How can a loser ever win?

Mend A Broken Heart - Gyulsun Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisun walked away after the elevator door opened, she was very happy to know that she would be spending Christmas dinner with her only child.

“Omo, you scared me!”

Jisun was surprised to see Gyuri in her lobby apartment

“Why are you here?”

“To pick you up”

“Why?”

“To ensure that you safely arrive at the restaurant”

“What?”

“Don’t ask too much, let’s go, Jiheon is waiting”

Even though Jisun was confused as to why Gyuri suddenly appeared, she complied and joined Gyuri's car. Jisun also thought that she's lucky to get a ride because on Christmas Eve the roads will be very congested and now she doesn't have to bother going through the traffic jams of Seoul. 

Jisun entered and car and put a big paper bag in the back seat.

“What is that?”

“Jiheon’s present of course”

“Oh , I forgot to buy her a present! Oh my God, I am dead”

“Poor you. You know how cranky our daughter can be if she doesn't get her Christmas present, right?” Jisun mocked her. 

“”

“Congrats” Jisun while putting on her seat belt.

Gyuri and Jisun arrived at the restaurant first, Jiheon already reserved a restaurant near the Han river.

“I am so sorry, the traffic is crazy. Hello Eommadeul”

Jisun came and hug Jiheon first, “It’s okay, it’s the eve. Merry Christmas my daughter”

Then Gyuri’s turn, “Merry Christmas Jiheonah”

“Merry Christmas Mom, Eomma”

They sit back.

“Let’s order, I am starving,” said Jiheon.

After ordering the food, Jiheon then took out something from her bag.

“Eommadeul, this is your present” Jiheon gave her mothers a black velvet box for each.

“Omo, what is this?” Asked Jisun while opening the box, “Oh my God, Jiheonah this is so beautiful” Jisun took out the necklace from the box, “It must be expensive Jiheonah, you don’t have to do this”

“It doesn’t cost me much, besides I am a famous therapist you know, this is nothing, especially for my mothers,” said Jiheon cockily.

“Jiheonah, why am I got ‘J’ initial for my necklace?” Gyuri complained. 

“Ah, both of you got the same. It’s my initial of course, J for Jiheon. So when you guys wear it, I will always be closer to your heart”

“I am not complaining since I got the same initial as hers,” said Jisun while tossing her right hand to Jiheon.

“Then for you Mom, it could be me or Eomma maybe. Or it could be 'Jang', our family's name. Oh, I am so smart” Jiheon teased.

“Aish this kid. Okay, thanks though” Gyuri just gave up.

“Ya, helped me please,” Jisun asked Gyuri to put the jewelry on her neck as she struggled to wear it herself.

Jiheon’s eyes met Gyuri's, in an inaudible sentence she said, “Go ahead” Jiheon pushed.

Gyuri’s heart beat faster when Jisun’s face is closer to hers and then she helped her.

“It’s beautiful Jiheonah, thank you!” Jisun can't stop adoring her new necklace. 

“You’re welcome. So, where’s my present?” Jiheon asked while holding out her hands.

Jisun grabbed the paper bag, “This is from us both”

“Heh? From you both?” Jiheon squinted her eyes.

“It’s kinda pricey so I asked for her help” Jisun lyingly explained.

Jiheon opened the paper bag, “Oh mothers, thank you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter