Found-fin

Lost and Found

 

 

"So just let me get this straight, you left your phone in McDo and the cashier gave it to the person on the lock screen who happened to be your crush, the great Jeong Jaehyun?" Taeyong crossed his arms in front of Doyoung who was sulking on Yuta's shoulder.

The whole squad was in their apartment a couple of minutes after they texted the matter in their squad group chat.


"Exactly, Yongie. I was so stupid. I was so dumb. Should I just accept the scholarship in France and start a new life?"


Doyoung found himself on the floor after Yuta pushed him. He felt several throw pillows hitting him from Ten and Taeyong.


"Don't you dare, Kim Doyoung? You hate that idea and we will never let you live a miserable life just because you cannot face your stupid crush!" Yuta said while trying to help Doyoung up and get back in their old position while Taeyong picked up the pillows and arranged them perfectly on the couch again.


Ten still pouting.


"Alright alright! I already told you I don't wanna leave. So just help me think of an idea how to get it back." Doyoung said, comfortable in Yuta's shoulders again.


"Since you don't want to face him. I will try to talk to him tomorrow since all captains will be having a meeting for the upcoming sports fest." Yuta assured Doyoung. And Doyoung sighed in relief.


"I know I can trust you, Yuta Hyung!" Doyoung smiled widely and snuggled closer to Yuta.


"Alright, it's late. Enough cuddling with my boyfriend now when you two just interrupted our cuddling session with that message you sent." Taeyong smugly said.


The three knew Taeyong too well to know that there was no bite in his words. They all have been together since forever. Taeyong may even run to Doyoung even if Yuta's inside him if something happens to the other.


They all slept well that night. And yes, surprisingly Doyoung, too. Doyoung couldn't wait to have his phone back.

 

 

Doyoung did not have any afternoon classes and he tried his best to avoid any athletes (basketball team or not) in his morning classes. Just to make sure he wouldn't cross paths with Jaehyun and he was successful.


He decided to just wait for his friends in their apartment for the whole afternoon while trying to finish some school and council work.


When he got everything done, including those which will be due in the next 2 weeks, he started to re-watch his favorite One Piece episodes.


It was 5 pm when he got bored eventually and decided to open his social media accounts on his MacBook, hoping for a message from his friends, especially Yuta.


And indeed there was a missed call from Yuta on his Instagram. He opened the conversation and hovered the cursor towards the video call button and tried to call the older back.


"Doieee I am glad you called back."
Doyoung can see Yuta wiping his face with a towel on the screen.


"I am sorry I was doing some work. Do you have my phone now, Hyung?"


"That's the thing. Before I went to my last practice for the day, I saw Jaeh in the meeting room and talked to him about it. I did not even mention your name but apparently, your IG username is on the lock screen display and he said and I quote 'If he wants his phone back, he should get it himself, he could at least do that.' So I called you earlier to tell you that so I won't have to go to your apartment."


Doyoung frowned. He did put his IG username on his lock screen so if ever he'll lost the phone, it will be easier to track the owner. It's just a small text and unnoticeable unless you'd read everything on the screen.


"I got it from here, Hyung. Thank you."


"I am quite close with Jaeh but if he will do you bad, I can kick him as hard as I kick soccer balls," Yuta assured him.


"I know Hyung, don't worry. Don't forget Taeyong hyung's take-out coffee on your way home."


"I got it, thank you Doie."

Doyoung hung up and minimized the app.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jaehyun was staring at his photo on a stranger's phone.

He was shocked when Mark handed him the phone "Hyung, this was left in here."

He did not recognize the phone so he was confused at first. But when the screen lit up, he could see his face on the lock screen.


Now, he's aware he had admirers and he's above average but the school was pretty much full of this kind of face. There's Cha Eunwoo in the Art Department that has a face of an angel. There's also Xu Minghao the Chinese exchange student. Even the whole Student Council officers led by Lee Taeyong are all stunning and especially the Vice President, Kim Doyoung, and their whole squad outside of the council are all head turners.


So yes he was confused about who would go as far as putting his face on their lock screen.
He had training that afternoon so he needed to turn off the phones.


He went home after training and remembered the phone again. He went to get it from his school bag and stared at the lock screen. That's when he realized there is a small text at the bottom right part.


[Owner's IG: do0_96]


He wasted no time and immediately checked the username. And boy did it make him smile so wide. "Got ya!"

 

And that led us to this moment, Jaehyun was once again staring at the screen.


"Bro, just DM him! Quit staring at your own face. You look like some narcissistic "


"I was not staring at my face, Johnny!" The younger countered.


"I know you are staring at his IG username as if whatever is in your mind right now will just magically be sent to it," Johnny responded while still eating his cereals... it's 6 pm.


"I should have just given this to Yuta earlier! I knew your idea is stupid. It's giving me headaches." Jaehyun whined.


"My idea is perfect. You just need to stop acting like a high school prude."


Jaehyun just scoffed and went to his room still undecided on what to do next. He has his crush's phone that has a lock screen of his face, big deal!

As if on cue, he received a message request.

 

 

Doyoung wanted to close the app after hanging up the call with Yuta but did not do it. Instead, he opened a music app and started to blast some music to calm his nerves. He decided to lock his room so he could just leave the bathroom door open to hear the music while he'll take a shower. A hot shower always makes him think clearly and the music will block all unwanted sound. He needed to think.

The water was running down his body. He enumerated his options: 'I can just go to the basketball court after practice and ask for it. Or I can ambush him when he is alone, drag him somewhere quiet and ask for the phone. I can also pay someone to steal it from him or kidnap him and force him to give it- okay that last one is absurd' Doyoung was talking to himself. He had a lot of options available but all of them could either lead him to humiliation... or jail.

He turned off the water and took his sweet time to change and do his nighttime routine. He eventually went back to the bed beside his laptop and close the music app. The Instagram app is still on minimized.


He opened the app and was thinking extra hard if what he was about to do was right, but well.. it was the only option that would not instantly humiliate him or send him to prison.


He typed the familiar username, he had not followed him of course but his lock screen came from the other man's IG Feed. It was the one photo with Jaehyun wearing a plain black shirt and jeans and was taken at night time with far away tall buildings in the background. Doyoung has a photo on this same place just from a different angle but also was taken at night time. The spot was famous since it's just near the university.

[from do0_96:
Good evening. This is Kim Doyoung. I was informed that you got my phone. Please tell me how to get it back. I am willing to adjust to whenever is your free time.]

"I did it!", Doyoung said out loud. Ten has a date so he was alone in their two bedrooms apartment.


[from jeong_jaeh: hi. can't believe someone would send me an Instagram dm in email format. and yes got ur phone.]


[ doO_96: Okay first, it's not an email format. Second, could you please read everything and give me your response.]


[jeong_jaeh: eager to meet me? yknow i wonder why. with all these beautiful photos in ur IG feed yet you chose mine to be ur lock screen.]


Doyoung was annoyed at this point he knew Jaehyun already knows why he did it, and why else? Yet, Jaehyun chose to act dumb.


[do0_96: Whatever, Jeong. I have a little crush, so what? We'll get over it.]


Jaehyun did not expect the response. He did not know Doyoung would be so blunt about it.

" 'We'll get over it', that doesn't sound right." Jaehyun thought. He's alone in their shared apartment cause Johnny had a date so he's occupying the living room.


[jeong_jaeh followed you]


Doyoung was staring at the notification. "Ah it."


[jeong_jaeh: thanks for following back :) ]


[do0_96: Aren't you going to give me an answer? ]


[jeong_jaeh: well, you aren't really courting so-]


[do0_96: You know what I mean, Jeong. I don't stereotype athletes as being a jackass but you are about to prove me wrong. So just tell me where and when can I have my phone. PLEASE!"]


[jeong_jaeh: well.. since you ask nicely. meet me at 5:30 pm tomorrow same mcdo.]


[do0_96: Great. Thank you. Good night, Jeong.]


[jeong_jaeh: night doyoung. see you! :> ]

 

Doyoung was proud of himself. "I raised you right!" Ten's voice in his head "No, I raised Doie right!"Taeyong responded.

