows where she live, she haven’t even tell him her address yet.

 

 

 

“Wait how did you know where I live?”

 

 

 

“Oh that? I always notice you arriving in the same limo with Ryujin. She’s famous in the campus even to daylight classes. Let just say I found out you’re living with them because of her “He explain. She didn’t ask anymore and just stay quiet.

 

 

 

She notices the road is getting darker and darker.  She’s certain now that this is not the way back to the mansion. Before she could even ask him; she felt a hand grab her wrist and make her turn around.

 

 

 

It’s Yeji.

 

 

 

“You’re going with me” She aggressively pulls her away.

 

 

 

“Hey! She’s with me”  He tries to stop her but Yeji already pushed her inside the car and drive away.