Memories of love

Darling U

 

In Seoul at night, a black car drove on a street past many multi-storey houses. From above, the many raindrops pelted the car. The street was wide and well traveled, because as every evening, many commuters wanted to return from work to their families. Advertisements, neon signs and lanterns nevertheless made the streets seem bright. Despite the rain, many people were on the roadside with their umbrellas and the small food stalls, were well attended. The person in the back seat of the car, however, did not notice much of the hustle and bustle on the street.

The man sitting in the back seat had black curly hair, dyed blond at the back end. He was wearing a black T-shirt with white writing on it and blue jeans. The man looked dreamily out the darkened window until he was brought back to reality by his driver. 

"Yesung-hyung, can I turn on the radio?" the driver of the black car asked nicely.

"Yes, you can do that." Replied the man, with curly black hair dreamily.

"Thanks Hyung." Shouted the driver cheerfully.

Yesung, the man with black curly hair, was the main vocalist of the world famous band "Super Junior". He was on his way home from a concert in Seoul, where many Kpop bands had performed. It was great fun for him to stand on a stage again. Because of the pandemic, he could not see the fans for a long time. Likewise, he could finally reconnect with other idols, but most importantly, see his dongsaengs. He had followed them all on SNS, yet he had missed fooling around with them. 

But when he heard the first song on the radio, he was jolted out of his reverie. It was a song called "Darling You" by him, which he had sung with Seulgi from "Red Velvet", 5 years ago. He had met her at the concert today and his day had been so beautiful. Only he knew secretly that he liked Seulgi the most, of all his dongsaengs. He listened intently to the song and thought of the video shoot with Seulgi with every line.

Yesung remembered exactly what the film set looked like. It had been a very large room, separated by a small pillar. On his side, the furniture was a bit dark. There had been a black leather couch and a black office chair. Through the white wall, however, it still looked inviting. Yesung was also sure that there was a green telephone on a black table. 

The other side belonged to Seulgi. This one was lighter and so she had a white bed and a dressing table with a mirror. Her telephone had been beige. He remembered how they had tried to use it to make calls, but had laughed too much. He could also remember the cute light brown teddy bear on the bed. 

But most of all he had Seulgi in mind, how she had looked at him in her white skirt and pink wool sweater and how she had just acted so sweet. Her long auburn hair and beautiful eyes had cast a spell on him. At the time he just wanted to kiss her, but somehow he hadn't made the first move.

"I love you." Let out Yesung as he heard her voice at "nal johahagin hanyo, 
soljikhan jinsimeul boyeojwo (Do you even like me? Show me your true heart)" singing.   

"What did you say hyung?" the driver of the black car asked curiously? 

"Ehh, I didn't say anything Kang-ho." Said Yesung while blushing a little. 

When the song ended, Yesung felt a brief pain and immediately missed her voice. It was again clear to him that he missed her. Still, he wondered if he would dare to finally tell her his feelings this time. In the 5 years he had thought about it many times and had already written many songs about her. However, only he knew that the songs were for her. 

After a few minutes, he became more dreamy again and looked out the window of the moving car while continuing to think about Kang Seulgi. When would he see her again?



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed chapter 1
The next will be longer, for sure

https://youtu.be/nyxPfDzSnmE