Lost

Lost and Found

 

 

"Oh my God, Ten!", Doyoung hysterically called Ten's attention.


They are now preparing their take-out foods from Mcdonald's.


"What now, Doie! I swear to God if this is about your crush again! I told you I don't wanna hear Jaehyun-related things inside this house."


"No! No, Ten. My phone! My phone isn't in my pocket, nor my bag!"


"I haven't seen you with it for a while now. Maybe it's just misplaced somewhere." Ten trying to calm Doyoung down, still busy at the table.


"No, I remember paying Mcdonald's with my online banking. I've been using it since I lost my card so I am pretty sure I remember it right."


Ten finally halted. "Okay, Doie, breathe. We will find it. It must still be in Mcdonald's. I will call it now."


Ten reached his phone from his pocket and dialed Doyoung's number.


"So?"
"It's turned off." Ten softly said, trying to act as calm as possible. 


"Oh my God! I am so done. Ten, what should I do?" Doyoung was thinking about the things he saved on his phone that he was not able to transfer to his laptop, some were notes from his class and other council-related notes in his note app. His to-do lists were also on his note app since it is more accessible than writing them down.


"Okay, let's just calm down and go back to Mcdonald's, okay? We are only 5 minutes walk away. It must still be in there. We can just reheat our food later." Ten said while closing the food packaging again to set them aside for later.


"Okay." Doyoung sighed, distress showing all over his face.

 

 

They went out again and walked to McDonald's. The store's atmosphere was still the same when they left it. Only a few customers. They felt relieved a little.


"Okay, I must have left it on the counter when I was taking our orders," Doyoung said and they both went to the counter. Good thing the cashier was still the same.

 

"Excuse me, I left my phone here 15 minutes ago, iPhone 13 Pro Max, it has a clear case with One Piece design. Have you probably seen it?", Doyoung breathlessly said, eyes full of hope.


"Oh, so it was yours! Yes, I've seen it but-" The cashier cut his own words and was scratching his head.


"But what?! Where is it?" Ten went in front of Doyoung to take over the situation. No one would mess with his friends! Or- he was just really hungry and the smell of food inside the fast food store wasn't helping. Either way, he's starting to get really annoyed.


"Ahh- I may have given it to the wrong person." The cashier, Mark (name tag), continued while looking intimidated by Ten's sudden interruption.


"What?! And why would you even give a phone to someone when you were not sure if they were the owner?!" Ten was half shouting but the other customers couldn't even care, just minding their businesses, to Doyoung's delight. 


"Hey- to be fair, I thought he was the owner or related to the owner cause it was his face on the lock screen. Are you saying he's neither? Then why..." Mark trailed while staring at the two people in front of him totally puzzled.


Exactly 5 seconds before Doyoung realized what was going on. And that's it. That was Doyoung's 13th reason. He's thinking of burying himself 13 ft under the sea right at that exact moment.


Ten must have sensed that Doyoung stopped breathing in his place. He turned to face Doyoung and saw the other with a horrified expression. And it sinks into Ten, too. Aside from their groufies and One Piece, there's only one other thing that could be on Doyoung's Lock screen.


"Doie, pretty Doie, please tell me you did not!" Ten said while reaching the taller's shoulder trying to pull him together.


"Ten, what should I do?!" Doyoung looked at Ten already teary and panicking and it was enough confirmation for Ten. And call him a bad friend but he just started laughing right there, in front of the panicking Doyoung. He could not help it. Finally, his perfectionist best friend did something so so stupid. He eventually stopped and started comforting Doyoung since he started hearing a nagging Taeyong in his head.


They went home right after Ten gave Mark one last scowl to which Mark only responded with a hesitant wave and forced smile.