Part 4

Strong Love

'Mr. Shim, are you awake? Mr. Shim.' Changmin slowly opens his eyes and blinks a few times against the light. He looks straight into the eyes of the doctor, who is standing beside his bed. Changmin tries to sit up and looks around the room, searching for Hiroko. 'Your friend isn't here now, she had to do some things. But I wanted to tell you that you are allowed to go home today.' The doctor smiles and leaves the room. Changmin stares at the door and he doesn't notice that Hiroko is back. 'You look like you've seen a ghost. Sorry that I left, but I had to pack some stuff. Your allowed to go home today, isn't that great.' Changmin nods and Hiroko sits down next to him. He pulls her into a hug and lets his head rest on her shoulder. 'As long as I'm with you, I'll be fine. But, how are we going home? As far as I can remember, Yunho has a schedule today.' Hiroko looks at her boyfriend. 'Don't worry sweetheart, I already took care of that. The taxi will come within an hour.' She brushes away the hair in front of his eyes, again, and lets her head rest on his.

'Excuse me, but your transport arrived.' Hiroko smiles at the doctor and he leaves the room again. Hiroko pokes Changmin's cheek and he opens his eyes. 'Come on sleepy head, the taxi is here. We don't want the driver to leave without us, do you?' Changmin shakes his head and they both stand up. They walk outside, holding each others hand, and greet the driver of their taxi. They sit down and the back and Changmin leans on Hiroko again. 'Tired?' He nods and closes his eyes. Hiroko smiles and gives the driver a sign that they can go. The driver starts the car and drives away. Because of the constant sound of the engine, it doesn't take Changmin a long time to fall asleep.

 

The driver stops in front of the door and Hiroko carries Changmin's stuff inside. She walks back to the car to help Changmin out of it and into the house. She lets him sit on the couch and pays the driver, before he drives away. Yunho comes home and together with Hiroko, he sorts out Changmin's clothes. 'How is he?' Hiroko looks to the couch and sees a sleeping figure on it. 'He's sleeping, he will get better.' Yunho nods: 'You can go to him, I'll clean this.' Hiroko hugs Yunho as thank for his help and she walks to the couch. 'You should really go to the hairdresser, your hair is growing too long.' Changmin opens his eyes and sits up straight. 'Did I wake you up? I'm sorry. Just lie down and try to sleep again.' Changmin lets himself fall back and closes his eyes again. He falls into a deep, dreamless sleep. Hiroko brushes away his hair for the last time, before she makes herself comfortable against the couch and also falls asleep.