The Vision

Déjà Vu

« What can’t be happening, Minji? » Bora asked her. The princesses were almost the only people left in the room. Yubin, Siyeon, and Gahyeon were watching the three friends from afar, also wondering what Minji could know. 

« I need air » The blonde ran outside in panic. Bora and Handong look at one another in shock yet followed her immediately. 

« Come on! » Siyeon rushed after them, having Yubin and Gahyeon on her tail. 

By the time they arrived in the garden, Minji was hyperventilating and Bora and Handong were trying to help her breathe. Siyeon didn’t have that patience though. Yoohyeon was her friend and Minji had broken her heart so if there was something the blonde knew she was going to get it out of her. She grabbed her by the collar of her dress and slammed her against the stone wall. 

« What do you know about this? » She yelled at her, gaining an instant reaction from her. 

« DESTINY! » Minji shouted while tears fell down her face. 

Siyeon frowned in confusion and she felt small hands on her arms. She turned to see Bora. 

« Let her go, please » She asked softly.

Siyeon withdrew her hands from Minji who fell to her knees, sobbing. Bora and Handong immediately kneeled next to her and hugged her. Siyeon stood uncomfortably with her arms crossed over her chest, watching the blonde cry. Yubin and Gahyeon by her side didn’t know what to do either so they let the time pass. 

Minji slowly regained her composure. She wiped her tears away before she looked up at Siyeon « I’m supposed to kill Yoohyeon » She said, looking at her straight in the eyes. Everyone’s eyes widened in shock at her words. 

« Minji, what are you talking about? » Handong asked, patting her back with concern now. 

The blonde sighed and turned to Bora « We need to find a place where we can talk » 

Bora nodded in understanding « Follow me » She took her hand and they all walked after her. 

They were a lot of quiet places in the castle but the place where Bora knew no one would eavesdrop was her bedroom. She closed the door behind all of them and they all gathered around Minji who was nervously rubbing her forearm. It was the first time Bora saw her like this. She was usually composed and sweet but after Yoohyeon’s father’s appearance, she seemed like a different person. 

« None of you know the real reason why I broke up with Yoohyeon, not even her » Minji revealed, confusing them even more. 

Siyeon’s eyes narrowed. She learned all about it in a letter that her grey-haired friend had written years ago now. The content had broken her heart and any sympathy that she had toward the blonde had flown off the window afterward. Minji had broken up with her over a letter with a vague explanation about how distance wasn’t working and even if Yoohyeon tried to make compromises, Minji didn’t answer after that. So what could be the reason that Minji claimed now? 

« Explain » Siyeon grew impatient, wanting to punch her in the face already. 

Minji gulped, playing with her fingers to calm herself « Ri…right before I broke up with Yoohyeon, I went to visit her in her realm. It was the annual summer festivities there…. » 

-

Minji intertwined her fingers with Yoohyeon’s while looking around in amazement. The carnival was bigger and had more attractions than she had imagined. 

« You like? » Yoohyeon nuzzled against her neck shyly. 

« It’s…woah » Minji couldn’t even form words. 

« You understand now why I wanted you to come » Yoohyeon pecked her cheek « I always dreamt of coming here with someone I love and….here we are » She smiled shyly. Minji couldn’t help but stare at her with eyes full of love. She cupped her cheek and placed a kiss on the other. 

« I’m glad it’s with me, princess » She whispered, loving how the nickname made Yoohyeon blush. Everyone called her that and yet, that reaction was always reserved for Minji. 

« So… » Yoohyeon cleared , trying to regain some sense « What should we do first? Are you hungry? » She grabbed her arm and dragged her forward excitedly. Minji just happily followed her, as long as she was with her she didn’t care. 

They strolled around for a bit, Yoohyeon pointing out everything she wanted to do with Minji that day as they went to get some snacks before starting. 

« Princess Yoohyeon? » A royal guard stopped in front of them « Your parents are waiting for you to begin the opening speech » 

« Ah, yes » Yoohyeon’s excitement died down and she turned toward Minji « Do you want to come with me and wait, or do you want to explore a bit? It might be better than hearing a boring speech? Even better you can get us the snacks? » She suddenly lighten up, and Minji, as much as she wanted to stay by her side, couldn’t deny such a cute face. 

« Alright, I’ll get the snacks but don’t be too long or I’ll eat it all » She bopped her nose with her index finger playfully. 

Yoohyeon grinned « I’ll read the speech at double the speed if I have to » She kissed her before following the guard quickly.

Minji chuckled to herself at how adorable her girlfriend was. She let out a content sigh and walked in the direction of the food stand. She passed by many attractions on the way and before she could reach her destination, she got stopped by a skinny man. 

« Miss? Do you have a bit of time? For one gold coin, you can meet the best fortune teller in the world. She can answer all your questions and help you reach your deepest desires » He tried to give her his purest smile but it only made him look awkward.

Minji rose an eyebrow « Uhm…no, thanks. I’ll find out my future in due time » She told him. His eyes widened in surprise and the disappointment of his failure was readable on his face. 

« Are you sure, Princess? » 

Minji turned around at the feminine voice and met the strangest eyes she had ever seen in her life. The woman was older than her but not of much. She had very standard features if it was not her eyes. 

« You might want a heads up on your future I think » She told her mysteriously as she entered the tent. 

Minji was intrigued but after all, all the people that claimed to see the future were frauds. However, before she could walk back on her path the man pushed her inside. She was ready to draw her dagger when the woman spoke: 

« No weapons inside my tent, Princess Minji? » 

« You know me? » 

« Don’t most people? » The fortune-teller sat at the round table calmly. 

« You seem to know me better » Minji squinted her eyes at her. 

The woman smiled and gestured for her to take the seat in front of her « That’s because when my assistant talked to you, I read through you » 

« Are you a fortune teller or a witch? » Minji stood still, hand on her dagger. 

« Witches don’t exist, dear, but darkness does » The older woman’s gaze hardened, intriguing Minji once again « You’ll be confronting it soon »

« What do you mean? » Minji frowned, still on edge. 

The fortune-teller sighed « There’s no easy way to tell you » She looked back into her eyes « You’ll kill the love of your life because of it » 

Minji felt immediately dizzy. The love of her life. Yoohyeon. There was no way. This woman was crazy. She shook her head « I’m going » 

The woman got up and Minji thought it was because she wanted to get paid so she took a gold coin out of her pocket and tossed it on the table but the woman reached for her hand and grabbed her with force. 

Suddenly, Minji was out of the present. She saw herself standing in front of a kneeled Yoohyeon. Her heart was racing yet she was frozen. She was looking into Yoohyeon’s beautiful eyes as she raised the sword. She tried to stop herself but it wasn’t her. Not yet. She was about to kill Yoohyeon and she couldn’t do anything about it. She tried to shut her eyes but the vision was in her mind. She tried to scream but nothing happened either. Just before the blow, she was transported back to the present, in the tent. She snatched her hand away from the fortune teller. 

« See, that’s your destiny » She told her. 

Minji rushed outside in complete panic, bumping into the man on the way but she didn’t even notice it. She needed air. She needed to get it out of her mind. It wasn’t real. It was a trick. And yet, she knew deep down it wasn’t. 

« Did you get distracted on your way to getting food? » 

She turned around to see her girlfriend happily strolling toward her. She rushed into her arms, holding onto her for dear life. 

« Woah, I missed you too but it was only a couple minutes » Yoohyeon chuckled « Usually, I’m the clingy one » 

« I….I… » Minji pulled away to look at her but she couldn’t bring herself to say anything. The only thing on her mind was how could she kill this formidable woman that she loved with every fiber of her being? It didn’t make sense. 

« Come on! » Yoohyeon dragged her away « I’m starving » 

She calmed down as they walked but the vision was haunting her. Hours passed by and she tried her best to forget and have a good time with Yoohyeon until:

« Hey, do you want to go see the fortune teller? They say she’s the best in the world » Yoohyeon asked with a smile. 

Minji became pale. Was the woman really the best? Did that mean it was real real? 

« You know what? » Yoohyeon shook her head « Let’s not. I rather find out when you’ll propose to me when you’ll do » She joked and Minji awkwardly chuckled. How could she propose after what she saw? 

-

« I came back home and I…I couldn’t take the risk to kill her » Minji sniffled as she finished her tale « But now it seems like it was all for nothing. I thought I was the problem » She hide her face in her hands. 

The girls stayed in silence, processing what she had told them. 

« Can’t we save her? » Siyeon broke the silence. 

« Have you ever seen someone coming back from the darkness? » Handong questioned her. 

Siyeon didn’t have a satisfying answer to that but she wasn’t ready to lose her friend. She looked at Minji, feeling sympathy for the woman who always truly loved her friend. 

« Maybe there’s a way » Yubin suddenly said. 

 

__________________________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter?

See you in a week :)

-J