Moon: The End of A Beginning, The Beginning of …

Bad habits

BGM: Seori – Lovers in the Night

 

Bad habits, always, derive from bad decisions.

 

That is what she was told as a teen, when she was borderline alcoholic. She knew then, that her bad habit started when she mingled with the wrong crowds.

 

Party all week. Alcohol all night.

 

Skipped schools. sleep.

 

But Kim Yongsun …

 

Kim Yongsun, the sole heiress of K Group … when did it start?

 

Which was her first bad decision?

 

Was it when she first asked her for a dance during the heiress’s welcoming party?

 

Or was it when she met her in slightly run down bar at the outskirt of Seoul?

 

Maybe she shouldn’t have approached the heiress that night.

 

Or maybe she shouldn’t have challenged the heiress to drink her vodka then.

 

But how could she have known that the heiress was so bad at handling alcohol. One sip, and she’s gone.

 

It was supposed to be a heroic act from her. Saving the damsel in distress, or in this case, saving the drunk damsel in a wild bar full of predators.

 

Wrapping her arms around the heiress’s waist, another under her knees, she carried the heiress to her car and drove them to the fanciest hotel she could find downtown..

 

Maybe it was then.

 

No, she is now sure. That was her first of many bad decisions with Kim Yongsun.

 

When she refused to leave the heiress alone and insisted to stay for the night.

 

When she chose to sleep on the same bed with the heiress.

 

When she surrendered to the heiress’s drunken caresses.

 

When she let the heiress to strip her and when she made no effort to stop what happened next.

 

She left the hotel with promises the next day.

 

To keep the night as her forever secret.

 

To not repeat what happened that night ever again, not with the same heiress again, at least.

 

And they met again, a few night after. This time in a ballroom at the fanciest hotel in Seoul, instead of the rundown bar. This time it was to celebrate Byul’s engagement instead of a meaningless night of party and alcohol.

 

Yongsun was clad in her red off shoulder satin dress paired with a red 5 inches heels. The long slid that started from her mid-thigh, down to her ankles teasing of what lies underneath.

 

Nothing that Byul hadn’t see, anyway.

 

Moonbyul on the other had was looking sharp in her black suit, black button ups and red tie.

 

They shook hands and it brought Moonbyul back to the night in the hotel. Specifically the minute when she pinned the heiress’s hand above her head while the woman was riding her high.

 

They said nothing though. Polite smiles were exchanged in silence. It was Byul’s engagement party after all.

 

But too bad for her fiancé, because all Byul could remember from that night was her handshake with Yongsun and the sneaky glances that they both shared for the rest of the night.

 

“Congratulations,” Yongsun said when they they met for the second time that night, but this time she had her fingers wrapped around someone else’s arms, which she later introduced as her fiancé.

 

Park Chorong.

 

A rising lawyer, the only princess of Park Taeguk and Ma Yideum, the founder of Park Law Firm.

 

They were engaged and set to be married in a few months. She had seen the way they interacted, how the lawyer brought smiles to the heiress face.

 

And the way the lawyer draped her jacket on the heiress’s shoulder later that night, when the air grew colder.

 

They looked so perfect together.

 

Byul knew then, that what they had few nights ago was only meant to be a one nights stand.

 

But what can she do when the ring on the heiress’s finger caught her eyes, and all she could think of was how she wishes that it was hers?

 

What can she do when all the careless after that night no longer as fun as it used to be?

 

What can she do when every single caress, every single kiss, reminded her of that night and she hoped that it was the heiress’s hand and the heiress’s lips that was on her?

 

What can she do when every time she talked on the phone with her fiancée, she hoped that it was Yongsun she was talking to?

 

What can she do when every time she closes her eyes, all that she could ever see was the heiress’s face?

 

She was just a woman after-all, a weak one at that.

 

So she made another bad decision.

 

She took her phone out of her pocket and shoot a text, not knowing whether or not she would get a reply.

 

‘Can we meet?’

 

She waited.

 

An hour.

 

Two hours.

 

Then the once blue sky turned to orange hues, and the orange hues turned to a dark sky.

 

No moon.

 

No stars.

 

The clock hit 11 and Byul had given up, no longer hoping for a reply. Instead she got ready to ho home.

 

When her phone chimed, she thought it was just another text from her fiancé. Only to be surprised when she saw that it was a text from Yongsun.

 

She wrote nothing. Not even a hi, or sorry for the late reply.

 

Nothing, saved for the gps location, pinning to the same hotel that she had drove the heiress to the nights before.

 

Not wasting another second, Byul reached for her car keys and shot a text to her mom informing that she won’t be home for the night before she drove her car fast along the highways to the outskirt of Seoul.

 

“I miss you,” she admitted when the door to the room was opened, revealing the woman that had been occupying her mind.

 

With a smile, she stepped into the room, only to be pushed to the wall and greeted with passionate kisses along the length of her jaw.

 

There, right there was the beginning of their affair.

 

They had been talking about stopping for a few times, but never succeed. They just kept on coming back to each other, just like the moon gravitating around the sun.

 

“What are we?” Yongsun asked once. They were back into the hotel room, chests pressed together and Yongsun’s head right above Byul’s heart.

 

It was intimate.

 

Vulnerable.

 

“Anything,” Byul replied, staring blankly at the ceiling, fingers playing with the strands of Yongsun’s hair, “We could be anything and there’s no need to put a label on what we’re doing now,”

 

BGM: Seori ft eaJ – Dive with You

 

Pouring herself another glass of Whiskey, Byul get back to reading the headlines of the Kim heiress’s leaving on the tabloids. Now that the older woman is no where to be found, Byul is suddenly feeling lost.

 

Helpless even.

 

She fell in love.

 

They fell in love.

 

But can their love conquer it all? Are they brave enough to fight?

 

Do they even worth the fight?

 

Byul spent the whole night awake. Thinking, as she poured one after another glass of whiskey.

 

Byul puts her ipad away when the sun rises the next day, and the rays peeked through the slits of her curtains. She is done thinking, she decided.

 

Standing up, she stretches her body to loosen up the tight muscles and walks out of the room with a smile tugging on her lips, not looking back even once.

 

I miss you – Moonbyul’s first ever personal tweet’

 

‘We were strangers in the light, but lovers in the night– Is this artist Byul hinting on her next song?’

 

‘Moonbyul to go on hiatus both as CEO and artist, Moon Corp. refuses to gives out more details.’

 

‘Moonbyul seen at the airport leaving Korea and refusing any interviews.’

 

What do you think of this chapter?

 

Please comment, subscribe and upvote. Thank you.