4 - Travel

Kyuwook Fest 2022 ~ a short ficlet collection~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Travel – Hectic schedules are finally matching and Kyuhyun is excited as he's planned a well deserved vacation, just him and Ryeowook on a magic island.

 

“Follow the line, please,” the managers were instructing “Don’t get distracted and just go through security, okay?”

They used to babysit the SJ members whenever they were travelling. The amount of cold-sweat they used to shed was unspeakable as there was always something going wrong while navigating airports: the fans could be too much to handle, some of their precious luggage could get lost, a member could get lost (possibly while shopping at the duty free and taking too much time instead of running after the staff).

Seriously, too many scenarios could happen during a brief visit through the airport, and the managers had to sit through classes so to learn them all and potentially prevent them from happening.

“Hyung,” Kyuhyun jogged to reach Ryeowook’s manager, tugging his hoodie to finally catch his attention. The man briefly swirled around and caught Kyuhyun’s worried expression. He drew in a loud sigh and nodded: “I know, Kyuhyun. Don’t worry, everything’s been taken care of. You only need to go through security and then I will tell you which gate you need to reach,”

Kyuhyun’s face lit up in joy as he stepped back and waited for Ryeowook to catch up with him.

“All good?” Ryeowook asked from behind the mask. He was clad in so many layers of clothes, it was actually hard to tell what he looked like, especially from under the bucket hat he wore to tame the messy hair he didn’t have a chance to comb that morning.

Nodding, Kyuhyun simply grasped Ryeowook’s arm that he linked to his own and led the way: “I’m just excited,”

“For what? Going home?” Ryeowook inquired, thinking of that as very weird way to express joy over something. It was true that most of them suffered homesickness quite fast, especially towards the type of cuisine they were used to have – every one of them packed instant ramyun and kimchi cans in their suitcases every time they travelled abroad – however for Kyuhyun to be extremely happy about sitting for fourteen hours straight on a plane was a bit too much to believe.

Kyuhyun kept silent, although Ryeowook noticed the small smirk on his boyfriend’s lips when he had to take off the mask to pass through controls. That smug expression told him that Kyuhyun was actually hiding something from him, and Ryeowook’s brain gears started moving frantically in a futile attempt to discern what that could be. After passing through security, Kyuhyun waited until the whole group was sitting down in the waiting area before he walked to Ryeowook and sat down with him.

“Care to tell me what you’re hiding?” Ryeowook promptly asked, his eyes never leaving the screen of his phone where he was quickly typing a text to his mother.

“So…” Kyuhyun began by clearing his voice “I checked our schedules and it seems we do have a few more days off that are overlapping and I was thinking – the man fished two flight tickets from his handbag – that maybe we could take one more holiday before going home,”

Stirring in his seat, Ryeowook stopped typing his message only to quickly move his shocked gaze on to Kyuhyun. The latter knew that Ryeowook was at loss for word, therefore he appealed to his hidden talent – a kind of cheesy cuteness that worked absolutely every time with Ryeowook – and with his most mellifluous voice tried his best to seduce his boyfriend into the idea “No managers, no members around. It’s just the two of us enjoying some quality time together as a couple,”

Kyuhyun ducked his head and reached Ryeowook’s ear, where he whispered in a very sensual way: “And if you don’t fancy visiting anything, we could just make love all day long, if you want,”

Blushing hard, Ryeowook quickly pushed Kyuhyun away, frantically looked around himself to see if anyone might have overheard the indecent proposal and finally clasped the man’s mouth shut, too scared to remind himself that – beside their team – no one else would understand them speak Korean.

“Are you crazy?!” Ryeowook asked, still flustered.

“Not at all,” Kyuhyun innocently batted his eyelashes and shrugged “I’m just madly in love with you and would like to take you to a nice place to spend some time together before going back to work,”

Carefully taking a look at the two tickets bound to Naples, Ryeowook stalled a bit, not really knowing what to say except for: “How long ago have you planned this out?”

It was clearly some kind of a mastermind’s plan, especially if Kyuhyun had bothered double-checking their schedules and making sure that they matched.

“Hmm, not too long ago, in fact a couple months, maybe?” Kyuhyun replied.

“The flight is leaving in one hour, Kyuhyun. The Gate is B-17,” the manager walked to the youngest member and explained.

Ryeowook threw a side glance to the manager before muttering: “You knew everything?”

The manager looked rather tired and simply rolled his eyes: “Of course, you know how tiresome Kyuhyun might be whenever he plans something. So, please, for the sake of my mental health, just move to the gate and enjoy your honeymoon, or he might come back home even crankier than before,” the man told about Kyuhyun, disregarding that he was in the presence of said member. Kyuhyun scoffed, highly offended for being accused to be cranky.

Sighing, Ryeowook stood up, knowing he had no room for debating about how he had rather been informed beforehand, instead of being highjacked onto a different flight out of whim.

“Let’s go then,” he said, grabbing his carry-on and slipping his free hand into Kyuhyun’s as he quietly moved towards the nearest lift.

Always quite independent, Kyuhyun had never followed anyone as he was now following closely Ryeowook, looking like a happy puppy wagging its tail after his owner. The two younger members of the group didn’t even bother to say goodbye to the elders, while they went on their own way, the excitement that had been visible on Kyuhyun’s radiant face was now flowing in Ryeowook’s veins too as he didn’t expect the sudden surprise travel. Usually, he would have better liked to know these things in advance, however he couldn’t not sympathise with Kyuhyun’s own excitement at the idea of spending some more time together and privately.

Lately they were always overworked and sticking to ridiculously long schedule that deprived them of their natural and physical wellbeing, literally leaving no room for secret dates or hanging out at the dorms like they were used to. As sad as it sounded, they were just too exhausted to enjoy themselves anymore.

Therefore when Ryeowook caught a glimpse of how brightly Kyuhyun’s eyes were shining at the idea of spending a couple of days completely alone and detached from what was their usual routine, he felt automatically and joyfully involved in the adventurous spirit of this secret getaway.

Even sitting on the low cost plane, where no one knew who they were, next to each other and indulging in a sweet hand-in-hand was felt as completely right, opposed to the sort of danger that would haunt the both of them if they weren’t careful with their fanservice back at home.

Because, individually, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook had never been particularly clingy throughout their lives, however when it came to each other, they were aching to be touchy. It wasn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter