Sun: The End of A Beginning, The Beginning of …

Bad habits

BGM: Taylor Swift - Ivy

 

You think I’m your secret, but I think you’re my world.

 

She reads the line over and over again. The words hitting home, reminds her of a certain woman with silver hair and masculine features.

 

Reminds her of the passionate nights that they spent together. The dreams, stories and jokes they told to each other.

 

Reminds her of the laughter they shared and the tears they shed.

 

How did they come to this?

 

Solar Kim Yongsun, used to be a faceless name amongst the Seoul’s socialites. A princess, perfectly hidden somewhere in a foreign land.

 

A princess tied, promised, to another.

 

A princess who knows deep within her, that the freedom she enjoyed for the past 25 years will not last forever.

 

A princess with smiles on her lips, but wounds and scars on her heart.

 

When she was told that she is to be engaged and married to Park Chorong, she knew then, that her freedom was coming to an end. Yet, she was thankful that it was Park Chorong, and not some other guy.

 

It was four months prior to the wedding, her second night in Seoul and her first time to be revealed to the chaebols in Korea. Her fiancé could not come due to some prior engagement and she was left alone to fit in.

 

Clads in a velvety maroon suit and white button ups, the woman with light purple hair came to ask the heiress for a dance.

 

The dance did not last long, not even a minute. Because apparently, the heiress was not supposed to dance with anyone other than her fiancé and the family from both their sides.

 

But it was enough to keep the heiress awake the whole night, and the night after, and the night after, wishing that they would meet again.

 

When they did meet again, it was the heiress 8th night in Korea, which she decided to waste in a rundown bar somewhere she never heard of.

 

They talked and joked, and the heiress was challenged to drink the vodka that the purple haired woman from her party had brought along. She knew she was weak to the alcohol, but still went along with the mischievous glint in the woman’s eyes and took a sip.

 

Boom! She was gone.

 

The next morning she woke up with her head resting comfortably on top of a chest. And she spent the whole morning staring at the woman in her bed, tracing over her facial features, until she had to leave.

 

‘If we meet again …’

 

She didn’t dare to finish the thought. Not when her phone was vibrating wildly in her hand, and her fiancé’s name was showing on the screen.

 

A few days passed by with a blur and she was forced to attend an engagement party on behalf of her parents. So she went, knowing no one, knowing nothing at all.

 

She was alone when she was approached by the woman with purple hair, as Yongsun called her. This time she had her father in tow and they were introduced to each other.

 

Moon ByulE, CEO of Moon Corp.

 

What a beautiful name, deserving for the beautiful face. She had her hair bleached to silver, and memory of the night in the hotel evaded her mind.

 

“You had such a sharp gaze, reminds me of a hunting wolf. I think you could rock silver hair,” the heiress said as she laid her head on top of the other woman’s bare chest.

 

And they met again that same night, when the party was almost over and Yongsun had to leave.

 

This time Yongsun had her fingers wrapped around her fiancé’s arm as they went to say goodbye to the newly engaged couple. But Yongsun’s eyes was fixated on Byul the entire time, noticing how their outfit matched each other so well, and salty over the fact that she was not the one in the woman’s arm.

 

Did she feel sorry for her own fiancé ?

 

Of course she did. Her fiancé was a good woman, the gentle kind, the gets out of the car and open your door kind.

 

She gave up then.

 

They were both tied and promised to another.

 

Perhaps she was just another mindless to the woman.

 

Perhaps she was just the woman’s drunken mistake.

 

So she went ahead with her days, getting busy to plan for her wedding. The name Moon ByulE slowly forgotten.

 

Or so she thought.

 

She was in the middle of dress fitting, when the text came in. It was from an unknown number, so she knew that it wasn’t her fiancé.

 

‘Can we meet?’ the text said.

 

A face and a name came from the back of her mind. She didn’t know if she was right, but she definitely hoped so.

 

That night, she decided she could no longer stand the unknown. The what ifs in her mind was starting to drive her crazy.

 

So she risked it all.

 

Driving one of her cars, she replied to the text with nothing but gps location. One that she, herself, was driving to.

 

She hit the accelerator harder. Driving so fast along the highway that she might or might not have ran over a few red lights.

 

Yongsun was in the dark. She did not know whether or not the CEO was coming. What if it was someone else?

 

What if it was just some random text being wrongly sent to her number?

 

She sat at the edge of the bed. Contemplating on her decision.

 

When the doorbell chimed, her heart beats faster. Both from being nervous and giddy.

 

She peeked through the peeking hole and was relieved to see the CEO’s face. Letting a few seconds passed to not seems to eager, she finally opened the door with a wide smile on her face.

 

“I miss you,” the CEO said, panting slightly.

 

The room continued to become their secret hideouts for the next few months. Sometimes they went for , sometimes they went just because they miss each other’s cuddles.

 

Finally it is already a month before the heiress’s wedding.

 

She knows she’s falling deeper each time she meets the CEO. And she knows she could no longer afford being someone’s secret.

 

She no longer wants her world to be limited to only four walls of the hotel room. She wants to love.

 

Freely.

 

She also knows that Park Chorong deserves someone better than one who lies and cheats. She’s much too good for that.

 

So when the CEO left the room that evening, she instructed her assistant to get her private plane ready. Destination unknown.

 

Maybe Spain where she spent most of her time growing up.

 

Or France, a country where she wants to fall in love in.

 

Maybe just somewhere in Korea, where she might bump into the CEO again if she’s lucky.

 

She then called Park Taeguk herself to cancel her engagement with his princess. She knows, she’s going to be scolded really bad for what she is doing.

 

But she doesn’t care.

 

She refuses to care.

 

So she left.

 

 

Turns out Yongsun fell first, but Byul fell harder. Do you think they should meet again after this?

What do you think of this chapter? Share it with me in the comment down below.

 

Don’t forget to subscribe/upvote. Thank tou.