He chose to stop thinking about his friends. He would always miss their company every time he is alone. Doyoung sighed. Everyone seemed to be happy having a love life except him. And suddenly a certain man with soft brown hair and a beautiful dimpled smile invaded his brain. "Okay, that's enough let's go to sleep."

 

 

Doyoung arrived first. He's 10 minutes early.


He did not order anything, as much as he'd love some iced coffee but he could not risk taking anything that may cause more hyperventilation. Meeting with Jaehyun was enough.

He was trying to recall their conversation the night before because he needed to channel that same confidence again.


A minute past 5:30, the door opened and there he was, Jeong Jaehyun, fresh from a shower and Doyoung could literally smell him from where he was sitting. Jaehyun noticed him and did a small wave while smiling, walking towards him.


"Vanilla"
Doyoung tried to suppress his shock when he realized he said the word out loud.


"Come again?", Jaehyun asked nonchalantly while inviting himself to one of the chairs across from Doyoung.


"Ah- I said I am craving some Vanilla so I will order Iced Coffee with Vanilla. How about you?" Doyoung reasoned ignoring his first resolve of not taking any caffeine during the meeting.


"Oh- just regular Iced Coffee regular size.", Jaehyun said while smiling at Doyoung who was already getting ready to order, eager to get away from the situation even for just a little while.

The older was about to go to the counter when he noticed Jaehyun was about to say something so he chose to wait thinking the other may want to add another order.


"And also you are right. I was using Vanilla body wash." Jaehyun cheekily said that made Doyoung regret his decision to wait.


"Oh, God!" Doyoung groaned and walked extra fast toward the counter to prevent Jaehyun from seeing the growing red on his face. He could still hear Jaehyun laughing.


He placed his order and chose to wait at the counter just to avoid being near Jaehyun yet.

He glanced over him and the other was shamelessly staring at him, even waved and smiled when Doyoung caught his eyes.
"This son of a female dog!", Doyoung screamed internally.

 

 

"Thanks", Jaehyun said while still smiling at Doyoung when he gave him his order.


'God, when will he stop smiling, aren't his jaws getting tired?', Doyoung thought while trying to be comfortable in his seat.


"Okay, Jeong, can I have my phone now?" Doyoung reached his hand towards the younger to ask for his phone but instead got flustered when Jaehyun held his hand into a handshake position, he immediately withdrew his hand but the other only held it tighter.


"We haven't formally introduced ourselves first. Hi, Mr. Vice President, my name is Jeong Jaehyun."


"We both know each other already, this is completely unnecessary." Doyoung countered.


Jaehyun only raised his eyebrow and looked down at their hands, "Unless you want us to be in this position while we're here, why won't you just cooperate? As much as I want to hold your hand, I want to do it more comfortably but if this is your style-"


"Fine fine! You talk too much jeez. I am Kim Doyoung, not-so pleasure to meet you." Doyoung shook their hands and withdrew, this time, successfully.


Jaehyun went back to his default smiling face while sipping his drink.


"So," Doyoung broke the silence, "I believe this is the time to hand my phone over."


Jaehyun took a couple of seconds before responding.


'What is there to think?!', Doyoung tried to not say it out loud.


"Okay, I will give it to you now on one condition.." Jaehyun finally answered.


Doyoung raised an eyebrow and stared at Jaehyun trying to read the man, "And why would I make a deal with you just to get MY phone back? It's mine and there is really no reason for you to keep it."


Jaehyun had the audacity to fake a sigh.
"Okay then maybe we can talk about it another day. You know, I kind of want to go back to the court and continue my practice right now-"


Doyoung raised his hands to stop Jaehyun "Okay okay fine! What's the condition?" He's genuinely curious, too.


The moment Doyoung saw him smirking, he once again regretted his decisions in life.


"Great! Okay, so, you need to keep your lock screen and never change it unless it's for another photo of me." Jaehyun smugly said making the older's jaw drop.


"W-why would I do that?" Doyoung managed to probe.


"Well, you've already put it out so it will be nice to just go with it plus this time, you have my full consent." Jaehyun wriggled his eyebrows. "So what do you say?"


"You cannot possibly monitor my phone 24/7, I can change it without you knowing even if I'll agree with that condition right now," Doyoung responded, finally regaining his composure.


"Well, that would not be fair. First, you'll be breaking a promise, which I know is against your principle. And 2nd, it will only be fair for you to keep my photo as your lock screen as I am keeping yours on mine." Jaehyun innocently explained.

If Doyoung didn't know any better, he would actually believe the innocence was genuine.


"What exactly do you mean by that?" Doyoung asked and Jaehyun only shrugged in response.


"No... you did not, right?" Doyoung asked again trying to get a response.


"In fact, I did," Jaehyun said and casually showed his lock screen to Doyoung. It was indeed a photo of him. The one photo in his IG that was taken in the same place as Jaehyun's in his lock screen.
Doyoung could not compose any words to say.


"So, deal?" Jaehyun asked while dimples were on full display that made Doyoung weaker.


'I raised no wimp!' Ten said in his head.
And yes, he's no weakling.


"Can I at least ask why are you doing this? Is this to mess up with me? What are you, a kid?" Doyoung finally formed a decent response.


"Well, let's just say that you aren't the only one who got a little crush. And unlike you, I don't wanna get over it."


If Doyoung's jaw could reach the floor, it would have been on his feet already.
'When will this man stop being so irresistible?!' Doyoung screamed in his head.


"So-?" Jaehyun said, face looking so hopeful, and 'Sorry, Ten. I am a weak- after all' Doyoung could only think.


"Argh, you are so annoying. Fine. I promise to not change my lock screen unless it's a photo of you." Doyoung said while raising his right hand as if saying a pledge.


Jaehyun laughed at him and Doyoung's knees weakened again.
"And I promise the same.", Jaehyun responded though not raising his hand but his eyes were full of sincerity and determination and he smiled genuinely.


Doyoung melt.


"I gotta go, Doyoung. I actually asked for 15 minutes break only from our coach, our practice is extended until 7 pm due to the upcoming sports fest."


"What the , Jaehyun! It's been almost 30 minutes. You said you'll be free? I told you I will adjust for you since I know practices are getting tighter."
Doyoung was half guilty and half disappointed.

Jaehyun will probably be punished for his action but also he wanted to talk more with him, now that he's starting to get comfortable. But they had all the time in the world to get to know each other so he just settled for being guilty.


"It's okay. I know you have a lot of stuff to do so I wanted to meet you halfway. It's been more than 30 minutes actually since I wanted to take a shower before meeting you." Jaehyun said while reaching for something in his bag. When Doyoung saw what he got, he could only facepalm when he realized it was his phone. He, in fact, hasn't gotten his phone back yet.


Jaehyun gave him the phone and was getting ready to go. He frowned when he saw Doyoung pouting so he went to his side.

Doyoung was expecting him to go his way out and he totally did not expect the arms that were suddenly wrapped around him.


'Jaehyun is back hugging me!' 'JAEHYUN IS BACK HUGGING ME!' Doyoung wanted to scream.


"Thank you for the coffee, I am paying next time." Jaehyun cooed and his lips were dangerously near to Doyoung's ear.


'I am paying next time' The words echoed in Doyoung's head "There's next time?"  and before he could ask anything, Jaehyun released him. He instantly missed the warmth.


"Bye, Doyoung, I'll message you later to schedule our second date! And don't forget your promise!" Jaehyun said while ruffling Doyoung's hair before finally walking away.


Doyoung was still frozen in his seat but immediately panicked when Jaehyun was about to go out of the door.


"What do you mean second date, Jeong Jaehyun?! Do you call this a date? You better start planning our First date, you idiot!", He managed to shout, not minding the weird stares from the other customers.


Jaehyun was shocked at his words but a grin immediately grew on his face (his ears must've been scarlet red, too, but Doyoung didn't need to know that).

'Agh not those ing dimples again' A weak-Doyoung thought.


"A First date it is! Bye, bunny!"

And Doyoung only blushed at the nickname but this time, he wasn't trying to hide it including the smile on his face. He waved goodbye at Jaehyun which the other reciprocated and Jaehyun finally was out of sight.


"Dang! That went well huh? You're welcome, I guess?"  Doyoung can hear someone say who very much sounded like Mark.

 

The End; or is it?