How can you stop the rain from falling down?

Mend A Broken Heart - Gyulsun Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was summer in Seoul and things were busy in Gangnam, this city's business district. Jiheon just moved out from her small office in Jongno to the Apgujeong area, an elite region. Now she is working towards the opening of her new practice.

"Jiheon-ah" Jisun called from the door upon entering Jiheon's presumably new practice room. It's still new, kind of dusty, with piles of boxes everywhere, but Jiheon's office seems a little tidier than the other rooms.

"Oh Eomma, you're here" Jiheon greeted Jisun from the inside.

"Whoah, is this your new office then? So cool, oh my God look at this. It's really nice" Jisun felt amazed with Jiheon's new office.

"It's compact but I really love this place"

"You started from a small space in Jongno, look at you now. Gangnam! Yeokshi, my famous family and marriage therapist daughter"

"No, it's not, Eomma" Said Jiheon shyly,

"Oh Jiheonah, I overheard someone in the restaurant say that the actor-ex-idol couple came to your practice, is that true?" Jisun asked, hoping to get an answer.

"Ey Eomma, I can't talk about anything related to my clients, it's......"

"Therapist-client confidentiality" Jisun finished Jiheon's sentence. "Ya ya of course you won't tell me, your own mother," Jiheon said in a sulky tone.

"Jiheonah, where should I put these boxes?" A person from the same door came in.

"Oh Jisunah, you're here," said the person.

"Jang Gyul, you're here as well," said Jisun to Gyuri.

"Oh Mom, you can put it there, just behind the door. Thank you" said Jiheon to Gyuri.

Gyuri put down the boxes and took off the gloves, joined the two of them.

"When will you start the practice here?" Gyuri asked.

"In 4 weeks. I will do the soft opening here with the staff. Please come and join, Eommadeul" Jiheon answered.

"Alright, just tell me the exact details. I will ask Donghyun to clear my schedule on that day"

"I will come as well," Jisun said.

"Thanks, guys"

"Your space here is nice, I bet your clients will feel comfortable during the therapy session Jiheonah '' Jisun said while sitting on the chair in front of Jiheon's desk. Followed by Gyuri sitting next to her.

"Emeric introduced me to this one interior designer and she did a great job concepting this room," Jiheon said. Her moms always looked at each other when Jiheon mentioned her boyfriend.

Jiheon and Emeric met when Jiheon attended a psychology symposium at Columbia University when Jiheon represented her campus. A final year master's student Jiheon met dr. Toussaint at the event. Emeric is a French-American general practitioner doctor residing in Boston who attended the symposium to know more about child psychology. They met during the networking session and just hit it off right away. It's been 5 years since they were officially in a relationship but Jiheon rarely talked about Emeric and never properly introduced him to her parents. For the past 5 years, Jiheon was the one who always flew to the U.S to see him. Her parents are kinda worried about her relationship but they trust Jiheon, they believe Jiheon knows what to do and how to act so they let her be.

"Speaking about Emeric, when will we finally meet him, Jiheonah?" Jisun shot the question.

Jiheon just smiled at her parents. "Unfortunately he can't come to the opening but he said he will come to Korea on Chuseok, guys. You will finally meet him. We could have dinner okay?"

"Seriously? He will show up, right? Unlike the last time?" Gyuri asked. Jisun slapped her thigh.

"He will, guys, don't worry this time he will,"

Jiheon reassured her parents while now she's sitting on her chair.

"Eommadeul, while we're here. Don't you guys have something to say to me?" Jiheon asked.

Gyuri looked at Jiheon then at Jisun, and vice versa. They both shook their heads.

"No, I don't think so, Jiheon" Gyuri answered.

"Okay then, so let me ask you guys something," Jiheon said.

"Shoot," Jisun answered.

Jiheon looked at her parents, "Why were guys divorced?"

Gyuri who just sipped her water suddenly coughed upon hearing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter