The Student Councils

Lucky Like That

“Unnie unnie. Have you heard about the trio student council?” Juyeon looked flush as she sat across Luda, followed by Dawon taking her seat beside her.

 

“Easy, Juyeon. What is it?” Replied Luda calmly, eye signal to Dawon and Dawon just shrugged.

 

“I hear that the student council is back from their trip today.” Juyeon looked excited.

 

“Okay, so?” Luda didn’t react as Juyeon expected.

 

Juyeon sighed. “Unnie! You really didn’t hear anything about them?”

 

“Ludi doesn’t care about gossip.” Dawon interrupted nonchalantly and made Luda grin.

 

“Sorry, Juyeon-ah. What is it? Tell me.”

 

“So, apparently I heard that these trio of student councils, which are the higher up, are super popular and powerful too.”

 

“Of course, because they are a student council. What the fuss?”

 

“What I mean by super popular and powerful is that they have a veeeery big influence and no one dares to get close with them. Like these three are always the talk of the campus, not to mention that every woman and man has a crush on them. There is also a saying, let me quote “Whenever these trio walk together, there will be at least one student who will fall”.”

 

Luda looked at Juyeon unbelievably. “Fall what?”

 

“Fall in love.” Juyeon clasped her hand with sparkling eyes. 

 

Luda shook her head. “Nonsense.”

 

“Aish, this unnie has no fun.” Juyeon leaned back to her chair, hopeless with her friend’s response.

 

Dawon chuckled. “I said so, Son Juyeon. She didn’t care about gossip.”

 

They continued talking about several other topics when they heard a commotion slowly rising up in that cafeteria.

 

“Unnie unnie unnie!” Juyeon tried to grab Luda’s attention, which was on her phone for a while.

 

“What is it again, Son Juyeon?”

 

“Look there!” 

 

Luda and Dawon followed Juyeon’s finger which were pointing at the cafe’s entrance. 

They saw three women walking into the cafeteria and heard people gasping and whispering with each other. 

 

Luda looked at her surroundings and realised what Juyeon said was true. When the three walk together, they become the talk of the campus. She frowned when she saw how men and women looked at them like that. She swears she can see their eyes turned into a heart shape. 

 

The three student councils ignored the commotion like they used to. The shortest of the three fastened her step when she found the person she's looking for, followed by the other two. 

 

Juyeon gasped when she noticed that the student councils were approaching their table and panicked. 

 

"Luda!"

 

The shortest hugged her from the back. "I miss you so much, baby." She whispered in the girl's ear, proceeding to sit beside her.

 

Juyeon closed with her hand, unbelieving at what she is seeing in front of her eyes now. She also heard some loud gasps from across the cafe. 

 

Luda smiled. 

 

"How's your first week of freshman year? Everything alright?" The woman with bangs sat beside Luda which made Luda sitting in between of the two student councils. She patted her head gently and made the other students gasp even louder. 

 

"Ah, Hyunjung unnie! Don't mess with my hair!" 

 

Hyunjung chuckled. 

 

"Everything is fine. Nothing much to do since it is still early in the semester. How's the trip?" Luda looked at Hyunjung and the other woman back and forth. 

 

"Nothing special other than Jiyeon bickering with Sojung for every minute, right Jiyeonie?" 

 

Jiyeon grinned innocently. 

 

"Juyeon-ah, are you alright?" Dawon giggled at Juyeon. She still couldn't grip herself together and was surprised at what was happening. Just now, she's the one who is excited about the trio student council. And look at her being flabbergasted now. 

 

Luda laughed but Jiyeon and Hyunjung looked confused. 

 

They saw Dawon whispering to Juyeon, making Juyeon let out her loudest gasp and immediately close . Her eyes wandered between Hyunjung, Luda and Jiyeon.

 

“Are you being serious, unnie?” 

 

“What is serious?” Sojung came with drinks in her hand. “Oh, err.. Can I sit here?” Asked Sojung politely to sit beside Dawon since that was the only empty seat there. Dawon nodded.

 

“Dawon, this is your first time meeting Sojung unnie, right?” Luda looked at her best friend. “Sojung unnie, this is Dawon, my best friend. And unnies, this is Juyeon, our new friend.” Luda introduced all of them together. 

 

“Hi, Juyeon.” Jiyeon greeted her cheerfully but the lack of response from Juyeon made her frown. “What’s wrong with her?” She whispered to Luda. 

 

“Don’t worry, she’s fine. She was just shocked that THE TRIO OF STUDENT COUNCILS are in front of her now.” Luda and Dawon laughed because they know Juyeon was really taken aback at the fact that Luda is Jiyeon and Hyunjung’s girlfriend which she has been talking about since then.

 

When the laughter had died down, Luda averted her attention to Dawon and Sojung again. “Sojung unnie, you always said you want to meet Dawon, right?”

 

“Huh? I said that?” Sojung feigned her innocent face. 

 

“Every single time when you overheard her voice in my song, Chu Sojung.” Hyunjung who has been quite glaring at the President of the student council. 

 

“Hahaha” Sojung laughed awkwardly. “Unnie, you’re so funny.” Her face turned red immediately.

 

“Dawon-ssi. Please, I’m not a creep. I just overheard your voice a few times and casually said that I want to meet the owner of the beautiful voice.”

 

Dawon turned to a bright tomato at the sudden compliment which also she thinks that the older one is also flirting with her. 

 

“Urgh, these gay people.” Luda scoffed. “Unnie, I have to go to class now.” 

 

“Come on, we will walk you there.” Hyunjung took Luda’s books on the table, and Jiyeon grabbed Luda’s bag. “Unnies?”

 

“What?” Both of them asked simultaneously, making Luda sighed again.  She knows there is no point to argue about this because she will lose, apparently. “Nothing. Let’s go.” 

 

The three of them left their friends, not turning back.

 

“Dawon unnie,” Juyeon turned to her side. “They are really dating?”

 

“Yes, Son Juyeon.”

 

“Why didn't you tell me earlier? It was so embarrassing when I was talking about them but in fact they are each other’s girlfriends.”

 

“Erm because it was fun teasing you?” Dawon laughed. “I’m sorry, Juyeon.” She apologised not in an apologetic way.

 

“What were you talking about?” Sojung asked them curiously.

 

“She said something about the trio of student councils being popular and every time they were walking together, at least one person would fall. Right, Juyeon?” Dawon teased.

 

“Fall?”

 

“Falling in love.” Sojung joined Dawon laughing.

 

“Ah, okay. So did any of you fall in love when we were walking together just now?” 

 

“No.” Replied Dawon simply. 

 

“No?” Repeated Sojung.

 

“Yeah, no.”

 

“O-kay..”

 

“Anyway unnie, why is this your first time meeting Sojung sunbaenim? Haven't you met before? Since your best friends are girlfriends?” Juyeon changed the topic about the two.

 

“Luda has met Sojung sunbaenim because she always hangs out at Jiyeon unnie and Hyunjung unnie’s apartment.”

 

“Ah..okok.” Juyeon nodded and understood.

 

“Wait a minute.” Sojung lifted her hand. “Why did you call Hyunjung unnie and Jiyeon, unnie.. But you call me sunbaenim?” She frowned.

 

“Because I just met you?” 

 

“Okay. But please don’t be formal with me. You can just call me unnie, like Luda. You too, Juyeon.” Sojung smiled, was a bit demanding. “We’ll see.” Dawon didn’t bother to comply.

 

Before Sojung could say anything, Juyeon immediately agreed and said they had to leave first for their class, leaving Sojung in a bit of dissatisfaction.

 

 

 

P.s. Do my reader loves this? I'm sorry if it was a bit cringy :]