Give Me Time 2

Drabbles: Kai Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She was baffled with the turn of events. Of how fast it was. How ridiculous it was. Sure, Ari and Jongin had been acquaintances since they were young but not in the slightest did that fact connote that Kim Jongin knew her.

 

It had been fourteen days following Jongin's nonsensical confession in the library. Ari had been ignoring him. For the first two days, he kept on pestering her, popping out of nowhere like a mushroom, begging for her to talk to him. Which was really annoying. She said she wanted time but again, even the talented center forward he was couldn't understand that simple request. It almost made her wonder if Jongin treated relationships like football. Just aggressively wanting to score a goal.

 

As usual after eating lunch, she was scheduled to go to the library to kill time. One thing was different though. Be it as his form of revenge or he just simply gave up, Kim Jongin was no longer bugging her.

 

Did that mean that he thought of her as a temporary goal and when he didn't succeed, he easily moved on to the next game?

 

Her feet walked past the library until they brought her to the open field.

 

What was she thinking?!

 

The sun wasn't too cruel that day but what she saw in the bleachers was brutal - the cheerleader captain, Ahn Jiwon's body wrapped around Jongin's like a koala. He wasn't reciprocating the physical touch in any way but the second she said something which Ari was unable to hear, he turned around to reply followed by his cute smile.

 

He beamed at Jiwon. With that plump lips. With that adorable smile Ari thought was only meant for her.

 

Damn it.

 

It triggered something in her chest. About to leave, she halted from her steps upon seeing Sohye sitting next to Jongin. Baekhyun was also there, standing in front of Sohye and bickering with her about 'walk of shame' or whatever indecent acts they did that morning. The two didn't even seem to care that the others could hear them. Sighing heavily, Ari walked towards Sohye and wordlessly sat on the empty spot beside her.

 

"Ari?" Sohye narrowed her eyes on her, surprised by her arrival.

 

Ari refused to look at her friend, her eyes focused on the players practicing in the field. Still, she felt how the individuals in the bleachers took notice of her presence, thus, they were all staring at her. She turned her head slightly. The moment she saw Jongin looking at her, she shifted her eyes on the players on the field.

 

What the hell would she say?

 

"Uhm," She began, mindlessly staring at Lee Taemin, Jongin's best friend, who caught the ball from the opposing team. "n-nothing. Just went here to watch the practice." Ari turned to her friend.

 

"What I'm saying is, there's nothing wrong with what we did. Come on, everybody experiences a walk of shame from time to time so-" Baekhyun's loud voice was audible to everyone so Sohye pinched his cheek to make him shut up. The man grumbled but didn't complain, removing the hand twisting his cheek and interlacing their fingers.

 

Seeing their interaction, Ari felt a tad envious. It certainly didn't help that Jongin was being cozy with a famous cheerleader.

 

She felt abandoned. Small. Irrelevant.

 

"You rarely watch practice though." Sohye commented.

 

Ari was about to answer but all off a sudden, a figure appeared before her. Kim Jongin literally abandoned Jiwon on the seat.

 

"Let's talk." He said.

 

Looking away, Ari followed the ball's movement and cheered when Taemin scored a goal. She was trying to ignore the distraction before her very eyes. Nonetheless, that didn't make Jongin stop. He grabbed her wrist and made her stand up.

 

"What are you doing?!" She glared at him.

 

"You wouldn't want for others to hear what I'm about to say, right?"

 

Her cheeks flamed. She pulled out from his grip.

 

She knew exactly why her feet brought her to this place. , she missed Jongin and it was so frustrating to admit that even to herself.

 

Jongin ticked his head to the side, signaling for her to walk first. She did after a quick wave of bye at Sohye. The male pursued after her steps until they arrive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter