Luda's (Not So Secret) Admirer

Lucky Like That

Day by day, it's been months and almost their midterm exam. Luda, a pretty and smart student (also sometimes a nerd) obviously didn't have any problem with her studies. She's also been good at ignoring people's talking about her and her girlfriends. 

Everything is fine until one day, there's a guy who keeps bothering her. He is a classmate from calculus class. At first, he just asked a few questions about the assignments since they are groupmate that the professor has assigned for them. But then, it bothers Luda when he starts a small talk like asking Luda's favourite movie, and even her ideal type. 

Luda, being polite and doesn't want to have ill-feeling with her classmate, avoids and rejects his every initiation. Until one day, he starts being more assertive. He would buy Luda a flower, chocolate and keep giving her although he saw Luda throw them into the dustbin in front of him. Luda doesn't tell her girlfriends about this since she doesn't want them to worry, but it went out of control when he was bothering her outside of the class. 

"Luda, wait!" He tried to get a hold of Luda's hand when Luda quickly ran out of the lecture hall. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Luda snapped her hand and shouted at him. 

"I'm talking to you. Why are you running away?" he asked with a sly smile. 

Pathetic disgusting man. 

Luda kept it to herself. She ignored him and ran to her bestie when she noticed Dawon was not far from them. 

"Dawon-ah!" 

Dawon turned around and saw the smaller girl was running away from a guy who tried to block her way. She frowned. She quickly changed her direction to Luda and met her halfway. 

"Who is that guy?" Dawon asked her after they left the place. 

Luda shrugged. "A creepy pathetic disgusting annoying sickening man who is thinking he is prince charming to ask me out." Luda grumbled. "Disgusted."

"How long has he been disturbing you? The unnies know?" Dawon looked concerned. 

"A few weeks maybe. Since we became a groupmate for this one assignment. I haven't told them because I don't want them to worry." Luda sighed thinking how she was gonna face him to finish the assignment. Certainly, it is a group assignment so there are another two students when they have discussions, but to sit on the same table with him. Luda grimaced at the thought. 

"Maybe you should tell them before it goes out of your control, Luda. I don't want it to get worse. Look at him just now, I'm sure he is the type that will not give up until he gets what he wants. Maybe the unnies know what they should do." Dawon patted her shoulder understandingly. 

"I will." Luda sighed again. She thinks what probably the unnies would do if they knew about this. She suddenly remembers Hyunjung unnie's reminder to tell them if anyone hurts her. 

I will tell them if his actions turn out to be violent one more time. 

 

-

 

A few days passed, and Luda couldn't be more than grateful that the guy had stopped harassing her. Their group assignment also doesn't have any meeting or discussion so she hasn't met him directly again since the day Dawon saved her from him. 

 

Jiyeon unnie <3:

I'm waiting outside. 

 

Luda smiled while reading Jiyeon's text. She stuffed her stationeries and notes when the professor started to give his last few words about their upcoming midterm. 

Once the lecture had adjourned, Luda stood and walked out of the hall brightly with the thought of meeting Jiyeon. 

"You look pretty when you smile like that."

An arm blocked her way. 

Luda looked up and saw a disgusting face that she wanted to avoid so much. Her smile washed away. 

"Excuse me, someone is waiting for me outside." For once, Luda thanked her small figure so that she could easily pass him. 

"Hey, what's the rush?" He wanted to grab Luda's hand when she heard Luda calling for someone. 

"Jiyeon unnie!!"

Jiyeon looked up from her smartphone after hearing a very familiar sweet voice. Her smile vanished but knitted her eyebrows when she saw a guy following Luda closely. Promptly, she approached her girlfriend. 

"Is this guy bothering you?" The first question as soon as Jiyeon reached Luda. Her voice sounded cold and stern. 

Luda held Jiyeon's right arm. "Come on, unnie." She kind of put force in pulling Jiyeon to leave him. 

"Don't mess with, Luda." Jiyeon was able to threaten him before following Luda's steps to the cafeteria. 

They entered the usual cafeteria they go to and saw Dawon and Juyeon already there at one of the tables. 

"Where is Hyunjung unnie?" Luda decided to distract Jiyeon from thinking about him when frown didn't escape her face yet. 

"She has some discussion". Replied Jiyeon shortly. 

"Luda, who is him? Is he bothering you? Is he hurting you?" Asked Jiyeon as soon as they sat at the table with Dawon and Juyeon. 

"Who?" Juyeon asked.

"That guy is still pestering you?" Dawon looked a bit surprised. Jiyeon looked even more surprised after hearing Dawon.

"He's been harassing you for a long time? Why didn't you tell me or Hyunjung unnie?" Jiyeon looked at Luda with a mixture of anger and worry. "What had he done?"

"He once gave me flowers, chocolates and kept giving even after I threw them in the trash in front of him. Sometimes, he also tries to hold my hand and block my way, just like what you’ve seen." Luda explained in a small voice. "I don't want to worry both of you." She continued. 

Jiyeon took a deep breath, placed her hand on the younger cheek. "You should worry about yourself too, Ludi. You didn't know what he was capable of and might do when you keep rejecting him."

"He seems desperate too." Dawon quickly added. 

"Yes, and we don't know how or when a desperate person could turn into a dangerous one." Said Jiyeon softly. She's not mad with Luda but she is just angry at the thought of Luda being harassed. "Do you need me to tell Hyunjung unnie?" 

Luda knew what that meant. If Jiyeon is more assertive, Hyunjung's protective mode could turn to possessiveness and she doesn't want to imagine what Hyunjung would do if she knew about him. That was why she didn't tell them yet. 

"I can handle him for now but I will tell you once he goes overboard." 

"You better. Or else, I'll confront him by myself." 

Luda smiled knowingly. 

 

-

 

That guy didn't give up from asking her out, or at least asking her to look at him for once. Luda had told him so many times that she didn't like him and he better stay away before things got worse but he didn't listen. 

He followed Luda's quick steps and moderately pushed Luda to the wall, making Luda groan and glared at him. The other students didn't bother about them. 

"I always asked you nicely, but why can't you be more gentle with me?" 

"You are so ing disgusting!"

Luda pushed him aside and started to walk away when he grabbed Luda's wrist. "What did you say?"

"Hey!! What the hell are you doing?!?"

Both of them turned at the direction the voice came from. Luda saw Hyunjung marching to them angrily. 

"Let go of her hand!"

"Wow this is your third life saviour? You're so impressive!"

"What the..!" Hyunjung lifted up her book then smacked it on his head. 

"Oww!!"

"Don't You Ever Mess! With Luda! Again!!" Hyunjung hissed. "Or I will make sure you fail your semester!!" 

"Who are you that can fail me easily?" He smirked, laughed in mocking. 

"Go ask your friends or seniors who I am, then." She scoffed, grabbed Luda's hand then left him bewildered. 

Luda quietly followed Hyunjung and wanted to open to ask where they were going but waited for Hyunjung to calm down. 

It appears that Hyunjung led her to the secluded campus garden that not many students go to. She let go of Luda's hand, took out her phone and dialled a number and only had to wait for the phone to ring until the second time when the other side picked up her call. 

"Jiyeon-ah, have you finished your class? Good, come to the cosmic garden now. I'm waiting."

It only took five minutes for Jiyeon to appear there but somehow Luda felt like an hour because Hyunjung didn't say anything to her. 

From afar, Jiyeon saw Hyunjung and Luda at the bench with a very unmissable tense and raised her eyebrows.

"Unnie..?" She approached them then sat beside Luda. 

Without wasting more time, Hyunjung addressed the youngest. "So, Luda, can you tell us what happened just now?" She stood in front of them with crossed arms. 

"Erm... That guy didn’t stop pestering on me. And Hyunjung unnie saw him push me when I tried to get away from him.” Luda couldn't lift her head to look at either Jiyeon or Hyunjung. 

"And I heard him say that I was your third life saviour. Who is the first and second?" Hyunjung's tone was still stiff. 

"First is Dawon and second is Jiyeon unnie."

Hyunjung raised her eyebrows at Jiyeon. 

"Why did both of you didn't tell me about this?"

"We don't want it to be more complicated than it should be, unnie." Jiyeon finally spoke after no answer from Luda. "Unnie, please calm down."

Hyunjung took a deep breath. 

"How can I not get mad when there's a guy bothering my girlfriend but they didn't tell me at all? What? I have no right to know? I don't have to do anything if something bad happens to my girlfriends?" Hyunjung barely could wind down her emotion but her voice sounded shaking. 

"Unnie, it's not like that." Jiyeon walked closer to Hyunjung and squeezed her arm gently. Her eyes tell Hyunjung to cool herself and don’t be so mad at Luda.

Hyunjung sighed. She looked at Jiyeon then at Luda who was still looking down at her feet. She crouched in front of Luda, lifted her face using her finger to face her. She saw guilt in her eyes. 

"Ludi," She called the younger girl lovingly. "I'm not mad at you. I just-" 

A ringtone interrupted her. Hyunjung took out her phone and answered the call in annoyance. 

"What?"

She glanced at her watch. 

"Sorry, I forgot. I'll be there in 10 minutes." She exhaled after the call ended. 

"Listen, I'm not mad at you but I hate to see people bothering you or you too Jiyeon," she turned swiftly at Jiyeon then at Luda again. "So please tell me. Don't keep it from me. I don't want anything bad to happen to both of you. Understand?"

"I'm sorry…"

"It's fine." Hyunjung stood and let Luda buried her face in her stomach, engulfing her in her embrace. "I've got to go, I have a group discussion until six. I love you." Hyunjung placed a kiss on top of Luda's head, then let her go. 

Jiyeon sat beside Luda after Hyunjung left. She looked at her gloomy girlfriend. 

"Now tell me what Hyunjung unnie did to that guy? I know Hyunjung unnie must have done something to him." She tried to turn up the mood. 

Hyunjung unnie saw him push me and she smacked his head using her ridiculously thick book. I guarantee his head will lump because it was very hard and loud." 

Jiyeon laughed. "As expected, our unnie. Did you get hurt anywhere?"

Luda leaned on Jiyeon's shoulder, seeking comfort. The older repositioned herself to let the girl more comfortable and wrapped around her waist. 

"No, it was just a light push. I almost gave him my fist on his face for free if Hyunjung unnie doesn't come at that moment though." Annoyed Luda. 

"You should give him earlier, so that he knows who Lee Luda is. She's small but fiesty." She made a joke to cheer the mood.

"Unnie talked like Unnie is very much taller than me." Luda rolled her eyes. 

"Not very much, but I'm still taller than you." She continuously teased the younger girl. 

Luda ignored her. She could never win if she fights with Jiyeon. 

"Let's go home."