Learning to be without you

My Rosie

Chaeyoung POV

"You're back" Hyeri shouts running up to me excitedly. I grunt as she nearly knocks me over. 

"Unnie, you're hurting me" I say still in her tight embrace. 

"Oh shut up I missed you" 

"I missed you too" I say sincerely. 

"you must be hungry" she ask, I nod my head just now realising how much I need to eat. 

"Come I ordered us delivery" she pulls me along with her to the food. We sit down and start eating, I can tell she keeps looking at me expectingly probably wanting to know what happened. I'm not sure if I want to tell her everything, I don't even know if she's homophobic. Now thinking about that I start to freak out a little, what if she doesn't accept me or worse leaves me. 

"Chae, hey what's going on you look so nervous" 

"Um I-i need to go" I say quickly grabbing my things ready to leave. 

'Hey, hey Chae stop calm down and sit." she says authoritatively. I listen but have my head down. 

"You can tell me anything  Chae, whatevers on your mind is obviously upsetting you. Don't keep it all to yourself you'll go crazy if you do" she says in a softer tone. 

I finally look up and she's looking at me affectionally, I calm down knowing that Hyeri would never judge me ever. I take a deep breath. 

"I'm not 100% sure about my feelings but theirs someone I think I may like or have liked for a while" I say quickly, I look to see her reaction and its still the same. 

"Okay, is that what's got you so freaked out" she says amused. I rub my thighs nervously. 

"N-not just that, this person is someone in my group" I say quietly, I don't know why I feel so much shame saying it out loud. 

"Oh Chae come here" She pulls me into a hug, I finally break and start crying in her embrace. 

"Unnie, I don't know what to do" I say in between my sobs, she keeps me in her arms rubbing my back to calm me down. 

"You'll be okay, I'm here alright." I start to slowly calm down. 

"You feeling better yet" 

"hmm" I say pulling away a little, she wipes my tears away. 

"You don't hate me" I ask insecurely. 

"Don't be stupid, you can't help who you fall in love with" I smile by her words, I shouldn't have doubted her she's always had my back. 

"Is this why you we're upset today" she ask softly. 

"Partly, but when we were leaving for the airport I over heard a conversation about me" 

"What happened" 

"Jisoo was talking to jennie and telling her to stop messing around with me. They know Hyeri, they know I like jennie and apparently jennies just been messing with me for fun" 

"Wait till I deal with jisoo that little ." 

"Yah, no I don't want them to know I know" She starts to calm down, her acting so protective of me is a little funny considering i'm taller than her. 

"you don't seem surprised" I ask. 

"I did think that you maybe had a small crush on her" 

"Why does everyone seem to know before I do" I say pouting. 

" don't be like that you might not actually like her you could just be infatuated with her" maybe at the start I was infatuated with her but looking back its quite obvious I did like her as more than just my unnie. 

"No I have feelings for her" I say with a sigh. 

"Thats okay too, but what she's been doing to you isn't right. I know she cares about you of course but playing with your emotions just for fun is a move to do" 

"I know, that's why i'm going to distance myself from her. I'll still be her friend and member of course but I think I thought to highly of her if that makes sense, I still think she's amazing but I put her on a pedestal and dismissed all of the red flags." I say sadly. 

"next time I see her I'm gonna trip her up or something, no one plays with my chaes emotions" she says well showing her muscles. I role my eyes and laugh at her stupid antics. 

"stop being annoying, she's still my unnie" 

"But really, I'm proud of you for telling me this" I smile back at her. 

"Thank you for always being there for me unnie" 

"Always" 

"Now it's time for me to see who I am without her" 

............................

It's been a couple of weeks since the incident with Jennie, I don't stay at the dorm as much as I use to, the girls would ask me where I was going all the time but over time stopped now getting use to my behaviours. I'm not ignoring them but I've started to build my own circle outside of my members and well Jennie. 

When I am home it seems she's never here so I assume she hasn't noticed my absence, I try not to let myself dwell on the fact that me being gone hasn't affected her. The short holiday we had is coming to an end because of the beginning preparations of our new album, which means more time with Jennie the person I have been trying to get over. 

Pinks Groupchat

Jisoturtlerabbitt: Everyone is to be home tonight, we're having drinks and food just the four of us before we have to go back to work. And no this is not an option. 

Lisapoo: YEAH HURRY UP I WANT TO DRINK AND JISOO WONT LET ME UNTILL YOU'RE ALL HERE :( 

yjennie: on my way home now, see you hoes later xoxoxo 

I look at the the messages in the chat with nervousness but at the same time I miss them a lot, I haven't hung out with them in a while. I hover over my key board wondering what to type and if I should go. 

Jisoturtlerabbitt: PASTA U BETTER BE COMING HOME!!!!

yjennie: are you not home Chaeyoung?

Lisapoo: She hasn't been home all week :( Rosie are you cheating on me??????

Ugh , im currently at hyeri's house with a couple friends. I don't know if I should ditch them and go home or just stay. 

Rosieposie: I'm just at a friends house, i'll get dropped off later tonight. 

I reply to the messages, If I stay here for a couple hours I can still hangout with the members later tonight so at least I don't fully ditch either of them. 

yjennie: Where are you I can pick you up now since I'm leaving soon to 

Oh for sakes. I'm starting to get more and more anxious. 

Rosieposie: Its okay unnie I can get dropped off later, I want to stay here for a bit longer since I promised to hangout with them. 

Lisapoo: Hey! how come my names still Lisapoo, jisoo change it back to Lisa!!!

I feel a tap on my shoulder and look to see that its hyeri on the phone with someone, she looks a little panicked. I look at her a little confused but she mouths its jennie while pointing at her phone. 

"Hey, yeah sure come over" hyeri says in the phone. 

"hmm, yeah yeah." 

"Okay, I'll let her know. See you soon bye" 

"What the hell was that" I say. 

"She asked to come over and I couldn't say no because you told me I shouldn't act different around her. And now she's on her way, she also said she's taking you home later?" 

"Why would you tell her i'm here!" I say annoyed. 

"I PANICKED, god she can be scary sometimes" she says pouting. 

"What happened to you wanting to trip her up huh" 

"Oh shut up, but she said that you and the members were meant to hangout tonight you should have told me" 

"Well they just made the plans last minute" 

"You shouldn't avoid them all just because of jennie." She says softly. 

"I'm not ignoring them I just need some space" I say sighing. 

"I know, but don't forget about your other members arrasso?" 

"Also Irenes coming over soon with joy, have you met them before?" 

"From red velvet" I ask excitedly. 

"HAAHAHAH yes from red velvet, maybe one of them could help you move on if you know what I mean" She says wiggling her eyebrows. I lightly slap her, blushing a little by the thought. 

"Yah, they're probably straight" 

"Hmmm that's what you think" she said singing the words. 

"Shut up you don't know" 

"I actually do, Irene's known to like the ladies,  joy I'm not to sure about but hey no ones 100% straight" she says casually .

"Well even if thats true we don't even know if im irenes type" I look at her and she has one eyebrow raised. 

"What" I ask. 

"So Irene" she says teasingly. 

" she's beautiful" 

"Rosie this is so cute, we never use to talk about stuff like this. I'm so happy you can finally tell me about crushes" she gushes excitedly. 

"I had crushes on boys too!." 

"I know but that was hardly ever, and don't worry about Irene your anyones type honey" 

"Talking about Irene, she's here let me introduce you two" Without my answer she grabs my arm and pulls me to the two red velvet members that just entered the small hangout. As we get closer to the two girls I start to finally realise that I'm going to meet one of the prettiest women in the world and holy I am not prepared to be face to face with the real thing. 

"HELLOOOOOOOO LADIES!" Hyeri says loudly, joy excitedly runs up to my best friend playfully slapping her . 

"Still so loud I see" Irene says now walking up to the both of us with a blank face and a small playful smile. She makes eye contact with me, I squirm a little at her intense eye contact. It's not scary or a glare but non the less makes me just as nervous. 

"Hey chaeyoung" she says to me with a small smirk. 

"H-hey Unnie" I bow a little flustered by her directly talking to me. She doesn't laugh at my obvious nervousness but just smiles making my heart beat like crazy. 

"Hey Chaeyoung" Joy says politely. 

"Hi joy" I say just as politely. 

"Okay now thats over come on in , do you two want a drink." They both nod, Hyeri takes joys hand leaving me and Irene. 

"Come" she says then intwines our hands taking me by surprise.  I know she sees my blush because she smirks and drags me to the kitchen where the others are. 

We're now in the kitchen a drink in my hand with Irene standing right next to me, I look at her and she's so calm and collected. She just seems so confident in herself without being cocky its admirable. Watching her banter with joy too is so cute, the way joy makes fun of Irene but you can see its all loving and joy just wants Irene's attention like how a kid wants their mums attention. Hyeri is the same as always, she makes the environment comfortable and makes sure I don't feel awkward. This is nice I think to myself. 

"Me and my members watched your videos at Coachella, you're really talented" Irene says quietly, its a bit uncomfortable having her full attention on me. But not the bad type of uncomfortable. 

"Thank you, it was insane performing there everything was just incredible" I say in a daze remembering the feeling of the performance. 

"I can imagine there's nothing like performing live" she says smiling at me so brightly it made me freeze for a second. 

"I'm actually a fan of your group" I say shyly. 

"Hmm, really" she says taking a sip of her drink still keeping her eyes on me. 

"Yeah a big fan, I've followed red velvet since your debut" I say laughing a little. 

"Cuteeeeeee" she says then pinches my cheek catching me off guard. 

"Do you have a bias" 

"Ughhhh no I am not going to say that" I say whining. She giggles by my actions. 

"Aw come on I won't be mad if its not me" but for some reason I don't believe that, I've seen on videos how competitive she is. But I'm more embarrassed at the fact that she's my bias. 

"Fine, you" She jumps in excitement and manages to pull joy over to us. 

"Im Chaeyoungs bias" Irene says childishly to joy, this side of Irene is something I didn't think id ever see in person. 

Joy dramatically holds her heart and gasp. 

"How could you" she says whining to me, I laugh honestly finding this so entertaining. 

"irene unnie" I look and am not surprised to see jennie, I was wondering when she'd be here she always manages to have perfect timing to. 

"Jennieeee" irene says cutely and pulls jennie into a hug. 

"What are you doing here" 

"I'm here to pick up chaeyoung" jennie says now looking at me for the first time in a couple of weeks. 

"Oh what no, I was just getting to know her" she says then winks at me. if I had water in my mouth I know it would be spat out because of that wink. 

"Sorry girls but she's mine for the night" jennie smiles cheekily. She walks over to me now and wraps her hand around my waist. 

"Sorry but we've really got to go" 

"Byeeeeeee" They all say in unison. 

"Bye girls" I send a glare towards Hyeri because this is her fault really. 

We get into the car silently, jennies driving today which is surprising. she starts the car and than hands me her phone so I can choose the music. 

"What'd you get upto today jennie" I say trying to make this not awkward. 

"Nothing much was just out with some friends, what about you Rosie I feel like I haven't seen you in weeks. Actually I know I haven't." I don't miss edge in her voice as she says the last part. 

"same as you I guess, just been trying to make the most of our holiday" I reply not wanting to start an argument. She just sighs and stays quiet. 

"Jen I dont think this is the way back to the dorm" 

"I feel like ice cream" is all she replies. 

Not long after we pull up to an ice cream cart in a park, it's a park I know to well. It's me and jennies spot when we were trainees. The car stops and she gets out, she waits for me to follow.

 I look around and its still the same, it looks especially beautiful tonight. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom and the sun is setting making the sky have an orange glow. This place brings back so many memories of our youth and the beginning of my feelings for the girl next to me. A heavy feeling overwhelms me being here in this place. 

"Two choco mint ice creams please" 

"Back again jennie" the old lady says sweetly while scooping up the ice cream. 

"You know I love your ice cream" Jennie says sweetly to the lady, smiling genuinely. 

"I'm happy you brought your friend, I haven't seen you in a while" I bow slightly in a small apology. 

"I will come more often, I missed this place" I say truthfully. 

"I hope you do" The lady replies handing me my ice cream. 

"Thank you" we both say. 

Jennie intwines our hands and we walk along the path near the river its peaceful and for a moment I forget about my worries. 

I keep taking glances at her, she looks tired. 

we manage to find a bench that faces the water, tonight there aren't many people so we don't have to worry about being spotted. We sit in silence its not awkward anymore, its just nice. 

"Sometimes I wish we could go back to when we we're trainees" She says quietly looking at the view. 

"Really" I ask. 

"Hmm, it was easy to understand the world back then. We were just girls hanging out and working together to reach our dream. Everything wasn't so complicated." She looks at me, I can see the sorrow in her eyes. 

"I know what you mean" I say taking a breath, remembering all the good and bad memories. Things were easier back then the nights were long but they were simple, we didn't think about so many things back than, and we didn't care how we were seen either now everything so complicated. 

"You helped me a lot back then, why" I let out, gazing at her curiously while trying not to seem insecure. 

"I needed you to stay" she says smiling weakly. 

"Jennie" my voice cracks as I say her name. The tears ready to spill. 

She brings me into her arms. 

"I missed you" I say into her embrace, I know I said I'd distance myself but I can't help my feelings. Everything in me wants to go back to the way we were I know they can't but for tonight I'll let it be. 

"I miss you more" she says kissing my neck lightly. 

 

...............

My chaennie heart uwuuuu