Chapter 2

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She found herself in an almost dark, misty forest. Except for her, no one else was present. Apart from the massive trees that surround her. Until she hears a voice, and then another, and then several more. All of them are calling out her name. Telling her it was all her fault. In her panic, she runs and runs with no clear destination. However, the voices continue to follow her. Mocking her for fleeing yet again.

“STOPPPPPPP” she holds her ears, trying to block the voices but to no avail, the voices become louder.

“It was because of you Taeyeon!!!”

“If you fix this, we won’t suffer!”

“You’re a coward Kim Taeyeon”

“You don’t deserve to be happy. She left because of you!”

“No.No.No. Please stop. It’s not my fault. I’ve done everything I can. I-i…”

“You crush my dreams, Taeyeon. You’re the reason I lost my happiness!”. That voice. She turned around to look for the source of that voice. Anyone who hears the voice knows how much she despises Taeyeon. Her eyes are moist. Shaking her head, telling them it was not her fault. She, too, was a victim. She had no power. She was weak but she fought like others too.

“We trust you, Taeyeon. We trust you to lead us. But what you’ve done? We’re miserable because of you. You failed us, Taeyeon.” Another familiar voice said. Like the other voices, it full of venom, piercing Taeyeon’s heart, her whole being.

“You’re there. You knew, I begged them. You knew, I’d done everything I can. I suffered too”. I’m still suffering like you guys. She said in her mind, does not have enough energy to shout at the faceless voices. Tired of running she slumped onto the ground. Does not care if the rough surface will scratch her body.

The mocking voices are too loud for her. She tried and wanted to block them, but their words are finally sink in her mind. Finally, she agrees to the voices. It was all her fault. She should put in more effort. She was the cause of this chaos. She has no right to live blissfully after causing others pain.

 

 

Eyes wide open and pyjamas damp from excessive sweating, she roughly rubs her face trying to control her breathe. Her bedroom is dark, but it gives her the solace she requires after her not so nice dream. It still vivid and this fact makes her uneasy. After contemplating for a few hours, she hurriedly jumped out from her bed, grab the easiest outfit and her phone, she went out of her house trying to mend things and grabbing her second chance.

 

 

 

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, Taeyeon-ah”

“Please, seonsaengnim. Help me. I-I want to-“

“It was just a nightmare. You don’t need to dwell on it. Afterall, everything was in the past. People has move on. All of us are moving on. And you, Taeyeon-ah” he points his index finger to the girl who looks so pitiful rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter