Home

World Champion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong this, Minjeong that.

 

If Minjeong could sum up the story of her life this year, it would be her getting involved in every possible things happen to Jimin.

 

“Minjeong-ah, try this. It’s soooo yummy! Aaaaa.” She opened , acting like a mom who wants to feed her child.

 

“Minjeong-ah, look at that. Kim M J, Korea.” She pointed to the back of a guy who’s wearing her jersey.

 

“You know, this is my current favourite series, Minjeong-ah. Let’s watch together.” She dragged her to sofa, excitedly showing the intro of New Amsterdam Season 5.

 

“Yah, Kim Minjeong! That’s my favourite. Why you finished them off?” She cried over the last piece of her favourite Hawaii Chicken’s pizza.

 

“Minjeong-ah, this is so fun!”

“Wow, that’s sick, Minjeong-ah!”

“Minjeong-ah, isn’t that pretty?”

 

And so much more. She’s confused who’s actually the one that afraid? Because judging from Jimin’s action, it looks like this girl have no fear at all. It’s all started when the girl suddenly comes to her room and demands her to follow her takes a walk. She immediately agrees. Maybe this is a chance for her to fix things up since both of them are not in a good term.

 

“EMMMM!” Her eyes widened. 

“Haha. Is it that good?” Minjeong took a seat across her.

“EMMMM!” The latter nodded vigorously before taking another bite.

 

It was an ordinary Sunday where they (read: Jimin) decided to take a walk around their apartment. The doctor said it’s not good for them to just stay at home doing nothing. She said people need to get at least 10k steps per day to reduce the risk of getting cardiovascular disease. But they’re only 1% achieving that goal before Jimin discovered an ice cream truck and here they’re now.

 

“Minjeong-ah, you should try this!” Jimin offer the ice cream to her.

“I also got one, Jimin-ah. Haha.”

“But yours vanilla. Mine strawberry and vanilla. You should taste the strawberry. It’s like eating a fresh one!” Her eyes widened.

 

Minjeong forgot how cute Jimin was especially when she’s excited. How her eyes sparkle, how her cheekbone went up to her eyes, how her smile almost reach her ears. She was mesmerised. Her cheeks went cherry before she knew that.

 

“Oh, you’re blushing.”

“I— I’m not.” She denied.

“I’m just asking you to taste the ice cream in this cup, Minjeong. Not the ice cream on my lips.” Jimin wiped her lips.

“Huh? What…..” She confused.

“Just saying. But I don’t mind, if you want to.” Jimin blurted out.

 

Now Minjeong’s really confused. 3 weeks ago, they went into argument in front of other athlete during their team dinner. She knew she ed it up since then. Her prediction was correct when Jimin barely open after the incident. She tried to fix it up but eventually, today, Jimin back being the old chatty and bubbly Jimin. It’s their first conversation after weeks of not talking to each other but didn’t this girl sound too aggressive? Like she want to kiss?

 

“We’re… We just start talking again, you know…” Minjeong arranging her words.

“So?” 

“You know… Our relationship right now… It’s not for something like that…”

“What’s with our relationship?” Jimin asked her back.

“We’re not lover, Jimin-ah.”

“Yeah but we both love each other. Isn’t that enough reason for a kiss?”

“Huh? What do you mean “we both love each other” ?” Minjeong’s heart beating fast.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’m mistaken by the way you look at me just now. I thought you’re in love with me.”

“Huh? Then are you—“

“Of course. I’m in love with you, Minjeong-ah.” It’s like the girl was reading her mind.

 

She hears a knock on the door which stopped her from digging more into her memories few months ago.

 

“Minjeongie? Are you awake?”

 

Well, there’s no need to look for the past when the past is the now present.

 

“Yeah. Why?” 

“Let’s go! Breakfast!” Jimin dragged her out of her room.

“Wow. You made Nasi Lemak?” Her eyes shined excitedly upon seeing one of her favourite dishes.

“Of course! It’s your big day today. Game day!”

 

It’s like an unspoken rule of the doctor. Jimin will cook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter