2 - Strong (Boy)friend

Kyuwook Fest 2022 ~ a short ficlet collection~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Strong (boy)friend – When Ryeowook catches some undesired attention, it's his strong (boy)friend that comes to his rescue. And thank you very much!

 

The following day, touring once again the exceptionally bright London had never felt any more deserved than that. Needless to say that the concert had been a huge success and for Super Junior hearing the fans scream their names, chant their songs, reply to their silly questions on stage was just like a breather of fresh air. They were undoubtedly missing all the love and support their extensive fandom only could show them after spending unwavering, solid years focusing on each and every one of the members, let alone the group activities.

However, all good things were bound to end at some point and even their European adventure couldn’t be any lesser. The members still had one more day to spend around the City and all eight of them had different plans according to their own unique preferences, therefore the big group split in smaller clusters to go about their day.

Everyone had more or less decided what to do… except for the younger ones.

“Come on, you can sit at the bar anytime at home!” Ryeowook was arguing in front of Kyuhyun. The two were standing under some fresh shade cast by the trees alongside the gardens just outside the Tate Modern, alongside the Thames.

“No, sir!” Kyuhyun was fighting back, trying his very hard to prove a point “Back at home we are celebrities! There is no chance in hell I can get some privacy and go to a freaking restaurant without being surrounded by fans!”

Then he quickly turned around to point at a nearby bench, where the D&E duo was quietly sitting, a sumptuous ice cream cone each, like two content kids.

“They could never sit at a park eating ice cream like that!” Kyuhyun added with a sigh, earning two innocent stares from both Donghae and Eunhyuk, who looked quite used to the bickering now.

“Do you think they’ll manage to find a solution?” Donghae whispered to Eunhyuk, who simply shrugged and kept on enjoying his sweet treat.

”You think I don’t know that, Kyu?!” Ryeowook nodded “But how many more times we will get the chance to be in London? Don’t you want to take a walk and visit the city? We can squeeze in a drink at a pub later!” the man pouted, tugging Kyuhyun’s arm as a way to try and convince him.

“I’m too tired to walk, Ryeong. We spent four hours dancing and jumping on stage, without counting rehearsals. I’m just not feeling it today,” Kyuhyun explained, his face wasn’t lying since he had to use a mask to cover most of the fatigue that his soft features were emanating, other than resort to using abundant eye cream to soothe his dark circles. Ryeowook had to know better than force him to do something Kyuhyun wasn’t in the mood for. Especially since his lover was so good at detecting when and how Kyuhyun wasn’t feeling one hundred percent in good condition.

“But it’s a wonderful day! The sky is bright and cloudless and the temperature is just perfect to walk around without a jacket! I’ve been told it’s not that common around here!” Ryeowook insisted, sweetly pouting and batting his eyelashes, aware that Kyuhyun was too weak to discuss any further whenever he resorted to a few tricks to lure his boyfriend into agreeing with him.

“Ryeong, I-“ Kyuhyun croaked, flustered in the face as he didn’t quite feel like wanting to argue any more for something so trivial. They’ve never quarrelled for anything similar although they should have in the past, just to set some boundaries, you know. As a couple they have always been quite respectful of one another and even when their wishes weren’t aligning to the other’s necessities, they would always find the way to compromise, for the sake of avoiding any argument.

Being in the same group wasn’t helping any, since they always had to find a way to agree with each other, however Kyuhyun was honestly feeling so gutted about Ryeowook’s stubbornness at times, and that day was surely an example of it.

“Fine, do whatever you want!” Ryeowook scoffed “I don’t care!” he swirled around and walked off, reaching Eunhyuk and Donghae before flaring the duo his signature sharp gaze. The two dancers immediately took it as a sign to stand up and silently followed Ryeowook, knowing better than uttering a sole word so to potentially anger their younger member more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter