Let’s get the Band (Quidditch Trio) back together!

We're Like Sculptures (there's rubies between the cracks)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m here!” 

 

Just a little speck on the ground, Yoona runs on the field of the stadium waving her arm to Yuri and Hyoyeon who are already up in the air. 

 

“Thought you weren’t going to show up,” says Yuri with a pleased grin. 

 

“Yuri was already thinking of ways to make sure you’d never live this down,” Hyoyeon adds as she flies over. 

 

“I’d never break a promise involving you two,” Yoona responds, voice wavering as the wind carries her words beyond the Hogwarts castle. 

 

“Yeah, yeah, less talk more flying! Yuri and I do fine most of the time since she’s a chaser and I’m a keeper, but it’s hard for her to practice any formation attacks and there’s no beater to throw us off our game,” Hyoyeon mentions. 

 

“Woah, give me some time to warm up at the very least!” 

 

Yoona doesn’t waste any time listening for their response as she starts her lap around the stadium, weaving between the hoops, practising a couple of turns that feel familiar after a few attempts. She wobbles slightly as she hops onto the broom to test if she could still surf, ultimately climbing down after a few seconds as she didn’t want an injury this early into her return to Quidditch. Yoona finishes her second lap smoothly, focussing on sharp and precise turns and she catches the two practising shooting and defence at one of the posts. She flies down to the field where the balls are kept, and unlocks the bludger, yelling shortly after, “Bludger’s up and going!” 

 

“Yah! Yoona! Could you have said that before you let it loose?” Yuri shouts back at her as the bludger narrowly misses her. 

 

Yoona only laughs in response and she flies back up to the two again, this time ready for action. 

 

“Yuri will keep shooting, and I’ll defend. Let’s see if Hufflepuff should’ve made you a Beater.” 

 

Yoona gives the OK sign after some trial swings with the bat, she chases after the bludger. Yuri and Hyoyeon dodged her first few hits with ease, as expected, but by the end of that drill, it was clear that their focus has to be equally split on watching where the bludger and the quaffle were. Yoona had even managed to hit the end of Hyoyeon’s broomstick once, causing enough distraction for Yuri to score past her. 

 

“Feeling a bit ganged up here,” Hyoyeon huffs. “Don’t be on Yuri’s side just because of history.” 

 

“I’m not! I’m an equal interference,” Yoona exclaims, hitting the bludger at Hyoyeon. “But yeah, that one was personal.” 

 

The bludger zips past Hyoyeon who moves out of the way just in time and lunges towards Yoona, who takes no time bolting away. Yuri watches as the two engage in their sudden chase, holding the quaffle still in her hands since there was no longer a keeper. There’s no doubt that it’s an intense game for them, but from the other side of the stadium, relative speed and distance or whatever, it sure looks pretty slow to Yuri. They’re like two little snails floating in the air, and Yuri finds herself laughing to herself. 

 

“WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, HUH?” 

 

“RUIN YOU!”

 

“I’M YOUR FAVOURITE YOU CAN’T DO THAT.”
 

“WHOEVER SAID YOU WERE MY FAVOURITE?” 

 

“AAAHHHHHHHH!” 

 

Yoona’s scream barely dies down as they make the curve back to where they started and Yoona hides behind Yuri’s back. 

 

“I’m surprised you didn’t fall at the rate you were going,” Hyoyeon says panting. 

 

“Yeah me too, if we’re being honest. I think it was the fear for my life that really sealed the deal.” 

 

“You’ve crazy agility for not playing in ages, Yoona,” Yuri adds. 

 

“Oh shucks,” she replies with a wave of her hand. 

 

“Yeah, I thought I would’ve caught up to you by halfway for sure.”

“Oh stop it,” Yoona continues with her faux embarrassment. 

 

“Let’s try something else,” Yuri says. “How about some passing drills.”

 

“Around the field?” 

 

“Yeah, we’ll go back and forth, gradually going further apart.” 

 

The three work out their formations, keeping Yuri as the center since it benefits her the most, and started their drill after putting away the bludger and the bat. Their distances widen steadily and they repeat this exercise until Hyoyeon declares she’s had enough. Yoona agrees, already imagining how her arm would feel like it was falling off by the time she woke up tomorrow. 

 

“Shall we call it a day?” Yuri asks. “The sun’s starting to set as well.” 

 

Yoona turns her head to see where Yuri was facing and true to her words, an orange hue appeared in the sky near the horizon as the sun descends. There’s a quiet moment between the three as the wind blows past them, hovering still in the air as they absorb nature’s artwork for the day. 

 

“Let’s pack up before it turns completely dark,” Hyoyeon says after some time, and the two give their silent agreements as they slowly fly down. 

 

Yoona hops off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter