Jessica is Back From the Dead ?????

We're Like Sculptures (there's rubies between the cracks)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany was at her wit's end by the time it was lunch, and it wasn’t because she was paying extra attention in Ancient Runes, or because she was working extra hard in charms. The pictures of blonde hair and brown eyes and green robes flashed in her mind when it should’ve been hieroglyphics or incantations but she made no effort to shake them off. 

 

Taeyeon had been right about that curiosity to her, and who was Tiffany to deny herself the wonder right before the discovery? Although she admits, she hadn’t imagined it would occupy all her thoughts for the day.

 

So it was much to her relief when the clock finally struck to signify their break, and Tiffany rushed out of the classroom, not forgetting to thank Professor Flitwick who, if he had noticed her missing attention that lesson, didn’t comment and smiled back to the girl. A couple of students wave to her, and she does her best to greet them as she runs walks briskly to the Great Hall in the hopes that she can catch Yuri before anyone else does. 

 

“You’re not that hungry are you?” 

 

The owner of the teasing voice threw an arm around Tiffany, causing the two of them to stumble before they regained their footing. Her laughter rings in Tiffany’s ears, and she wonders in a sudden bout of reflection if that was what her friends experience day to day. 

 

“As if you’re not always the first person there!” Tiffany retaliates after she gains her composure. 

 

“That’s because I have to get there before you eat everything, American pig,” Yoona grins. 

 

Tiffany gasps “You did NOT!” 

 

Yoona swiftly dodges her hits, about to comment on Tiffany’s slow attacks when she uncontrollably starts sneezing, much to her surprise. 

 

“Wha—*achoo* why am I *achoo* sneezing *achoo* is this you? *achoo*” 

 

Tiffany doesn’t say anything, only laughing in response as they start to garner some attention in the hallway. The students walking by cast perplexed glances at the two, though the Hufflepuff Prefect tended to garner a fair bit amount of attention wherever she went. 

 

“Is Yoona okay? Should we do anything?” 

 

“I don’t know, that’s Tiffany, right? Isn’t she the Slytherin who’s friends with Taeyeon?” 

 

“Yeah, but she’s pretty nice.” 

 

“I wouldn’t get on the bad side of anyone who can be friends with Taeyeon, that girl is intimidating.” 

 

"I hear even Yuri is afraid of Tiffany when she's mad, let's just keep walking." 

 

Despite the concerned looks, no one actually comes to help Yoona; it wasn’t really their business, and they didn’t want the jinx to be imposed on them next. No matter her bright appearance and bubbly personality, Tiffany wasn’t sorted into Slytherin for no reason, even if it had been the longest sorting for her year. 

 

“I’m *achoo* sorry, Ti— *achoo* fanny. I promise *achoo* I’ll never call *achoo* you that again *achoo*” 

 

After a few more pleas, Tiffany counters the charm, and she watches as Yoona scrunches her nose after that fit. 

 

“That was MEAN!” 

 

“I could’ve done worse.” 

 

“Could, but you wouldn’t” 

 

“You think so?” 

 

Tiffany shot her a glare and Yoona gulps at that, nervous laughter escaping from her. 

 

“Haha, anyway,” she starts again. “Why are you in such a rush?” 

 

“Me? I was hoping to catch Yuri, I wanted to ask her something.” 

 

Yoona was gazing at her with a peculiar glint in her eye and with the corner of her lip upturned as if she was picking up on something, but she wasn’t certain what it was. 

 

“Don’t tell me you’ve actually got the hots for my ex this time?” She goes, her lips transforming into a full teasing smile. 

 

Tiffany groans as they make their way into the Great Hall. “Is anyone going to let that go? I just thought she was cute for one second!” 

 

“Trust me,” Yoona laughs as they slide down at their frequented seats, first out of their friends. “They don’t ever let it go, I know.” 

 

Tiffany lets out a chuckle at that; Yoona definitely knew what that was like. Still, the popular Hufflepuff Prefect and the mysterious Slytherin star quidditch player did make quite the waves when they started going out. Though it had been over a year since the two split, deciding that their dynamic was better off as just close buddies, it seemed like not everyone had let it go yet. Tiffany recalls reading their split on the Hogwarts Bulletin as ‘The breakup of Hogwart’s Hottest It Couple’, and she bites her tongue in case she couldn’t help but let it slip to the poor girl in front of her. 

 

“So it’s not that?” Yoona asks instead, tilting her head ever so slightly. 

 

“No,” Tiffany responds, having been brought out of her trance. “You’re awfully curious today.” 

 

“Speak for yourself,” Yoona says, surprising Tiffany with her response. “You have quite the obvious tell.” 

 

“What?” Tiffany asks in shock, but before she can continue to interrogate Yoona, someone else sits down next to them. 

 

“Wow if it isn’t my two favourite people!” Sunny says, eyes gleaming despite the fatigue painted in her irises. 

 

“It isn’t,” Yoona scoffs back but the smile on her face lets it be known that it is all in good humour. 

 

“Yeah, you’re right,” Sunny says back, finding new interest in grabbing her meal. 

 

It doesn’t take long for others to show up. Sooyoung wasn’t far behind Sunny, slumping down in the seat next to her as she complains about Flying class while munching on a sandwich. Hyoyeon comes puffing, smacking Sooyoung in the arm after she caught her breath for leaving her behind after class. Yuri and Seohyun arrive the latest; Seohyun having gotten caught up in her Alchemy class discussion and Yuri who had caught sight of her in the classroom she had passed by and was the one who reminded Seohyun that it was lunch. 

 

As Yuri takes her seat opposite Tiffany, she casts her a tired grin. Tiffany was about to speak first when Yuri beats her to it. 

 

“Taeyeon’s busy?” 

 

It was a simple enough question, one that Tiffany realises she doesn’t know the answer to. It’s not unlike Taeyeon to be busy during her breaks, she often has Head Girl duties or meetings to attend, but Tiffany knows which days they happen on, and Taeyeon tends to tell her in passing, and she remembers them. 

 

This time, however, while all the girls were looking at her wondering the same thing, Tiffany had no clue. Frowning, she blinks back at the group as she purses her lips and shrugs her shoulders as if this is what it was always like, that Tiffany just doesn’t know what Taeyeon’s doing. 

 

Slowly the eyes fall off of her, and the group returns to their chatter. 

 

“Do Gryffindors have Quidditch training tomorrow?” 

 

“No, the Slytherins have it booked. You're on in the afternoon.” 

 

“Yes! I can’t stand the morning, it’s always so cold up in the air.” 

 

“When’s the next game?” 

 

“A week from now. I need to practise my commentating again.” 

 

“Are we up to Slytherin against Ravenclaw yet?” 

 

“It’s Slytherin against Hufflepuff, I think.” 

 

“Who are we rooting for?” 

 

“Taeyeon and Yuri, of course!” 

 

Tiffany notices that Yuri lifts her head upon hearing her name and gives the bunch a smile. 

 

“You’d better be in the Slytherin stands. Even you, Yoona.” 

 

Yoona looks aghast, placing a hand on her chest and leaning back in her chair. “Okay, just because I quit doesn’t mean I’ll be supporting the enemy.” 

 

“You’ve only been showing up to the matches that Taeyeon and I play in,” Yuri chimes in. “So it's either that you do indeed support the enemy, or you’re still not over me.” 

 

If Yoona’s mouth could get wider, she’d become an alligator. If she could lean further back, she’d probably fall backwards. 

 

“What if it’s Taeyeon I’m into?” She shoots back instead, a response shocking everyone. 

 

At that,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter