How can you stop the sun from shining?

Mend A Broken Heart - Gyulsun Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inside her office, Jiheon then got up and joined her mother to sit on the sofa. Jisun put her neck on the head of the sofa and tilted his head to the ceiling. Jiheon copied her position.

"I am sorry, Eomma, to make you recall the past"

"No, it's not your fault. Your mom was right, you deserve to know. No, you have the right to know. Your mom and I, built a very happy family with you in it, and you lived like that for the past years and it changed just after a year you left. That must be quite a shock for you as well when you came home"

"I am worried about Mom, should I go to her?" Jiheon asked.

"Let her be. She needs to be alone. She always needs time to be alone"

Jisun sighed and took a breath.

"Perhaps that was why I suggested we get a divorce......." Jisun closed her eyes.

Jiheon quite agreed with the statement.

"Your mom liked to keep everything inside her heart, she never actually shared her burdens with me, Jiheonah. When things got hard she tried to solve them with her own strength. I don't know when she's with you, but she's like that with me. Remember the time when she dealt with anxiety issues and we got to know it from the media after she had a nervous breakdown? I know it's not something she could easily share with her family. Especially when she was the head of this family. But Jiheon, as her partner, felt like a failure because I never even knew she had a problem"

Jisun sighed again.

"But perhaps, it's kind of her charm actually. The fact that she was always calm and composed in the face of a problem and never demanded anything from me. Maybe, I fell in love because of her reserved personality back then. Though sometimes it was a little bit hard for me. But that's Jang Gyuri"

"Thankfully you came along right after our wedding" Jisun added, "I thought I could finally see the different sides of your mom after you left, but then she turned into Jang Gyuri I used to date while I am used to the "mom mode" Jang Gyuri. I felt lonely and I admit that I was a little bit possessive over her. After so many fights, she agreed to the divorce things, so, yeah that happened"

Jiheon held Jisun's hand to support her. 

Jiheon and Jisun spent time talking about the past while Gyuri was outside.

"Your Eomma already left?" Gyuri asked while entering the room again. Jiheon was staring at the window.

"Yeah, she already left" Said Jiheon while on her way to the sofa. Gyuri followed her.

"I am sorry Mom....." Jiheon could see Gyuri's puffy eyes. She already assumed that her Mom spent her time crying. Like her Eomma said, her Mom liked to keep things alone.

Jiheon often saw a case like this during her experience as a therapist. The other person liked to hold it inside and chose to deal with it alone and it will trigger a split in their marriage. Jiheon knew her mom would be like that. Though Jiheon is close to both her mothers, Jiheon could feel that Gyuri always acted like everything is always okay in front of her.

"No, don't worry about that, Jiheonah," Said Gyuri while grabbing Jiheon's hands.

Gyuri took a deep breath again. Hesitate to talk.

"Mom, if you want to tell me, you could tell me. Don't hold it. I am your daughter, but I can be your friend as well if you want me to......."

Gyuri chuckled and she rubbed her face hard.

"Jiheonah, you know that we only want what's best for you, right?"

Jiheon nodd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter