MoonSun: The End of A Beginning, The Beginning of Forever

Bad habits

BGM:. IU – The Visitor

Tap

Tap

The sound of the rain hitting the large one-way window of her office pulls her out of her focus. Tearing her eyes away from the words on the book that she is reading, she looks at the window.

Her eyes trailing along the droplets of water. Dark clouds has replaced the one blue sky, making the day seems gloomy.

Folding the top corner of the page that she is stopping at, she closes the books and slides it into her top drawer. She then walks to the window and looks at the people on the sidewalk.

Some has their head covered with an umbrella, some settled with their briefcases or handbags. While the others chose to make do with their hands.

“If I look harder, will I see your face amongst the crowds?” She wonders as she continues to stare at the rain.

They say whatever happened, happens for a good reason and time could heal every wound.

But where is the good in this goodbye? Why is she still hurting like this?

Why is she even hurting?

She knew what they had were not ideal. They were two people tied to another and cheating with each other. Their world was no bigger than the four walls of the room.

She fell in love, so what? Did the CEO feels the same too?

She doesn’t know.

But why does she still loves her?

Why does every love song still reminds her of the CEO?

Why is she still hoping? What she is even hoping for?

The CEO never promised her love. All they talked about was to stop the affair, but not what to happen after.

So why she is still dwelling after the what ifs? Why is she still waiting for the CEO to come and sweeps her off her feet again?

She has spends the last year and a half in this small town. Hiding, in a rather plain sight and hoping to be found.

After the stunt that she pulled, it was no surprise that she was banned from returning to Korea by her very own father. All her access to her credit cards were also blocked.

She was forced to live off the cash that she had in her purse on the day she rode the plane, as well as the cash she had in her bank which can thankfully lasts a year or two of she chose not to work.

The first three months, she did nothing but to lock herself up in the place that she rented. Only going pit when necessary.

The next three months, she went and did part time job here and there. Her clumsiness caused her to be scolded a lot.

Some days, she mistook the customers’ order.

Some days she broke the plates.

That was when she decided that labor work does not suit her. So she rented out a small business lot, gambling over a quarter of her savings and opened a café which she named as ‘Kim Heiress’.

It is a peculiar name, she admits. But she chose the name for a reason.

Maybe one day, the café will be big enough that it will reach Seoul, specifically a certain CEO. Then maybe, if she has any luck left after that, they can meet again.

These days, she has been living for the hope of it all. But she can feel her hope fading, especially after her meeting with her ex-fiance a few weeks ago.

Imagine her surprise when she saw the woman sitting leisurely in her café. A cup of steaming black coffee left to cool on her table as she busied herself with the phone in her hands.

The woman was said to be traveling, taking breaks from her hectic schedule, when she saw the sign of her café. The name intrigued her.

So she just walked in with nothing to lose, hoping that she might bumped into the missing heiress. And she did.

They spent the rest of the evening together. Yongsun even confessed to her affair and apologized for it. It was their closure, one that Chorong deserved.

After Chorong’s departure, she spent the rest of the night awake and thinking.

Even Chorong found her, and that woman was not even looking. So why can’t Moonbyul? What is stopping the CEO?

“Are they really not meant to be?”

She starts questioning herself.

The worst thing about questioning yourself? It’s that you also create the answer yourself.

Maybe the CEO has forgotten about her and their affair that summer.

Maybe the CEO is now happy with someone else, her wife possibly.

Maybe the affair was meant to be just that.

Maybe she’s the august in Betty and James’ love story.

And it hurts, harder as more time passes her by.

They started off as a mistake. The most beautiful mistakes, if she were to be asked. And the mistakes continued for several month as they continued to meet behind their fiance’s back, sober.

Can they turn the mistake into something beautiful? Do they even worth another try?

Most importantly, does the CEO even want to?

Because she does.

She is ready, to be stripped off every tittle.

To settle in the small town forever, or anywhere the CEO would take her to, and to start anew in the CEO’s arms

But does the CEO wants the same?

BGM: Taylor Swift – Begin Again

The air grows colder, despite the rain settling to a lighter drizzles. Casting one final look over the empty sidewalk, she turns and walks out of her office.

Her heels click against the ground and her purple flowy dress flutters against her arms with her every strides.

“Wheein-ah, can I have one hot latte pretty please?”

“Coming right up!” the other barista with a mole on one side of her cheeks replies. She then ushers Wheein to sit saying that the woman has worked hard enough and she should rests her feet after standing for so long.

She smiles. Leaning more over the counter to watch the cute banter between the two teens.

“Cute,” she muses.

How she longs to have someone like that in her life. To remind her of little things like taking rest after a long day at work, or to bring her dinner when she’s too far gone in her work or reading.

Image of certain someone came into her mind, and she quickly pushes it out.

She then sweeps her gaze around the café, only to see it being almost fully occupied. Not a normal sight on Wednesday. Perhaps they all came to take cover from the sudden rain.

Her eyes lingers at a certain customer. The suit, her small frame and fair skin, reminds her of the CEO.

“We have another Korean today. I think words have reached far and here’s your latte by the way,”

The woman turns her head and their gazes met. Hwasa’s voice falls upon her deaf ears.

And on Wednesday

In a café

I watch it begin again

Taylor Swift’s voice fading into the background as she stares at the CEO, walking to her.

She still looks sharp as ever in her suit. Her hair is shorter, barely reaching her shoulders and bleached to orange.

“Hello, Kim heiress-ssi,” the CEO says with mischievous glint in her eyes.

Oh, how she misses getting annoyed by the slightly taller hamster. She feels it more now, as she looks at the teasing smirk tugging on the CEO’s lips.

Silent.

Everything is silent. More like every sound is disregarded as they stand there, gazing into each other’s eyes in disbelief.

Finally, they met.

After so many sleepless nights. Finally they are standing across each other again.

“What are you doing here?” she asks, itching to cross over and kiss the CEO senseless.

“I’m home,” the CEO answers, slightly breathless as she takes in the beauty in front of her, “Sorry that you have to wait this long,”

“Any bagages?”

Smiling, the CEO takes two steps forward, eliminating the distance between the two of them and wraps her fingers at both sides of the heiress’s waist.

“No. I left it all,”

The heiress looks up, staring into the CEO’s eyes to search for the truth behind the answers.

When she is sure, she wraps her arms around the CEO’s nape and pulls it closer. She then closes her eyes and waits for their lips to crash against each other.

 

I was confused whether to use kodaline – high hop or iu’s song for the first half of this chapter. Maybe you can try it with both songs? Lol

Anyway, what do you think of this chapter? Tell me about it in the comment below.

Explanation coming next. Thank you.