Part 3

The First Sire (under editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months later

Weeks after the Aquarius couple back to the gang, the youngsters, including the Eves and the Loyal Vessels, and Ms. Lim, wait…no, it is now Ms. Kang Seulgi, were back to the academy to continue and finish their academy activities. It was the final year for the older members of the gang plus Dahyunie, who was able to advance due to her stellar grades. They were expected to have their graduation this year, while the Aquarius twins would be done next year.

Since all the Zodiacs and Eves are legally mated, the squad was given their own mansion close to the academy to make it easier for them. The Royal Vessels, who are now getting stronger day by day, are placed on the first floor of the eastern wing of the mansion. While the five couples occupy the second floor with their own rooms that are spread from the western to the eastern wing, giving them enough privacy for each other.

Yeah…life is just so peaceful. Unless you are facing hellish weeks of exams. And the young Zodiacs' household was not an exception.

 

Dahyun’s POV

Ugh…it’s the fifth time I’m throwing up. Am I getting a stomach bug? Or is it food poisoning?... I don’t think I eat any weird stuff lately...Ugh…it’s so annoying. And now I’m craving some spicy tteok, but this whole bunch of reports I have to finish really won’t grant me any leisure for a mere bowl of my favorite tteok.

I move to the study room and can feel dizziness brewing in my head when I settled myself down. Lately, this body of mine simply doesn’t want to make it easy for me. I’ve been easily feeling lethargic and nauseous….Am I sick or it’s just me getting stressed over the exams? Ughh….anyway it can wait, gotta deal with these reports first.

The whole academy is so busy right now. I can’t be sick. It’s my final year and the last week of the exams. I’m not going to let a food poisoning or whatever it is, affecting my grades. Being sick also only means making others worry, especially Chaeyoung, she would be freaking out and won’t be able to concentrate on the rest of her exams. Good thing, our exams will end in three days. I guess I’ll just sleep it off after finishing these reports.

POV End

 

Although Dahyun was born as a lower-ranked member, she got a brain for herself. Her name always stays at the top of the list of students. She was even able to top Mina, who’s being called the top scorer, at the academy. However, her grades weren’t really able to save her from her suffering as a Theta. Years of the period when Zodiacs’ existence was undetected, the balance between ranks simply was getting worse because of the harsh supremacy initiated by the Night Deities.

The upper-rank members see the lower ranks as inferior subjects for them to use. Those who were lower but got some rich parents would not get the worst side of their rank. But when you are a lower rank and have no rich parents to flex, then that’s what Dahyun had to face. No matter how saint she is, Dahyun is a human too. In the past, she would frequently wonder what sins she had committed in her previous life, that whoever Gods up there, made her as a theta, the lowest level out of any omega.

Contrary to the popular belief, even though theta is categorized as a lower-ranked class, it is also considered a rare rank. Their existence is almost as rare as the night deities. For some unknown reasons, not many Thetas can reach adulthood. As for the little amount that are able to do so, they simply never really had the perks in life. Their nature of having an alluring scent that even some deltas can’t resist really put them on the verge of a hellish life.

Thanks to the universe, the Zodiac thing happened. Slowly restoring the balance of the world that had been destroyed by the Night Deities. Putting an end to her miseries. Now, the fact that a Theta is chosen as an Eve really gives the lower-ranked members a turning point in society. Although the nature of power and abilities of their ranks cannot be changed, more opportunities are now opened for them. Those thanks to Dahyun’s perseverance as the Eve and the winning of Zodiacs against the Night Deities supremacy.

 

Three days later

Back at the academy, the Eves are chilling in the cafeteria after they finished their last exams. Stretching her arms, Nayeon groaned, “Ugh…finally, it’s done. Those papers almost killed me for real”.

“Yeaaah, me too”, Sana adds.

“Wah…Ms. Ian’s subject is really hard to deal with. I never thought that final year would be this hard.”, the usually composed Mina is complaining, making Jihyo widens her eyes.

“Did I just hear the genius Mina complaining?? Wah…I thought I was so dumb back then on our exams, but it seems like I can say that I’m not that bad, at least not when we heard our top scorer is complaining”, Jihyo optimistically showing her fisted hand.

“Eyy what are you talking about...I’m not that good, besides Ms. Ian’s is never an easy one, to begin with. And you all better direct your admiration for Dubu, she’s the real brainy one here for being able to advance the subjects, even able to do exams together with us. Right, Dahyun-ah?”, they’re expecting the usual shy response from the pale girl but it never comes, making them turned their focus on the white tofu, only to find a zoned-out Dubu.

“Yah..Dubu-ah…gwenchana?”, Mina who’s sitting next to her tries to shake the pale girl’s arm to get her attention.

“Oh?...Oh ne, why unni? Sorry, do you need something?”, a startled Dubu lifts her head toward her unnies, earning four pairs of concerned eyes on her.

“No, we’re just talking about the exams, but you seem distracted.”, their focus on the conversation between Mina and Dahyun is shifted by Jihyo’s next question

“Dahyun-ah…are you okay? You seem paler today.”, Dahyun turns her head while touching her face.

“Ah, do I? I think I just feel drained by the exams. The exam period is never easy for anyone, right? No need to worry, unnie.”, she tries to give her best smile to assure her unnies. The older Eves don’t really feel convinced, but they can understand the struggle because they feel it too.

“Really?”, Sana seemed still doubtful. Dahyun just gave her a big nod and smiled.

“Yes, unnie, you don’t need to worry.”

“Aigoo…okay then, if you say so. You better tell us if you don’t feel good, okay? You’re now our baby sister, Dubu-ah. Don’t feel shy or scared to tell us anything, okay?” Jihyo’s patting Dahyun’s leg.

Jihyo’s words really touched Dahyun’s heart. However, her inferioriti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter