Original Outline

The Grim Reaper's Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hook

 

Minho is an angel of death - angels of death are helpers of death, who cannot be everywhere.

Death only comes to people where it sees the potential for the person to be an angel of death - and only death can bestow these powers.

 

The angels of death are there to help people die and let them go into the light. Minho has been doing this job for a few hundred years now, but he no longer takes it seriously.

 

He is called to see the Grim Reaper and he has a serious talk with him. Since Minho does not take the matter seriously, and thus also not human life, Grim Reaper condemns him to live on earth as a human being for another year - without his powers. If he doesn't understand during this year that life is valuable, his soul will be banished or something - I still have to think about that.

 

Scene

 

Minho 'helps' a soul to go into the light - he is bored and does not take it seriously

 

Scene

 

Jinki/Jjong, he does all the accounting for the souls (neurotic, loves numbers etc.).

He goes to Minho and says he still owes him the reports of the last 326 souls - without them the souls can't move on.

Jinki/Jjong 'I got an important assignment from Death, I can't take care of your files.'

Minho 'Death damn you Jinki/Jjong. Key, Kibum or whatever he calls himself now. He wanted to become human again. He didn't want to wait and just humanised himself."

Jinki/Jjong 'So why haven't we found him yet? I know he may have been headstrong, but he did everything by the book, always.'

Minho 'Well among billions of souls-'

-> Key <-disappeared> 2 earth days ago.

Describing this underneath while going to Taeyeon's (Grim Reaper)

->Whether to heaven, to earth again or something - souls have an age, they sort of choose their avatar themselves - represent like a game, virtual reality

 

Scene

 

He is with Death - Taeyeon

Death says something like 'How long have you been doing this? 100, 200 years?'

Minho shrugs his shoulders

Death 'Normally, angels of death want to return to earth after only a few years...because they understand the value of life...only you seem to...disagree.'

Minho sighs

Death 'I'm sorry he hasn't been around yet. But you can't neglect other souls because of that.'

Minho says something snide

Death 'I thought you would say that. That's why I have a special task for you.'

 

Taeyeon shows him the book of fate. Describing cycle of souls.

'But your fate...it is not sealed. That changes today. It is for your own safety'

'I am sending you back to earth. If you don't value life as an angel, perhaps you will as a human.'

Minho does not understand, but before he can say anything he is gone.

He has seen Taemin's picture in the book.

 

Inciting Incident

 

Scene

 

Minho ends up in an alley. He does not know where he is. He tries to get back to the 'name for the kingdom of the angels of death', but it doesn't work.

He walks through the city without knowing where he is. He has already picked up some people from this century, but he doesn't know them very well.

 

In a shop window he looks at his reflection. Above his head he sees a number. 29 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes and 12 seconds - '!'

Jinki, Death, has put him in an arbitrary year, so in an arbitrary time - but Jinki/Jjong also wants his soulmate back and so, without knowing it, he sent him to Taemin.

A cat talks to him - It's Jinki/Jjonng? who knows yet

Casual he says 'Hey, before you end up a shadow, I'd really need the 326 reports.'

Minho is beside himself 'Shadow?' Explaining that these are lonely souls who don't want to find the light and just wander around the human world - seen by no one.

 

Minho asks Jinki/Jjong what he is doing here anyway. He no longer knows what it is like to be human.

Jinki/Jjong says he can understand - but he definitely knows that in all the world and in every century it is considered strange to talk to cats

Minho 'You!!!' huffs - but before he can talk further he hears someone shouting

 

'Kkoong!

Taemin comes running towards the two. 'You found my cat, thank you!' He picks Jinki/Jjong up and him.

Minho can't believe it, the boy in front of him looks exactly like Taemin - but it can't be him.

He lost Taemin centuries ago. Death promised him to reunite their souls once Taemin's time came - but it never happened - so he is very angry with Death.

Minho "Taemin?"

Taemin "You know me?"

Minho considers and feels something in his throat. 'Oh dear death, (think of a better line) am I thirsty?'

"No. I knew your grandfather."

Taemin is wearing a black suit. He is on his way to a funeral.

"Oh, you were on your way to the funeral service?"

 

Scene

 

At the funeral service for Taemin's grandpa.

 

Many go up to Taemin and say their condolences.

Minho notices that in all the photos there is only Taemin as an adult, nowhere as a baby

Minho "How long have you lived with your grandpa?"

Taemin "All my life."

Minho finds it strange that there are no baby photos of Taemin.

Taemin 'No but...you might want to be afraid of me.'

Minho pauses in his position

Taemin 'Sorry, that wasn't meant to sound so creepy. I well...I think I'm cursed.'

Minho leans back

Taemin 'Well...every person in my life...somehow the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter