Chapter 3 (Part 2)

Accidentally Manager

“H-Hey Chaeryeong… w-what are you doing here?” God please kill me now she just saw me dancing and in my sports bra too! Out of all the people, it’s the main dancer!

 

Chaeryeong fiddled with her hands. “I-I left my bag by accident and I tried texting you. You weren’t responding so I came here.” 

 

“O-oh sorry. I was uh… busy.”

 

Chaeryeong looked at Xuan. “When you said you stayed back, I didn’t think you were… dancing.”

 

Xuan looked away and blushed. “Yeah, I’ve been stressed lately so I dance to relieve stress.” She explained. It’s actually my hormones goes out of whack and Thi saying inappropriate things but of course I’m not gonna tell her that.

 

“Well… you dance well. I didn’t know you could dance.” Chaeryeong walked up to Xuan. “Can I see more?”

 

Xuan was taken back by  that request. “You want to see me dance more?” Chaeryeong nodded with a smile. “M-Maybe next time. It’s almost time for dinner and I need to prepare stuff. You still want your Vietnamese spring rolls right?”

 

“Oh yes please!” Chaeryeong quickly grabbed her bag and went out of the dance room. Xuan quickly grabbed her stuff and went out of the dance room as well. She saw that Chaeryeong actually waited for her and the two girls walked back to their dorms.

 

“So, how long have you been dancing?” Chaeryeong asked.

 

Xuan rubbed her neck. “I don’t dance professionally. I didn’t even take dance classes back in the States.” 

 

Chaeryeong’s eyes widen at Xuan’s answer. “But you’re good.”

 

Xuan blushed. “T-Thank you but I mainly reference videos from other choreography of songs I listen to. Mainly kpop and pop so yeah.”

 

Chaeryeong hummed. “Can we dance? Like together?”

 

Xuan was surprised by Chaeryeong’s request. “B-But I’m nowhere as talented as you when it comes to dancing.”

 

“But I want to see you dance more. You never really talk about your life so I’m interested in getting to know you more personally. And why not with dancing!” Chaeryeong said happily.

 

“You girls can just ask, you know. I’m more than happy to show you girls.”

 

“Yeah but isn't it more fun to show us?”

 

When Chaeryeong said that, an idea popped into Xuan’s head. “You just gave me a great idea, Chaeryeong!”

 

“I-I did?”

 

“Yes! But first I gotta make some calls. But I’ll tell you and the others later.” The two girls arrived at the front of their dorm. “Let’s go and eat some dinner.” Xuan smiled while Chaeryeong nodded happily.

 

Xuan opened the door and went inside, Chaeryeong following behind. “I’m back, girls! Who wants some Vietnamese spring rolls?”

 

“Me!” All the girls in the dorms ran and went up to Xuan to greet her. Xuan couldn’t help but smile.

 

“Luckily there isn’t much to prepare so dinner will be ready soon after I wash up okay?” The girls nodded and went back to their own thing.

 

As Xuan made her way to her room, Chaeryeong followed her. Xuan turned around and gave Chaeryeong a confused look. “Uh, do you need anything?”

 

“I was wondering if you need help with anything while you go change.” Chaeryeong asked.

 

“Oh uh.” Xuan thought for a moment. “I don’t think so but thanks for offering. Just go and rest with the girls.” Chaeryeong nodded and went back to her shared room.

 

After changing into shorts and a casual shirt, Xuan made her way to the kitchen. She put on her apron and prepared the ingredients for dinner.

 

After she prepared the ingredients and set up the dinner table, Xuan called for the girls. “Yeji! Lia! Ryujin! Chaeryeong! Yuna! Time for Vietnamese spring rolls.”

 

The girls got out of their rooms and they were surprised by the set up for dinner. At the table, there was a hot pot set up in the middle, raw beef and shrimp at the sides, bowls filled with green vegetables, a bowl filled with rice noodles and each plate had a side of sauce that they had never seen before.

 

Xuan smiled at the girls. “By the way you reacted I’m guessing you guys are impressed.” The girls nodded and Xuan giggled. “Well, go and sit down girls and I’ll explain everything.”

 

The girls took their seat while Xuan took off her apron. She took a seat next to Lia and Ryujin. “This is very different from when we made spring rolls in the reality show.” Lia said.

 

“Mm, so yes. What we are having is exactly how I used to eat growing up in the states.” Xuan pointed at the pot. “In my family, we would cook either thinly sliced beef or shrimp in this vinegar broth.” Xuan demonstrated this by putting some beef in the broth as well as some onions. “The broth gets better as you add more of the meat which helps enhance the flavor.”

 

The girls closely watched Xuan as she cooked the meat. While it was cooking, Xuan took a sheet of rice paper and wet it with warm water. She placed it onto her plate. Then, she used her chopsticks and grabbed the cooked meat and onions and placed it onto the rice paper. “So once that’s done, you grab some rice noodles.” Xuan reached over and grabbed a small handful of the noodles and placed it on top of the meat. “Then you can choose what vegetables you want inside your roll.” Xuan reached over and grabbed her vegetables.

 

Lia crossed her arms and pouted as she saw Xuan put cucumbers into her spring roll. “You said you weren’t gonna cook cucumbers if I said please.”

 

“Chill, Lia. I just said you can put whatever vegetables you want in your roll. You can choose to avoid them, you big baby.”

 

Lia lightly slapped Xuan’s shoulder. “Yah! Don’t make fun of me.”

 

Xuan rolled her eyes and continued making her spring roll. “Once you’re done, you just roll it up and… done!” Xuan showed off her masterpiece of a spring roll to the girls. They were impressed.

 

“Xuan unnie, what’s this?” Yuna asked as she pointed the small bowl of sauce.

 

“Ah yes, that is fish sauce or nước mắm in Vietnamese. That is a special fish sauce that is meant for spring rolls. I made it the way my mom made it.” Xuan dipped her roll into the fish sauce and took her first bite. Xuan smiled widely as she ate her food. “So delicious. Now dig in girls.”

 

The girls prayed for their food and happily started making their own spring rolls. When they were done, they dipped it into the fish sauce and ate their first bite. Their eyes widened when they realized how delicious Xuan’s spring rolls were.

 

“Wowwwww this is so good!” Yeji said as she took another bite.

 

“This is better than the one we had on the show! And we ate duck meat.” Chaeryeong said as she finished her first spring roll and got started on making her second one.

 

“This fish sauce is interesting but it’s good.” Ryujin said.

 

Xuan beamed with delight. “Thank you girls. I wanted to cook you girls some dishes that I grew up eating to kinda show you a piece of my life.”

 

“Do you have any funny stories relating to these spring rolls?” Lia asked.

 

“Hmmmm.” Xuan thought for a moment. “This memory doesn’t really involve me but I remember my family and I went to my grandma's house to have a big family dinner. We also had spring rolls and I remember my older sisters were having a competition with my uncle to see who could eat the most spring rolls. I think my sisters ate like almost… 50 rolls each!”

 

The girls’ jaws dropped after hearing that number. “R-Really? 50? Like 5 0?!” Ryujin exclaimed.

 

Xuan nodded. “They really like spring rolls. And they can eat a lot. Unlike me. I can only eat like 2-3 before I get full.” Xuan took her last bite of her second roll. “Like right now, I am already full.”

 

“What?!” Chaeryeong exclaimed. “You should eat more Xuan unnie.”

 

Xuan shook her head. “I’m so full already. Plus, I need to call some people for work so just keep eating girls and wash the dishes when you’re done.” The girls nodded and Xuan put her dirty dishes away and went straight into her room.

 

She opened her laptop and wrote an email to the marketing team, proposing an idea that will help bring more attention to Itzy since they’ll be in LA for their world tour. “I really hope they like the proposal. It’ll help with my marketing portfolio but also it can help show Itzy my life back home.” Xuan smiled at her idea. “I can go back home for a bit.”

 

After writing and sending her email, Xuan decided to redo her notes since they got damaged in the water fiasco. She got her spare notebook and started rewriting her notes. Xuan spent about an hour doing her notes until she received a notification on her phone. She checks it and realizes it’s time for Lia to go live. “I should probably have it in the background and monitor it from time to time.”

 

Then she remembered that Lia asked her to join in the vlive yesterday night. Xuan sighed. “Maybe I should join. It still feels weird for a manager to join a vlive. Maybe I’ll just be at the side.” Xuan decided to make some boba drinks for her and Lia since she’ll probably be on vlive for a while.

 

Xuan put away her notebook and headed for the kitchen, her phone still playing Lia’s vlive. She saw that Chaeryeong and Ryujin were in the living room watching a kdrama together. She smiled, “Hey girls. I’m making some boba drinks again for Lia and I. I’m gonna join her vlive in a bit. Do you two want anything?”

 

The two shook their heads. “It’s okay Xuan unnie.” Ryujin said.

 

“Okay. Let me know if you two need anything. Also make sure you don’t stay up too late. You guys have a fan sign event tomorrow and I don’t want you guys to be tired.”

 

“Okay.~” They said as they went back to their drama.

 

Xuan decided to make a simple peach milk tea for her and Lia. No boba this time since she didn’t feel like cooking it. As she was making it and putting the final touch, she heard Lia from her phone saying a certain… question. Xuan’s blood started to boil.

 

“Lia, are you DTF? What’s DTF?” Before Lia could answer, Xuan quickly and loudly knocked on the door. “Oh someone’s knocking. I wonder who it could be?” Lia got up from her chair and opened the door to reveal Xuan, holding two cups in her hand. “Oh! Xuan! Are you joining in finally?”

 

Xuan nodded. “You asked and by the rules of the company, I have to join. But don’t worry, you’re still the star of the show.” Xuan gave her a cup. “Here I made peach milk tea for you.”

 

“Oh thank you! Come in and join me!” Lia grabbed the cup and grabbed Xuan’s free hand and led her to her desk. Lia set her drink while she took her seat. Xuan just took the spare chair and pulled it closer to Lia so she can be in the vlive.

 

Everyone say hi to Xuan! She’ll be joining in the vlive with me. If you didn’t know, she’s our new manager and she’s been vlogging her experience of working with us so be sure to check her out if you want to see some behind the scenes.” Lia held up her drink. “Look, she even made me a drink. Isn’t she sweet!” Lia took a sip and smiled happily. She turned to Xuan. “So good! As always.”

 

Xuan blushed and smiled, “Thank you Lia. Always happy to make drinks for you and the drinks.” Xuan said as she patted Lia’s head.

 

Lia smiled. “Ahhhh such wifey material.” Lia turned her head and saw the comment on the vlive. “Look Xuan! They’re talking about you.”

 

“Really? Let me see.” Xuan looked at Lia’s phone for the comment and she blushed at some of them.

 

Wow, Xuan is hot. I want her.

 

Xuan oppa you’re so handsome. Please be my boyfriend!

 

Xuan is like perfect wife material. Anyone would be lucky to have her.

 

Awww Lia and Xuan look like a cute couple. I support.

 

Xuan fidget in her seat and she took a sip of her tea. “L-Lia I’m not used to compliments…”

 

Lia lightly slapped her shoulder. “Awww you’re so shy Xuan. They’re just happy to see you.” Lia turned her head to the camera. “Isn’t that right everyone?” The comment went roaring as they agreed with what Lia said. Suddenly the same comment showed up. “Xuan, are you DTF like Lia?” She turned to Xuan, “What does DTF mean Xuan?”

 

Xuan set her drink down and faced the camera. “Hello everyone. I want to make things clear. If you keep making inappropriate comments and questions toward the girls I won’t hesitate to kick you from the live.” Xuan smirked as she grabbed her drink. “Other than that, hi everyone! I’m Xuan.”

 

Lia’s eyes widened at Xuan. “Uhhh, that still doesn’t answer my question. What does DTF mean?”

 

Xuan shook her head. “Not now. I’ll explain later but let’s just say… you should never answer that question.” Xuan sipped her drink. “I’m just here to protect you.”

 

“Awwww you’re too kind Xuan.” Lia got up from her seat and hugged Xuan. “You’re the absolute best.”

 

Xuan blushed. “Alright alright Lia. Stop hugging me before the fans get the wrong idea.”

 

Lia let go and pouted. She then gave her aegyo to Xuan. “But Xuan~ I love you and I want to express that to you.” As she said that, she had Xuan finger hearts and smiled happily.

 

Xuan’s face turned red. “Sometimes I feel like you’re too cute for my heart.” Xuan looked at the comments.

 

Yah! Give me attention too Lia.

 

Xuan should stop flirting with Lia. 

 

Xuan is blushing from Lia’s aegyo. She definitely likes her.

 

#XuLia let’s goooo gays

 

Xuan nervously laughed at the comments. “You should go back and pay attention to your vlive.”

 

Lia groaned and shook Xuan’s arm. “You should too. You’re here already so go and interact with the fans with me.”

 

Xuan rubbed her neck. “O-Okay.”

 

For about an hour, Lia and Xuan banter a lot with the fans. Mainly talking about experiences with living with each other and Xuan’s random stories about her home.

 

Xuan looked at her watch and faced Lia. “You should probably end it here. It’s getting late and I still need to record my vlog. Plus you and the girls have a big day tomorrow.”

 

Lia pouted and faced the camera. “Xuan said it’s time to end the vlive. It was nice talking to everyone here though. We have a fan sign event tomorrow so I hope I get to see MIDZYs there! Good night everybody!” Lia waved at the camera and ended the vlive.

 

Xuan got up from her seat and grabbed her and Lia’s empty glass. “Well, I’m gonna get going. Good night Lia.” As Xuan was gonna reach for the door, she felt the shorter girl hugging her from behind. Xuan turned her body, still in Lia’s embrace. “Uhhhh do you need anything else Lia?”

 

Lia looked up at the taller girl and smiled. “I had fun today with the vlive. The other managers don’t really want to join in with us.”

 

“Ah. Well it’s understandable since you know, they’re managers. The attention should be on you girls only. The managers and I are here to make sure everything runs smoothly.”

 

“But… I like talking to you. Maybe because you’re our age and the other managers are way older than us. Also, the fans love you Xuan. So you should definitely join more vlives with us.”

 

Xuan laughed. “And I will. Because I have to and you know that.”

 

Lia pouted. “You should only join if you want to. You don’t have to join because that was a rule implemented by the company. Join us if you want to have fun with us.”

 

“I know but I still have a job to do. And that job also includes making sure fans are being well behaved especially in their comments. Screw that guy who said DTF.”

 

“I’m still curious. What does it actually mean, Xuan?”

 

Xuan blushed furiously. “Uhhhhh again I’ll explain it another day. Anyway I need to go and do my other duties. Good night again Lia.” Xuan patted Lia’s head and went out of her room. 

 

Xuan headed to the kitchen and washed the cups. After she was done, she headed to her room and sat at her desk. She took a deep breath and sighed with relief. “God this has been a long day.”

 

Then, she set up her camera and started to record. “Hey guys! This is day 3 of my daily vlog…”

 

==========================================================================

 

Part 2 is done! I hope you guys enjoy this story so far. I have fun stuff planned for Xuan and the girls so look forward to that! Have a good day y’all