002

bad habit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

each time after the night minjeong’s stupidity lets herself mess with karina again, minjeong falls into the pit of guilt because of her own actions. she knows she would be damned if this ever gets out to the public. she couldn’t imagine how those people, who are waiting for her family's downfalls, would be eating this up if she was caught fooling around with karina. and she knows better than to continue doing it, yet she can’t stop herself. , not when right now, when she’s drowning in the silence while watching the back of karina moving around in her kitchen and in the clothes karina has left in her house after their one yet too many nights she stayed at minjeong’s place.

it should be odd to have the person, whom minjeong claims so much that she hates the other to the core, now treating minjeong’s kitchen like her own property, and somewhat, minjeong doesn’t have a little will of kicking the other out too.

“what are you doing?” minjeong asks, once again, after watching karina from behind.

karina throws her a look from her shoulder with an eyebrow raises in confusion. “i told you already that i’m making breakfast, no? oh, it’s spam and egg rice bowls since you don’t have anything edible in the fridge.” she answers, but it isn’t the answer minjeong wanted.

minjeong can see with her pair of eyes clearly that karina is cooking! and she doesn’t want to know if the other girl is making minjeong’s favorite simple rice bowl. she wants to know something else. “it’s not what i meant. i’m asking you: what are you doing in here?” she emphasizes the word ‘here’ in case karina’s stupid brain can’t comprehend what the question is about again.

“i’m here since last night, what do you mean what am i doing here?” it’s karina’s turn to scrunch up her eyebrows, confused with what minjeong is saying.

“exactly. you were here last night, but aren’t you supposed to leave when the morning comes?” isn’t it what their arrangement is about? they had then in the morning, they would go back to the nemesis they have always been and go back to hating each other agenda.

karina turns around, her back facing minjeong once again. “i don’t know.” she continues preparing the food.

minjeong doesn’t say anything further either, she hops back on watching karina preparing the food and eventually eating the food when she is being served by the other girl. unlike when karina was cooking, they aren’t eating in that comfortable yet awkward silence at all. in fact, their conversation keeps growing, and the topic is always changing. surprisingly, they aren’t bickering. all they do is exchange mundane things with each other as if they are friends. they would talk about their classmates, catch the latest gossip going around the campus then laugh at everyone’s stupidity.

for some reason, minjeong feels domestic about this. and it shouldn’t be like this at all. minjeong shouldn’t get comfortable in this little thing. it’s not like they are friends. minjeong should have kicked karina out of her place since last night. hell, last night shouldn’t have happened either if she thinks of it better. it’s weird. very, very, very weird.

“you’re going to work for the company in this break?” karina asks, she’s already finished her portion but she’s still going to hang around waiting for minjeong to finish hers.

“yeah,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter