Chapter 6

Accidentally Manager

“So she finally texted you after months of no response?” Thi said as she heard the news from Xuan. “Maybe I was able to convince her after all.”

 

“You didn’t yell at her right?” Xuan asked with concern

 

“Maybeeeee…”

 

“Thi! I swear to god…”

 

“Yo relax Xuan. I’m just kidding. I just said that she needs to get her together and talk to you… maybe with a threat like I don’t know… other girls could be flirting with you.”

 

“I mean… you’re not wrong…” 

 

“Girls were flirting with you?! Yo, spill the tea.”

 

“Sometimes you like drama a little too much.” Xuan heard Thi giggled. “Well, first off, I think they mistake me as a guy because they call me handsome and oppa along those lines.”

 

“Not surprised honestly. But continue.” 

 

“In addition, they were speaking in Korean and I couldn’t make out exactly what they were saying but I assume they were trying to flirt with me because one of them tried to grab my arm. Luckily, Lia and Chaeryeong came to the rescue in time and we went home.”

 

“Ohhohoho.” Thi smirked

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing nothing. Just… thinking.”

 

“Okay?” Xuan sighed. “What should I do Thi? Should I text her back with a short message? Text her a long message on how angry she made me by not talking to me? Should I be direct and just call her?”

 

“Woah, woah slow down dude. You just received the text yesterday night in your time zone. How about you wait until you’re ready to talk back?”

 

“Really Thi? That’s the advice you’re gonna give me?”

 

Thi shrugged her shoulders. “I mean she pretty much ghosted you for a while so shouldn’t you do the same? If she’s really serious, she will text you again or maybe even call.”

 

“But our two year anniversary is coming in two weeks. Not to mention, midterms are around that time too. I want to at least talk to her before those things happen or at least I’m gonna stress for no reason. I don’t want Chaeryeong to worry.”

 

“Oh~” Thi smirked again. “Why did you specifically say Chaeryeong and not the other members?”

 

“I think because Chaeryeong worries about me the most. I think she’s definitely become closer to me after that incident. And she was weirdly affectionate. Like we were just hugging in my bed-”

 

“HOLD ON YOU WERE CUDDLING?!”

 

“Uhhhh no. Just hugging. I think she’s just overprotective right now.”

 

“Oh my god you’re such a dense .” Thi said quietly.

 

“Did you say something? I couldn’t hear.”

 

“No nothing. Just thinking again.” Thi said with a smile while Xuan raised her eyebrow. “Anyway, what’s your plan with Hien?”

 

“I guess I can wait until she decides to text or call. I really want to respond back again but I might say some regretful things and I don’t want to strain our relationships more than it should be. I’ll try my best to resist but when it comes closer to midterms, I’ll talk to her myself.”

 

“Whatever floats your boat. And no matter what happens, you know you have me and your other friends to talk to. Maybe the girls too.”

 

“Yeah but again, they don’t know I’m gay. I just don’t want to dump unnecessary stuff on them.”

 

“Your life, your choices. Anyway, any plans for today?”

 

“Today’s my day off. I’m gonna run a bit of errands and hit the gym. So nothing really much.”

 

“You’re not gonna spend time with the girls?”

 

Xuan shook her head. “I want to do my own things today. I still like my alone time and the girls understand that. But if they need anything, they can just tell me.”

 

“Ah okay. Well, have a good day Xuan. Take care and update me on what happens with Hien.”

 

“I will, I will. Take care Thi. Bye bye!” Xuan hung up the phone.

 

Xuan got up from her bed and started getting ready for her day. She packed some gym clothes into her bag and put her dirty laundry into her basket. She grabbed both her bag and her basket and went outside of her room. When she went out, Xuan saw Chaeryeong sitting in the living room watching her usual dramas. “Good morning, Chaeryeong.”

 

Chaeryeong looked over and smiled at Xuan. “Good morning, Xuan unnie! Are you going out today?”

 

Xuan nodded. “Yep! It’s my day off so I figure I want to spend the day for myself. I’ll be gone for a while but you girls can text me if you need anything. I’ll be putting my clothes in the wash so please put it in the dryer when it’s done. After it’s done drying, just put it in the basket and leave it in my room. I’ll fold it when I come back.”

 

“Okay Xuan unnie! I’ll do that for you. You can count on me.”

 

Xuan smiled. “I’ll text you when it’s done washing. Alright, take care now. Stay out of trouble.” With that, Xuan left the dorms and headed to the laundry room. 

 

After putting her dirty clothes in the washer and setting a timer on her phone, Xuan headed outside the building and walked to the nearest cafe. It was a bit of a far walk but it was worth it for Xuan since this cafe was her favorite. 

 

When she arrived, Xuan ordered her usual order: caramel macchiato and two bagels with cream cheese. After paying, she sat at the corner by the window and took out her tablet. “Wow, it's been a while since I drew. Hopefully, my skills didn’t fade away.” She wasn’t the best artist (compared to her friends who were art majors which is an unfair comparison lol) but she looks toward drawing as a way to relax. Xuan opened a new blank canvas and started to do some simple sketches.

 

Soon, the waiter arrived with her order. “Here you go Miss.”

 

Xuan smiled and bowed. “Thank you.” The waiter smiled back and left Xuan. Xuan took a sip of her drink and smiled happily. “I love this place so much.”

 

Xuan took out her earbuds and put them in her ears. She took out her phone and played her usual EDM music playlist. Afterwards she continued drawing. She ended up sketching herself in one of her old rave outfits, using her photos as references to help her draw.

 

After she was done with her sketch, an idea came into her mind. “Hmm since the girls are covering Dabin’s songs, I think it would be nice for them to dress like they’re at a rave. But I have to find outfits that are appropriate and comfortable for them to wear. Especially for Yuna. God the company and the fans would kill me if I dressed up the maknae in a scandalous outfit.” 

 

Xuan pulled up her phone and started looking for rave outfits ideas for the girls. Once she found some, she started sketching out their outfits. As she was beginning to sketch out Ryujin’s outfit, her phone alarm went out. She quickly turned it off and texted Chaeryeong.

 

[Hey Chaeryeong. My clothes are done washing. Can you put them in the dryer for me please?]

 

After a few minutes, Chaeryeong texted back.

 

[Okay! I will unnie.]

 

After receiving the text, Xuan put her phone down and continued sketching the girls outfits for the mini concert. After finishing the outfits, Xuan packed up her stuff and headed out, thanking the workers before she did. 

 

Xuan went to the nearest bus station and took the bus to the park. After getting off, she walked around the park, taking in each beautiful scene as she strolled through the place. Xuan took a deep breath. “Nature never ceases to amaze me.” Xuan took out her phone and took some pictures of certain places at the park. “This would be a good place to do a photoshoot… I miss doing random photo shoots with my friends.” Xuan continued strolling through the park.

 

As she walked, she noticed a lot of couples at the park, either walking hand in hand, taking pictures together, or having a picnic together. “There’s so many couples today. It is a nice day for going out at the park.” Xuan sighed. “Why do I feel like God is telling me something?” 

 

Xuan looked at her phone and opened the message that Hien sent her. “What do I even say if we talk again? ‘Hey baby thanks for responding back after months of no communication on your end. I hope you’re doing well while I’m here crying and anticipating that we will break up.’… That's too harsh even for me.” Xuan locked her phone and put it away. She continued walking throughout the whole park.

 

After walking for about an hour, Xuan received a text from Chaeryeong.

 

[Unnie, your clothes have finished drying. I’m taking them back to the dorm now.]

 

[Sounds good. Thank you!]

 

Xuan sighed. “Time to hit the gym! That way I can come back to some nice and fresh clean clothes to change into.” Xuan went to the bus station and headed back to the dorms for their gym. 

 

Meanwhile back at the dorms, Chaeryeong was carrying Xuan’s basket full of clean clothes inside. She saw the others sitting in the living room watching a movie. “Hey girls.

 

Yuna looked up and smiled. “Hi unnie! Are those Xuan unnie’s clothes?

 

Chaeryeong nodded. “She’ll be out for a bit. She just texted me that she’s at the gym and she’ll be here in an hour or two.

 

Ryujin’s jaws dropped. “She’s going to work out that long? What is she going to do? Run for like an hour and drop to exhaustion?

 

Lia spoke up. “She told me once that whenever she works out, she does a routine that her friend puts her through and she’s been keeping that routine ever since. I’m pretty sure she told me a story that her friend was at the gym for like 4 hours once.

 

The girls gasped. “Four hours? I can barely do an hour before I get tired.” Chaeryeong said.

 

An idea popped into Yeji’s head. “How about we help Xuan out and fold her clothes while she’s at the gym?”

 

But Xuan unnie said she’ll do it herself when she gets back home.” Chaeryeong explained.

 

Yeah but I think she’ll be tired after the gym. And then she has to shower and make us lunch. I think it’ll be a good break for her. We will even buy takeout when lunch comes around.”

 

That’s our leader for ya.” Ryujin said.

 

Come on and let’s fold Xuan’s clothes together. It’ll be faster that way.” Yeji said as she grabbed the basket from Chaeryeong and dumped all of Xuan’s clothes on the floor.

 

As the girls were folding her clothes, Yuna grabbed one of Xuan’s hoodies and smiled. “This is such a cute hoodie!” She hugged it, “And it’s super soft! I want this hoodie too.

 

Lia laughed. “Xuan surprisingly has some cute designs for her clothes. Despite her boyish style and- yah Yuna! What are you doing?” Lia yelled as she saw Yuna trying on Xuan’s hoodie.

 

I really like this hoodie. Maybe Xuan can help us shop while we go to her hometown.” Ryujin flicked Yuna’s forehead. “Owwwww why unnie?” 

 

Don’t go wearing other people’s clothes without permission.” Ryujin lectured. 

 

No fair. Chaeryeong unnie still wears Xuan’s black jacket.” Yuna whined.

 

Chaeryeong blushed. “I-It’s because I haven’t had the time to wash it and give it back. You should do the same for that hoodie Yuna.

 

Fine but I’m wearing it til it’s our laundry day.” Yuna said happily as she continued folding Xuan’s clothes.

 

Ryujin shook her head. “Aish this goliath. I swear Xuan is gonna lecture you and- oh , these pants are really cool.” Ryujin lifted one of Xuan’s pants. “I’m gonna go try these on.” Ryujin got up and went into her own room to change.

 

Yah! Ryujin, you just said not to wear other people’s clothes without permission. At this rate, Xuan won’t have any- wow these shorts are nice. Imma steal these for the day.” Yeji said as she got up and went into her room.

 

Lia and Chaeryeong sighed and shook their heads. “Xuan is gonna lecture them like it’s no tomorrow.” Lia said as she continued folding Xuan’s clothes.

 

Hopefully she won’t be too mad.” Chaeryeong said as she also continued folding Xuan’s clothes as well. Then she picked up a pair of shorts. “Awww, these are so cute. But how come I never seen Xuan walking around the dorms in these?

 

Lia smirked as an idea popped into her head. “I dare you to wear those.

 

Chaeryeong blushed furiously. “U-Unnie why?

 

Aren’t you curious on how it feels to wear your crushes clothes? I bet you that jacket isn’t enough for you.” Lia said teasingly.

 

Chaeryeong huffed. “Fine but only if you wear it too.

 

Lia’s eyes widened. “Eh?! Why me too?

 

Chaeryeong crossed her arms. “It’s not fair if all of us are wearing Xuan’s unnies clothes and you’re the only one who doesn’t get a lecture from her.

 

Lia sighed. “Fine. What do you want me to wear?”

 

Chaeryeong smiled and pulled out the same shorts but a different design. “Wear these. We can at least match.” Chaeryeong gave Lia the shorts and both of them went into their rooms and changed.

 

After working out at the gym for two hours, Xuan finally came home back to the dorms, dripping in sweat. “I'm home, girls. I’m gonna take a quick shower first and then I’ll get started on lunch.” Xuan took off her shoes and headed straight to her bathroom. When she was done with her shower, she went out and saw her basket with all her clothes already folded. Awww those girls actually folded my clothes. They really didn’t have to. Xuan grabbed her basket and headed inside her room.

 

Xuan laid out her clothes on her bed and organized them by category. When she laid all of her clothes, she realized she’s missing some of her clothes. “Did Chaeryeong forget some of my clothes in the dryer?” A knock on her door interrupted her thoughts. “I’ll be there soon. Let me put on my clothes first.” Xuan quickly put on her sports bra, underwear, casual shorts and a shirt. She went to open the door and revealed Yeji… who was wearing her soju shorts. “Yeji… why are you wearing my shorts?”

 

Yeji shrugged. “I like them. I’m surprised they make these and you have them.” Yeji twirled around. “Do I look cute?”

 

Xuan sighed and rubbed her temples. “Yeji you shouldn’t be stealing my clothes and wearing them.” That explains where those went. Where are the rest? “Anyway, what’s up?”

 

“Yuna and Ryujin are back from getting takeout. We thought you were tired so we got food instead.”

 

Xuan smiled. “You didn’t have to. I would be happy to cook.”

 

Yeji shook her head. “It’s fine. Eating out once in a while is a treat for us. Let’s go.” Yeji left with Xuan following behind.

 

Yeji went to get Lia and Chaeryeong from their room. Xuan greeted Yuna and Ryujin at the dining room but her eyes widened when she saw that Yuna was wearing her hoodie and Ryujin was wearing her pants. “Not you two, too. Why are you guys wearing my clothes? I just got those cleaned.” 

 

“But unnie, this hoodie is so cute! Can I get one from your hometown?” Yuna pleaded.

 

“Can I also get these pants too? I like the rose design.” Ryujin asked.

 

Xuan sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. “Now I know where those clothes went…”

 

“Hey Xuan!” Lia said.

 

“H-Hi Xuan unnie.” Chaeryeong greeted.

 

Xuan looked to the side and her eyes widened big, with a bright blush forming on her face. “Those are my…”

 

“Don’t we look cute, Xuan unnie?” Chaeryeong asked as she and Lia did a small twirl with her… boxers. “I’m surprised you don’t wear these shorts around. They’re cute and comfortable.”

 

“Because…” Xuan took a deep breath. “You two are wearing my boxers. As in my underwear.” Xuan flatly said.

 

There was a moment of silence in the dorm. Then, Chaeryeong and Lia started blushing. “AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” The two girls screamed.

 

“Alright enough! All of you! Sit on the couch now!” Xuan yelled and the girls complied.

 

Xuan glared at the Itzy members while crossing her arms. The girls looked at Xuan with guilt on their faces. Well, except Lia and Chaeryeong who were avoiding Xuan’s angry gaze. “What were you girls thinking? Stealing and wearing my clothes without permission. It’s different when I offer you girls because that’s the nice thing to do but this! This is different.”

 

“Sorry Xuan/unnie.” The girls said.

 

Xuan took a deep breath. “You girls will be punished for this. And I expect all of you to clean those clothes before giving it back.” Xuan looked at Lia and Chaeryeong. “Expect you two.” Xuan blushed, “No point in getting those back. Feels weird.”

 

“W-what kind of punishment are we getting?” Lia asked.

 

Xuan smirked. “We’re going to work out tomorrow. You girls will join me in my workout routine.” She stepped closer to the girls, startling the girls. “And I will put you girls through hell. No mercy will be given.”

 

“Y-yes Xuan/unnie.” The girls muttered.

 

“Good.” Xuan took a step back. “Now let’s eat. I’m hungry.”

 

Let’s just say… lunch and the rest of the day was awkward for the girls and Xuan.

 

==========================================================================

 

A little fun chapter with some development for Xuan. Hope you guys enjoy reading and take care. Bye!