Coachella

My Rosie

Chaeyoungs pov 

"CHAEYOUNG, MAKEUP NOW!" Our manager frantically yells. I move quickly already nervous because today's the day. Where actually performing at Coachella, months and months of perpetration and where really here. I'm not as excited as the other girls, i'm extremely grateful to be here but I can't stop myself from thinking about the negative comments that could be made about us. When we announced we'd be here to perform plenty of people supported us but their were a few comments saying since where in America now we think we're better than other groups or that we're losing our Koreaness. What the does that even mean, but besides that just getting the chance to perform again is something I wouldn't change for anything. the thought makes my mood brighten, they're why I do what I do.

I leave my intrusive thoughts and sit in my seat and let the makeup artist do what she pleases. I close my eyes and try to relax but with everyone in the dressing room acting chaotic it's almost impossible. Almost. 

Than I see her. Her eyes are closed, the makeup artist accentuating her already sharp eyes, she's smiling because of something Jisoo's said, per usual with those two. But as always just the sight of her instantly calms me down especially when I get to see my favourite unnie's gummy smile. 

"Yah, look forward" my makeup artist says sternly. 

"Sorry" I quietly reply, I do as she says but my eyes linger on her through the shared mirror. 

She finally opens her eyes, and like she knows I'm staring she looks right at me through the mirror. I bite the inside of my cheek to try and calm my heart. She smirks like she knows exactly what she's doing to me, but that's just Jennie being Jennie. 

I try to hold her gaze but my nerves don't allow me. I quickly shift my eyes straight trying to talk to the makeup artist to not look like I was staring. 

But I can still feel her eyes on me, after our years together I've become accustomed to when she's looking. I might just be imaging things, but as I take a quick glance towards her, my suspicions are correct her eyes meet my own. 

"Don't move, I'm nearly finished" I do as told and am out of the chair 5minutes later. but. my mind replays the way Jennie looked at me, I always want her to look at me. She's my role model of course I want her attention. 

"You know the drill, no food and if u need water drink through a straw" the makeup artist say in a tired voice. 

"Yes, thank you" 

I sigh, finally. I hate sitting in a seat doing absolutely nothing especially if someone finishes earlier than me and can no longer stare at her face. By the time I've finished all the girls a sitting on the couch laughing, there's a different buzz in the air tonight. We can all feel it.

"Park chaeyoung" Lisa shouts in her annoying voice. I roll my eyes and make way to the girls. Lisa pats her lap for me to sit on and without hesitation I climb on giggling. 

"How are we feeling" jisoo says with a huge smile. 

"Excited" 

"Scared" 

"Im going to make everyone fall in love with me tonight" Jennie cheekily says. My eyes snap up, we all laugh but I don't disagree with her words. 

"What if no one comes" I say quietly, fidgeting with my hands. We go quiet for a little bit, I know we've all been thinking it. 

"Don't say things like that Rosie, if they come they come if they don't who cares we made it" Jennie says coldly. 

"What jennies trying to say is, no matter what let's go out there and have fun" jisoo encourages. 
I try to ignore jennies tone because that's just how she is, but I always hate when she gets angry at me or sounds cold. Lisa arms wrap around my waist protectively. 

"Rosie we'll be fine, we've done this most of our lives. As long as we have each other nothing matters" Jennie says looking at me warmly. I smile in return and relax, but a little annoyed by her mood swings. 

"Lisa come with me quickly, I wanna take pictures with you" Jennie announces, I ignore the pinching in my chest whenever things like this happen. I move myself off Lisa not looking at the now happy pair, not to add how beautiful they look especially together. 

"Stop looking like a sad puppy" Jisoo says with an amused tone, I poke my tongue out and roll my eyes making a stupid face causing jisoo's cackle to come out. 

Jisoo opens her arms and like the baby I am I wrap myself around her (without  ruining my makeup). My pouty face is now out seeing as I can see "Jenlisa" taking couple photos. 

"Why does she only ask lisa to take photos" I say like i'm a sassy teenager. 

"Stop being a baby, you know they do this for the fans" I know what she's saying is partly true, but even when we're at the dorm or just chilling out she always picks lisa or jisoo. 

"Whatever" I reply 

"Does pasta wanna take a photo with meeee" she says teasingly. I lightly smack her, but nod my head. 

"Oppa, can you take some photos of me and chae" 

We move and start posing for the camera, i'm smiling genuinely next to jisoo she always knows how to cheer me up. I pull Jisoo close back hugging her to take a couples photo, we're no jenlisa but chaesoo still has some fans. 

"Rosieeeeeee, take a photo with me next" jennie says pouting looking at me with her arms crossed, omo heart relax. 

"O-okay Unnie" omfg why did I stutter its just jennie. jisoo pinches my and laughs evilly. I reflexingly move forward stumbling a little. Jennie quickly grabs my waist stopping me from landing straight on my pretty face. I laugh awkwardly realising the position. 

"Thanks unnie" I say shyly but turn my head to give jisoo the evils. 

"Anytime Rosie" she returns than winks at me. I move my arms ready to leave because god this woman is making me insanely nervous. As I try to move she pulls me more into her. 

I look at her quizzingly raising my brow. 

"What unnie" I say smiling. she smiles back tilting her head up a little to meet my eyes.

"Nothing I just want to look at you up close"  

I-







 

.....................

Chaennie baby